Asking Wrong People/Spamming Shoutbox for Passwords.

Started by Frostee, 15-04-2012

Frostee

GIVE THE PEOPLE THE PASSWORDS AFTER THEY ARE ACCEPTED, SO THEY DO NOT SPAM THE SHOUTBOX SAYING "oh migosh, when do igetz duh teraria passwordz. It haz ben a whol minut sinc i waz accepteds12%!#^&!^!"

{Spamming the Shoutbox/Asking the Wrong People for a Password may/will get you banned.}-James Almasy

Spades_Neil

Stickied until someone attends to this issue. Terraria mods may remove this topic when it is dealt with.

VonXeno

They're going to spam the shoutbox about the password whether they've applied or not. They've already started PMing the password to already accepted people, stickying this solves nothing.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: VonXeno on 15-04-2012
They're going to spam the shoutbox about the password whether they've applied or not. They've already started PMing the password to already accepted people, stickying this solves nothing.

Perhaps a rule is in order then? If they spam the shout box, they don't get their password? I don't know. Right now, it happens all too frequently and it doesn't feel like something worth banning for.

Or, at least make it perfectly clear that spamming the shout box won't get the password sooner. Maybe add a tidbit about how global mods are not responsible for Terraria. I get an average of one PM at least a week with people asking for the password. I tell them the same thing: I'm the wrong person.

In any case Terraria mods may remove this topic when they feel the issue is dealt with. Don't keep it stickied just because I stickied it.

VonXeno

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 15-04-2012
Perhaps a rule is in order then? If they spam the shout box, they don't get their password? I don't know. Right now, it happens all too frequently and it doesn't feel like something worth banning for.

Or, at least make it perfectly clear that spamming the shout box won't get the password sooner. Maybe add a tidbit about how global mods are not responsible for Terraria.

I wouldn't know how significant of a problem it were. I mean, what harm is it to use the shout box to ask a question? Point them in the right direction for now, but I agree that things need to get going on this end.

I get an average of one PM at least a week with people asking for the password. I tell them the same thing: I'm the wrong person.

Hopefully, that will stop altogether now that they've started PMing the password directly. Soon, you may not have to Neil with this shit. But again, maybe you could point them to the right people, or the application thread.

Here's my suggestion. To my knowledge, the majority of people interested in Caphori find it here:

http://terraria-server-list.com/server/2/

If we can put the application thread directly on that site, I think that would pretty much give everyone a clue, no? If the server is advertised on any other site like this, do the same.
I am not what I think I am, and I am not what you think I am. I am what I think you think I am.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: VonXeno on 15-04-2012

Or, at least make it perfectly clear that spamming the shout box won't get the password sooner. Maybe add a tidbit about how global mods are not responsible for Terraria.

I wouldn't know how significant of a problem it were. I mean, what harm is it to use the shout box to ask a question? Point them in the right direction for now, but I agree that things need to get going on this end.

I get an average of one PM at least a week with people asking for the password. I tell them the same thing: I'm the wrong person.

Hopefully, that will stop altogether now that they've started PMing the password directly. Soon, you may not have to Neil with this shit. But again, maybe you could point them to the right people, or the application thread.

Here's my suggestion. To my knowledge, the majority of people interested in Caphori find it here:

http://terraria-server-list.com/server/2/

If we can put the application thread directly on that site, I think that would pretty much give everyone a clue, no? If the server is advertised on any other site like this, do the same.

Good information to have, especially considering I have no idea who to point them to. :P Terraria isn't my department. I focus on the Gmod RP servers.

JRParadox

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?
Rag > This is so serious you don't understand.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: JRParadox on 16-04-2012
Take the time to look at the accepted people on the application thread:

http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/terraria-caphori-roleplay-server/caphori-whitelist-application-thread/600/

Doesn't matter who is and isn't accepted. I still don't know the passwords. :P I'm not a Terraria admin. That job is up to you guys.

JRParadox

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 16-04-2012

Doesn't matter who is and isn't accepted. I still don't know the passwords. :P I'm not a Terraria admin. That job is up to you guys.

I meant it as in people do not get annoyed if you haven't taken the time to look and see this change has been made. Plus in my opinion we need to change the structure of who is classed as a moderator so that when a new password is made people PM the right people. Here is my proposition for a new system:

Overseers - These people are just here to keep watch, they are the highest of authority
Tom
Steven : D
(Maybe Plunger but I'm not sure what he/she is in HGN, an overseer or what?)
Upper Operators - Talk to these people about any Caphori related subjects or password changes
James Almasy - The Highest member in Caphori
JRParadox - The second in command
Lower Operators
Bastidon
Crow763
vatovie
Trial Operators
VonXeno

Inactive Operators
Sxasxuxkxe
Lord_Blair

RoyRoger05

I am extremely sorry if I made any mistakes and this is not a way for trying to give myself a promotion just a better way to class who is who. Also the formatting is pretty screwed up. <3

Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?

VonXeno

JRParadox

Quote from: VonXeno on 16-04-2012
Quote from: JRParadox on 16-04-2012
Trial Operators
VonXeno

WAT.

Well considering the application, inactivity of certain mods and your general helping around with catching rule breakers I thought that this re-shuffle would be a good time for you to join the ranks

Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?

VonXeno

vatovie

i'm not innactive i'm on the server almost every day.

JRParadox

Quote from: vatovie on 16-04-2012
i'm not innactive i'm on the server almost every day.
Seems we are never on at the same time then and I haven't seen you on the forums in a while, updated with you in it now <3

Terraria Super Operator
JRP > What are you?
Rag > Your freind
JRP > For real?

Syndraell

I guess I'll make this Clear enough.

Spam Shoutbox for Password?

The Banhammer swings.

PLEASE People, we have the Mods' names in light blue color at the top of the page!
If you can't figure this out...

Caphori might not be your cup of tea.

No Patience, No Password.

Okay?

Thank you for Bringing this to our attention, Frostee.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Spades_Neil

I think that settles that. Unsticky and remove the topic if you feel it is handled, or leave it up for other players to view.

ThY

Quote from: James Almasy on 16-04-2012
There have been many threads about this in the past :l. Even one by me. This has been a horrificly slow responce, but anyhow thankyou

Syndraell

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 17-04-2012
I think that settles that. Unsticky and remove the topic if you feel it is handled, or leave it up for other players to view.

Definitely leaving this up. as a warning.

Quote from: ThY on 17-04-2012
Quote from: James Almasy on 16-04-2012
There have been many threads about this in the past :l. Even one by me. This has been a horrificly slow responce, but anyhow thankyou

Heh, sorry about the slow response. The internet has been cut out at my place, and we're slowly trying to get it back up. So I'm mostly offline.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.