Caphori Art!

Started by Velspera, 21-07-2011

Ragolution

Quote from: shadowheart on 16-06-2012
Ok thanks. Im to poor to afford PhotoShop so Ill use GIMP maybe. Its funny... I had my guy all planned out then I got to an utter loss when I tried to draw it.

Do it by hand.

shadowheart

Do it by hand.

*insert perverted joke here*

I can't draw for crap. Ill TRY but I am fairly certain it will suck badly.

Returning Caphori member. Some of you may remember me as Alexander Fornet, or Kilin Goldbeard.

vatovie

do it by hand to get a sense of how you want it to look them use gimp to make the actual picture

Ragolution

Quote from: Sxasxuxkxe on 17-06-2012
http://imgur.com/dl1pa

I'm WAY too lazy to figure out my computer's errors and whatnot, so here's a picture I got my FRIEND (I couldn't do anything that is one tenth as good as this) to draw of my new character for the new map... I really wish I could claim credit for it. :P

I highly doubt your freind drew that.

Redbark

... I am jelly.

Ragolution

Quote from: Redbark on 17-06-2012
... I am jelly.

Don't be.
He stole that from a movie poster.
He stole his forum avatar from a book cover.

There was a reason I highly doubted what he said.

Lent23

No, his friend obviously worked on production in that movie.
"Mommy, when is Daddy coming home?"
"Here, Alex.. Daddy sent us a package.. The soldier told us that it.. might be a while until Daddy's done with his service. Don't worry, you'll see him soon, Alex.."
"He's always gone! I never get to see him!"

VonXeno

Quote from: Ragolution on 17-06-2012
Don't be.

Oh man

What a big deal.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Ragolution

Quote from: VonXeno on 17-06-2012
Quote from: Ragolution on 17-06-2012
Don't be.

Oh man

What a big deal.

It wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't claim it was drawn for him by someone.

Syl

Wow... My friend actually said he drew that one up above. Now I'm kinda angry... Welp, I'm sorry for accidentally lying. I'll delete it.
And yes, I did base the rangers off of the rangers from Ranger's Apprentice, and I know my profile picture is from it, but I told my friend to draw something LIKE Ranger's Apprentice, not take something from the god damn internet.
Thus, I am sorry. I made a mistake, and I definitely will do my best to rectifty any problems that came of this. (If there were any.)

Ragolution

Quote from: Sxasxuxkxe on 17-06-2012
Wow... My friend actually said he drew that one up above. Now I'm kinda angry... Welp, I'm sorry for accidentally lying. I'll delete it.
And yes, I did base the rangers off of the rangers from Ranger's Apprentice, and I know my profile picture is from it, but I told my friend to draw something LIKE Ranger's Apprentice, not take something from the god damn internet.
Thus, I am sorry. I made a mistake, and I definitely will do my best to rectifty any problems that came of this. (If there were any.)

It's fine. I just don't like charletains.

Does anyone remember back on FRP where that one guy took HGN applications and put them on a shitty community, and he put Shitty Com's apps here? Yeah. It's like that.

Syl

I can assure you, I'm no charlatan. -.- I didn't know the one my friend gave me was from the actual site, I told him to base it from that, not steal it. I already took my money back from him...

Velspera

Art theft aside:

I side with Rago (Should I just call you Rag?  Rago sounds like  Ragu and you're not pasta sauce) Ragolution: Draw it first.

You may think you're not good at drawing by hand, but creating a drawing with the computer alone will only hinder you.  Most of the time, I draw things by hand and then just do the lineart and coloring on the PC and, to be honest, I much prefer working with oil paint or ink and marker than I do creating digital artwork.

It's easier.  You have a better sense of what you're doing and HOW to draw things when you can see the lines and shading right beneath your pencil/pen/other drawing instrument.

It's hard for me to describe it, but...XD Trust me, it's much easier, especially when you want to improve as an artist.

So: Keep what everyone tells you about software in mind, but start with drawing by hand first or you really won't get better as quickly as you'd like.

Also: Don't draw cartoons.  Draw actual things.  You'll improve much faster and become a better artist if you know how to draw a character realistically before you learn how to draw a stylized version of them. 

I draw in cartoony styles more than anything, but if I ever needed to pick up a pencil and piece of paper and sketch a picture of someone standing directly in front of me I know I could do it with no problem whatsoever.  I CHOOSE to draw cartoons because it's what I like, but I'd suck at it if I didn't start with the basics (and I still do suck at it sometimes because I've gotten lazy. XD I need to do more life drawing -sigh-).

Anyway, I hope you do take this stuff to heart.  :3 I like seeing people improve and I'm sure you'd make a good artist as long as you PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

darkshinyprincess

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg651/scaled.php?server=651&filename=abbsf.png&res=landing
This is me when there's no man who wants to have sex me.

{User should be Banned for this Picture. - James Almasy}
{User should be burned at the stake unless if the user gets some weird sexual pleasure for this Picture - JRParadox}

Banned - ThY

Ragolution

Quote from: darkshinyprincess on 21-06-2012
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg651/scaled.php?server=651&filename=abbsf.png&res=landing
This is me when there's no man who wants to have sex me.

{User should be Banned for this Picture. - James Almasy}
{User should be burned at the stake unless if the user gets some weird sexual pleasure for this Picture - JRParadox}

I'm going to argue that that is not art.

darkshinyprincess

LOL FORUM BAN

Dungeon_Lord

That was funny... made me laugh twice. Dirty dirty Abby...
Help for hire! Seriously ask me for help, I need things to do.

Dungeon_Lord

Made a failtastic 3d object rendering of an arcane death-tome, but I don't seem to be able to share it. If any one can give me a tip/hint on how to do this I would incredibly greatful.

Velspera

More art!

My tablet has a habit of not realizing that it can use pressure sensitivity if I plug it in and don't restart and, as I was too lazy to do that this time, I had to just deal with it.   So, this is just a quick close-up or whatever.

A new character for the new map, Cecillia Silverthorne

:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Ragolution

Quote from: Velspera on 22-06-2012
More art!

My tablet has a habit of not realizing that it can use pressure sensitivity if I plug it in and don't restart and, as I was too lazy to do that this time, I had to just deal with it.   So, this is just a quick close-up or whatever.

A new character for the new map, Cecillia Silverthorne

Resident Art Asshole here.

The top of the head/hair looks flat.

Dungeon_Lord

I got some mini minecraft legos for my birthday and decided to make a Terraria lego thing. Its not done yet, but I can show you what I'm working with.

This is the premade instructions for making a Minecraft set. This isn't creatively made I'm just showing the pieces I'm working with too give a taste of what it may look like. I'm using little pieces because unfortunately they don't make very many big pieces that work well for nature set ups like this.
(How do you make it so it actually shows up on the page without having to go to the link. I'm quite new to this sharing art thing)

Ragolution

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 23-06-2012
I got some mini minecraft legos for my birthday and decided to make a Terraria lego thing. Its not done yet, but I can show you what I'm working with.

This is the premade instructions for making a Minecraft set. This isn't creatively made I'm just showing the pieces I'm working with too give a taste of what it may look like. I'm using little pieces because unfortunately they don't make very many big pieces that work well for nature set ups like this.
(How do you make it so it actually shows up on the page without having to go to the link. I'm quite new to this sharing art thing)

Dungeon_Lord

Ragolution how did you do that? I thought just putting in the link would work, but that doesn't seem to be true.

Ragolution

Quote from: Dungeon_Lord on 23-06-2012
Ragolution how did you do that? I thought just putting in the link would work, but that doesn't seem to be true.

your link + .jpg = success

Dungeon_Lord

I had done this a bit ago, but I had been lazy so I hadn't done it when it was done. I got randomly sick though earlier today and was unable to actually take a unshaky picture, so it took a bit to post. Here it is though; Lego Terraria.

I tried to use light blue blocks to make a background, but I didn't have nearly enough so I just used regular blue blocks that I found in my lego drawers. The rest I used from a extra lego minecraft set I had.