Players you already know on the on the server: none

Previous roleplay experience: not alot but i learn fast

What servers have you played on, and how long: forgot

Why would you like to join our server: i love rping

Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?: yes

Do you agree to follow the rules?: yes

Will you agree to a One week probation Period?: yes

ROLEPLAYING QUESTIONNAIRE

You wake up in the middle of a strange forest.
You have no tools or weapons; all you have are the clothes on your back.
What would be your first course of action?(RP it.):
find a source of heat or create a source of heat

Things have looked up for you after a few days of survival.
A old man in a wagon offers to give you a lift towards Civilization.
He does look troubled, as it seems that bandits have been around this area.
Would you travel with this man?(RP it.)
only if well im equip

After a few hours of traveling,
bandits appear and demand you and the man give them 10 coins each as a tax to pass.
The man gives them his coins, the bandits now look at you. What do you do?(RP it.):
start up a fight

You have finally made it to Civilization!
However, you have no money in your possession; and to make matters worse, you're very hungry.
So you make your way to the marketplace.
What action(s) would you take?(RP it.)
previously i wood have hunted for food

{Denied-RP too short/Improperly filled application.}

longfallgloves

Why do you always deny mines? At least you could me give a good reason, dammit.

Syndraell

Quote from: Velspera on 21-06-2012
Take These Applications Seriously - We will not accept applications which are Shit\Short\Empty

If you are denied pending changes that need to be made to your application, these changes must be made and you must PM the mod that originally processed your application to have it re-evaluated.  If the changes are sufficient, the mod should PM you the password to the server.  If they are not, you will be denied again for good. Try Again.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

longfallgloves

Not sure what do I have to change, nobody tells me.

Name: longfallgloves

Roleplay Name: Wolfgang Gangwolf Harold Mastropiero (I prefer the other one :S)

Players you already know on the on the server: Nobody.

Previous roleplay experience: Many MMORPG games, and RP servers in Minecraft and GMod.

What servers have you played on, and how long: Bubuntuludus, World of Terraria, Angels and demons, Pokemon experience. Two months each.

Why would you like to join our server: It seems funny. Its a medieval society, right? Then it could be entertaining to be a wise and peaceful teacher (not futuristic, of course. I'm a teacher, not a scientist). Building schools, teaching geography, music, art, gym, maths... Learning in an RP could be fun.

Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?: Yes.

Do you agree to follow the rules?: Yes.

Will you agree to a One week probation Period?: Would be nice.

After my last class I went to my house, played my harp a bit and went to bed. I don't remember how did I get here.
"Damn, what am I doing here? It's wednesday, I must be at the school giving my class. OK, don't panic, let's see if I can back to the town." I said.
I was lost in a forest, very deep and with many plants. It was like a jungle. Maybe someone wanted me lost. But that was impossible, an intelligent teacher cannot be lost in a biome. Forest, desert, mountains... I knew what to do.
I looked up, looking for the sun, so I could know what time was it and where was the north. Then, I found some clues: footprits, wheel marks, broken branches and torn leather.
"Hmm, maybe I came from here. They brought me in a cart, not a chariot, from that way. The footprits tell me they were two, or three. The branches, how big the cart was. This piece of leather, their clothes. Seems to be bandits'." I deducted. Now I knew how did they bring me here, how many were they and where they brought me from. But why? Who?
"Don't have time, I better leave".

The old man, that seemed to have 89 years, was driving a big wagon. For the size of the vehicle, the colour and the design, he seemed to be a merchant.
"Hey man, you look in trouble."
"Yes, I woke up here. I'm going to the north, to the city."
"Well, casually I was driving in that direction. Would you like to travel with me to the city?"
After listening that man, I thought he could be my salvation.
"So, if you are going to the city that you said, the distance is 1200 ft. and now it's 4:00 PM. If your vehicle wheels can travel at a maximum speed of 10 MPH except if we find mud at this Ulmus Vulgaris forest, how much time will be this take?".
The man thought for a bit, but he suddenly refused to think an answer.
"Don't bullshit me, I'm not good at maths. Will you travel with me or not?"
My teacher instincts. I'm used to ask many questions to my pupils so they have their brains active. But this was not the moment. This was not the school, and that man was not a pupil. So I accepted.
"Yes, I will. Behind?"
"I have tools for selling behind the wagon, if you go with the tools you could break them."
"What do you sell?"
"Fragile statues and glass. Bottles, cups, windows..."
"I see. What is the price?"
"The cheapest thing costs 100 gold, and you don't seem to have a copper coin, have ya?"
"Nope. Then it could be a bad idea to carry a teacher with the merchancy."
"Still can take you to the city, you can sit here, with me."
"I hate the smell of a horse, but I have no choice."
"Good. But be ware, there are bandits here."

bandits appear and demand you and the man give them 10 coins each as a tax to pass.
The man gives them his coins, the bandits now look at you. What do you do?(RP it.):

While traveling, we were speaking about intelectual things: Economy, alchemy, politics, books, magic... Suddenly, the wagon stopped at a fallen tree.
"It's a trap!" said the old man. Hmm, where did I hear that before?
"What's happening?"
"Bandits!"
Too late for escaping, in seconds we were surrounded by archer bandits. They looked strong, and angry. Was not a good idea trying to be a hero and fight.
"Don't hurt me!" said the old man "I know what you want, take it!" and he gave them 10 coins.
"Good" said a bandit "you paid the tax to pass, but every man of the cart must pay".
I realized that if I had traveled behind, with the tools, I could have been hidden from them.
"And if I don't pay?" I asked.
"Then we kill you both and steal what you have."
I looked at their eyes, disgusted.
"Guys, crime doesn't pay. I think you're robbing cause you can't get any job, and that's because you left school when you were young. Am I wrong?"
They took their weapons, but I didn't seem scared.
"Look, guys. A job could give your more money in a day than robbing in a year. It's true, teachers gain a hundred bucks per week. Do you know how much can you earn being, for example, medic?".
They didn't listen me.
"Pay the tax or you'll take an arrow to da f***ing head" said another.
"Ok, shoot me. I'll show you how the knowledge is more powerful than the sword." I said.
The bandit shooted me, right to the head. I saw the arrow coming, calculated where it was going, the speed, and how fast I had to move the head to dodge it. The arrow didn't touch me, and impacted right to another bandit's knee.
"See? Try again."
Another bandit shooted. I realized that if I dodged this one, would hit the old man, so instead of dodging I grabbed it with the two hands. It almost hits my eye, but I stopped it.
They looked amazed.
"Come with me, I'll teach you these abilities, I'll make you smarter, and it will make you richer."
When I said "rich", that convinced them. They took their chariots and joined us. While I was healing one of the bandits, he gave back the 10 coins to the old man.

However, you have no money in your possession; and to make matters worse, you're very hungry.

I was so hungry after that, but I didn't have time for dinner, because the classes at the music school were about to start. I went to my house first, took my harp and two apples that were eaten while I ran to the music school.
I arrived 5 minutes late.
"Hello, pupils. I'm sorry about not coming to the school this morning." (there were two, the normal school and the music school) "It's a long story. So, take your harps, bells and drums, open the sheets and lets start."
Two hours later, we finished the two songs: "La puta de la cabra" and a Skrillex theme.
"Better. Second harps, very good. Keep practicing, the concert is in two months."
I went back to my house, ate the dinner and sleeped. I was so tired. God, I hope not to wake up at the forest tomorrow again.
"Now, I have to think more about who left me at the forest, and why. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

If you deny it, at least tell me what to change.

Knife_cz

Quote from: longfallgloves on 17-02-2013
"Ok, shoot me. I'll show you how the knowledge is more powerful than the sword." I said.
The bandit shooted me, right to the head. I saw the arrow coming, calculated where it was going, the speed, and how fast I had to move the head to dodge it. The arrow didn't touch me, and impacted right to another bandit's knee.
"See? Try again."
Another bandit shooted. I realized that if I dodged this one, would hit the old man, so instead of dodging I grabbed it with the two hands. It almost hits my eye, but I stopped it.
They looked amazed.
Are you fucking retarded or just 'retarded'?
If you roleplayed on garrysmod with this shit, holy shit no wonders RP communities are dying.

Your roleplay is shit, its also called power gaming, no, your character isn't a fucking godly amazing character which can count some fucking trace in fucking 1 second, fucking retard, holy shit.
I wouldn't be so harsh, but when you say that you 'think that your roleplay is good' and that you roleplayed before. God fucking damn it, you sure had enough time to improve, and if they didn't tell you that this is powergaming then holy shit that must been such a retarded server beyond my imagination. And 'you hate smell of horses' in character? Holy shit it isn't year 2012 where they have cars and planes, Caphori is a MEDIEVAL ROLEPLAY, get used to horses. And another thing, the merchant is 89 years old? Unless hes some fucking wizard he would have died already, its medieval once again, diseases and no good medicine yet.

On bright side, your grammar is fine.

Do you take this enough as a reason?

I suggest to take completly different role, and write the application again, and seriously this time along with common sense.
Maybe your roleplay is 'fine' and you just don't have a talent for backstories. Even when that isn't any excuse for that powergaming.
Or go and stab yourself in the eye for calling yourself a 'good' roleplay. Sick of your application, truly.

-Your Knife, xoxo

HitMan5523

Quote from: knife_cz on 18-02-2013
"See? Try again."
They looked amazed.
If you roleplayed on garrysmod with this shit, holy shit no wonders RP communities are dying.

Your roleplay is shit, its also called power gaming, no, your character isn't a fucking godly amazing character which can count some fucking trace in fucking 1 second, fucking retard, holy shit.
I wouldn't be so harsh, but when you say that you 'think that your roleplay is good' and that you roleplayed before. God fucking damn it, you sure had enough time to improve, and if they didn't tell you that this is powergaming then holy shit that must been such a retarded server beyond my imagination. And 'you hate smell of horses' in character? Holy shit it isn't year 2012 where they have cars and planes, Caphori is a MEDIEVAL ROLEPLAY, get used to horses. And another thing, the merchant is 89 years old? Unless hes some fucking wizard he would have died already, its medieval once again, diseases and no good medicine yet.

I suggest to take completly different role, and write the application again, and seriously this time along with common sense.
Maybe your roleplay is 'fine' and you just don't have a talent for backstories. Even when that isn't any excuse for that powergaming.
Knife, you don't understand!!!11!!! He's a collector!
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Syndraell

"See? Try again."
They looked amazed.

Or go and stab yourself in the eye for calling yourself a 'good' roleplay. Sick of your application, truly.

-Your Knife, xoxo

This.

zarmon

Roleplay Name: Zarmon III

Players you already know on the on the server: No-one. But hopefully I will meet people.
Previous roleplay experience:[I have roleplayed on minecraft, gmod and other terraria servers.
What servers have you played on, and how long: Eriks Terraria Server (NEW MAP!!), Grinderville, and 2 months.

Why would you like to join our server: I am a huge rp fan and would like to meet other people.

Do you agree to follow the rules?: Of course!

Will you agree to a One week probation Period?: Ok.

ROLEPLAYING QUESTIONNAIRE YAY!

What would be your first course of action?(RP it.): Look around for food, water and shelter.

Would you travel with this man?(RP it.) No. Tell him i'll be fine.

The man gives them his coins, the bandits now look at you. What do you do?(RP it.): (if they had steads, yes because I couldn't outrun them, but they didn't, run.

What action(s) would you take?(RP it.) I would search for any work or odd jobs to earn money.

{Denied-RP too short/Improperly filled application.}

the_grub

"See? Try again."
They looked amazed.

-Your Knife, xoxo
Perfect
r u avin a giggle ther m8, il bash ye fookin ead in i swar on me mum

longfallgloves

Yes. That's what I wanted, a reason. Also, I think you could have been more polite saying it.

Correcting!

Roleplay Name: Wolfgang Gangwolf

Previous roleplay experience: Many MMORPG games, and RP servers in Minecraft and GMod.

What servers have you played on, and how long: Bubuntuludus, World of Terraria, Angels and demons, Pokemon experience. Two months each.

Why would you like to join our server: It seems funny. Its a medieval society, right? Then it could be entertaining to be a wise and peaceful teacher (not futuristic, of course. I'm a teacher, not a scientist). Building schools, teaching geography, music, art, gym, maths... Learning in an RP could be fun.

After my last class I went to my house, played my harp a bit and went to bed. I don't remember how did I get here.
"Damn, what am I doing here? It's wednesday, I must be at the school giving my class. OK, don't panic, let's see if I can back to the town." I said.
I was lost in a forest, very deep and with many plants. It was like a jungle. Maybe someone wanted me lost. But that was impossible, an intelligent teacher cannot be lost in a biome. Forest, desert, mountains... I knew what to do.
I looked up, looking for the sun, so I could know what time was it and where was the north. Then, I found some clues: footprits, wheel marks, broken branches and torn leather.
"Hmm, maybe I came from here. They brought me in a cart, not a chariot, from that way. The footprits tell me they were two, or three. The branches, how big the cart was. This piece of leather, their clothes. Seems to be bandits'." I deducted. Now I knew how did they bring me here, how many were they and where they brought me from. But why? Who?
"Don't have time, I better leave".

That man seemed to be very very old. Maybe he had at least 38 years. He was driving a big wagon. For the size of the vehicle, the colour and the design, he seemed to be a merchant.
"Hey man, you look in trouble."
"Yes, I woke up here. I'm going to the north, to the city."
"Well, casually I was driving in that direction. Would you like to travel with me to the city?"
"So, if you are going to the city that you said, the distance is 1200 ft. and now it's 4:00 PM. If your vehicle wheels can travel at a maximum speed of 10 MPH except if we find mud at this Ulmus Vulgaris forest, how much time will be this take?".
The man thought for a bit, but he suddenly refused to think an answer.
"Don't bullshit me, I'm not good at maths. Will you travel with me or not?"
My teacher instincts. I'm used to ask many questions to my pupils so they have their brains active. But this was not the moment. This was not the school, and that man was not a pupil. So I accepted.
"Yes, I will. Behind?"
"I have tools for selling behind the wagon, if you go with the tools you could break them."
"What do you sell?"
"I see. What is the price?"
"The cheapest thing costs 100 gold, and you don't seem to have a copper coin, have ya?"
"Nope. Then it could be a bad idea to carry a teacher with the merchancy."
"Still can take you to the city, you can sit here, with me."
"I hate the smell of a horse, but I have no choice. It's always better than walking."
"Good. But be ware, there are bandits here."

While traveling, we were speaking about intelectual things: Economy, alchemy, politics, books, magic...
"And that's why the earth is flat. How can it be an sphere? People in the south would fall!" I said.
"Yeah, that's interesting. But I'm still thinking about what you said about evolution." said the old man.
"Yes. As Darles Charwin said, we were not created by gods, we envolved from bunnies."
"From bunnies? And where do they come from?"
Suddenly, the wagon stopped at a fallen tree.
"What's happening?"
"Bandits!"
Too late for escaping, in seconds we were surrounded by archer bandits. They looked strong, and angry. Was not a good idea trying to be a hero and fight.
"Don't hurt me!" said the old man "I know what you want, take it!" and he gave them 10 coins.
"Good" said a bandit "you paid the tax to pass, but every man of the cart must pay".
I realized that if I had traveled behind, with the tools, I could have been hidden from them.
"Guys, crime doesn't pay. I think you're robbing cause you can't get any job, and that's because you left school when you were young. Am I wrong?"
"Look, guys. A job could give your more money in a day than robbing in a year. It's true, teachers gain a hundred bucks per week. Do you know how much can you earn being, for example, medic?".
They didn't listen me.
"Pay the tax or you'll take an arrow to da f***ing head" said another.
"I don't have any money, and I'm not going to pay being your slave." I said.
The bandit shooted me, but he missed and impacted right to another bandit's knee.
"You'll not catch me alive." I said jumping from the wagon and pushing the wounded bandit.
"Kill him! Bring me his head!" shouted the boss.
While I was running, I heard the old man asking the other bandits for leaving.
"Well, you paid the tax. You can go away." said one. The old man's life was safe, but now I was being chased by bandits that knew the forest better than me. But as I always say, the knowledge is more powerful than the sword.
"It's a forest, there are animals here." I thought. "Ulmus Vulgaris trees, not too much mud, common rock, afternoon... Good, I know where to go." and I quickly turned left, dodging a bandit's axe.
"If my natural science books are right, there must be caves here." I said. Fortunately, they were right. There were four caves. But in my joy I distracted and stepped a rope that raised me up.
"How fool I am. How could I ignored the detail of traps?". There I was, hanging in a tree. But that bear trap was put there by hunters, not bandits. So they passed below me without seeing me.
"Where did he go?" "Did he vanished? No, he's not a mage." "Maybe he is hidden in those caves."
My plan accomplished with f***ing perfection. Those caves were habitated by brown bears. That's why there was a bear trap here. Furious bears came out and attacked the bandits, and they used their weapons. In the fight, a missed arrow cut the rope. I fell to the ground, free, and I ran away (not without taking 10 coins from a corpse).

I was so hungry after that, but I didn't have time for dinner, because the classes at the music school were about to start. I went to my house first, took my harp and two apples that were eaten while I ran to the music school.
"Hello, pupils. I'm sorry about not coming to the school this morning." (there were two, the normal school and the music school) "It's a long story. So, take your harps, bells and drums, open the sheets and lets start."
Two hours later, we finished the two songs: "La puta de la cabra" and a Skrillex theme.
"Better. Second harps, very good. Keep practicing, the concert is in two months."
I went back to my house. In the path, I found the old man store. I was too much tired to greet him and tell how did I survived, so I just went to the store, left the 10 coins (I gave his money back) and leave. I arrived my house, ate the dinner and sleeped. I was so tired. God, I hope not to wake up at the forest tomorrow again.
"Now, I have to think more about who left me at the forest, and why. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ"

There, no powergaming, just luck. And as you read, if I hate the smell of horses is because I prefer walking.

Knife_cz

Poor terraria mods having to deal with this shit.
Quote"Then we kill you both and steal what you have."

Do you even fear rp?
Quote"It's a forest, there are animals here." I thought. "Ulmus Vulgaris trees, not too much mud, common rock, afternoon... Good, I know where to go." and I quickly turned left, dodging a bandit's axe.
"If my natural science books are right, there must be caves here." I said. Fortunately, they were right. There were four caves. But in my joy I distracted and stepped a rope that raised me up.
"How fool I am. How could I ignored the detail of traps?". There I was, hanging in a tree. But that bear trap was put there by hunters, not bandits. So they passed below me without seeing me.
"Where did he go?" "Did he vanished? No, he's not a mage." "Maybe he is hidden in those caves."
My plan accomplished with f***ing perfection. Those caves were habitated by brown bears. That's why there was a bear trap here. Furious bears came out and attacked the bandits, and they used their weapons. In the fight, a missed arrow cut the rope. I fell to the ground, free, and I ran away (not without taking 10 coins from a corpse).
I don't know how could he miss when you weren't moving once again, and certainly you would remind of some stupid book when running for your life.

QuoteYou wake up in the middle of a strange forest.

What? You can tell what forest it is from books? Or you been there before?

And no, I couldn't have been more polite when you say that your roleplay is good.
I think you had enough of chances, even when I am not a mod - I don't think your roleplay is proper/good enough, a god damn teacher really wouldn't know anything about how to dodge a axe, or some arrow along with knowing everything about some forest. A teacher would be scared for life.

You also used the wrong name again, how hard is it to double-check or application and write a SENSE MAKING backstory? Common sense is quite important for every roleplay out there ya' know.

AND TO THIS GUY UNDER ME :

QuoteRoleplay Name:Derexion

Players you already know on the on the server:None

Previous roleplay experience:on minecraft,Dead Fontier and Startrek Online

What servers you play on:none

Why would you like to join our server:I love the Medieval History on Europe And i love to Play RPG server

Have you read the rules thread?:i will Obey your Rules

Do you agree to follow the rules?:yes

A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):sorry i dont want some But you can have 10$ but buys some food

Go away, hush

Edit; You might be a teacher, but a teacher focuses on one subject, not on nature/math/music/languages at same time, your character seems like a MUSICAL (Is that the right word for a teacher that teaches about music?) teacher since you ended it with that you are going to teach class something about instruments or something. Why would a musical teacher care about nature? The fact that you are a 'teacher' really doesn't makes you anyhow intelligent, you just know a way to teach your class some stuff.

About the name Wolfgang Gangwolf, its stupid because its just..Wolf and Gang in different order.

And once again, fear roleplay. You wouldn't run from armed bandits to risk your life, you have so many options like asking the merchant to borrow you some money and that you will work for him, or tell him that you will pay him when you get to the city just anyyythiiing but these are BANDITS, ARMED BANDITS. You do not run unarmed from these when they are aiming at you and look angry.

Don't tell me to think.

Derexion

Roleplay Name:Derexion

Players you already know on the on the server:None

Previous roleplay experience:on minecraft,Dead Fontier and Startrek Online

What servers you play on:none

Why would you like to join our server:I love the Medieval History on Europe And i love to Play RPG server

Have you read the rules thread?:i will Obey your Rules

Do you agree to follow the rules?:yes

A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):sorry i dont want some But you can have 10$ but buys some food to eat and some water to drink

longfallgloves

Quote from: knife_cz on 19-02-2013
Poor terraria mods having to deal with this shit.
Quote"Then we kill you both and steal what you have."

Do you even fear rp?
Quote"It's a forest, there are animals here." I thought. "Ulmus Vulgaris trees, not too much mud, common rock, afternoon... Good, I know where to go." and I quickly turned left, dodging a bandit's axe.
I don't know how could he miss when you weren't moving once again, and certainly you would remind of some stupid book when running for your life.

QuoteYou wake up in the middle of a strange forest.

What? You can tell what forest it is from books? Or you been there before?

And no, I couldn't have been more polite when you say that your roleplay is good.
I think you had enough of chances, even when I am not a mod - I don't think your roleplay is proper/good enough, a god damn teacher really wouldn't know anything about how to dodge a axe, or some arrow along with knowing everything about some forest. A teacher would be scared for life.

You also used the wrong name again, how hard is it to double-check or application and write a SENSE MAKING backstory? Common sense is quite important for every roleplay out there ya' know.

Do you even know how to THINK? I'll explain these points so you understand.

At the first thing, I try to keep calm and the situation in peace. Later, I get the fuck out running as hell, trying to escape.

I see the forest. I see the trees, the ground, the rocks, the sky... Then I know what kind of forest is, so I know that there are animals (maybe I'm wrong and it's unhabited). Why do I remember what my books said? Because I'm a teacher, I'm intelligent.
How did I dodge? While running, I suddenly turned left. If that's not enough, you can duck to avoid a horizontal axe hit. There's no need to be a genius to dodge an easy hit.

I don't know the place, the ways and else, but I CAN tell the kind of forest, the animals that it has, where do they live, how do they act, where to find them... BECAUSE I'M A TEACHER. I know natural science, music, literature, art, newbie chemistry, and enough common sense to know how to grab a sword and the fact that the edge can hurt you.

I'm not a warrior, archer, mage or knight. I'm a citizen. I'm a smart man that gives knowledge. Maybe I cannot be superintelligent, because that's powergaming (I accept it), but if I act as a teacher, I have to be clever. If you hate teachers in real life, OK, but this is RP.

And about the name, what's wrong? Why is a bad name "Wolfgang Gangwolf"? Mozart's name is Wolfgang. And Johann Sebastian Mastropiero's master too.

longfallgloves

Also, I agreed to the One week probation period.

RDApollo

Name: Derrik

Roleplay Name: RD Apollo

Players you already know on the on the server: I don't know anyone on this server.

Previous roleplay experience: I have never played on a roleplay server.

What servers have you played on, and how long: I have not played on any multiplayer Terraria server.

Why would you like to join our server: The reason that i want to join this server, because i want to play on a dependable server with nice and respectful players.

Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?: Yes

Do you agree to follow the rules?: Yes

Will you agree to a One week probation Period?: Yes

I would wonder a bit to be able to see if i can find someone or something made by an advanced race. Then if i found nothing showing me that i am by civilization i would look around for tinder, and materials to make some sort of weapon or tool. Then i would make a shelter and a fire 5 feet away from my shelter, to keep warm and be able to keep animals away, as well as showing that i'm there just in case

Yes, i would travel with this person. mainly for two reasons. one because i can most likely protect him and because it helping me get out of the wild that has encased me for a few days.

I say that i don't have any coins because i was trapped in the wild and have not been able to civilization for a few days so i have nothing but the cloths on my back, but i can challenge you to a game of 5 finger fillet. Then when its my turn to play the game i take the knife and slit the bandits, the other one playing the game, throat then tell the man driving the wagon to go as fast as he can and jump on the back of the wagon and we go on our marry way.

I would go to the section where the beggars are at and steal from them just so i can have some food to eat and then i would give back what i don't need. though i would feel bad about it. it would be necessary.
{Denied- revise RP section, it needs to be a bit longer}

longfallgloves

You might be a teacher, but a teacher focuses on one subject, not on nature/math/music/languages at same time, your character seems like a MUSICAL (Is that the right word for a teacher that teaches about music?) teacher since you ended it with that you are going to teach class something about instruments or something. Why would a musical teacher care about nature? The fact that you are a 'teacher' really doesn't makes you anyhow intelligent, you just know a way to teach your class some stuff.

About the name Wolfgang Gangwolf, its stupid because its just..Wolf and Gang in different order.

And once again, fear roleplay. You wouldn't run from armed bandits to risk your life, you have so many options like asking the merchant to borrow you some money and that you will work for him, or tell him that you will pay him when you get to the city just anyyythiiing but these are BANDITS, ARMED BANDITS. You do not run unarmed from these when they are aiming at you and look angry.

I think you're right. Maybe my coward escape is too brave. When I come back, I'll post a corrected version. Stand by.

Well, I tried to be a generic teacher (you know, like village primary teachers), that's why I know a bit about everything. But maybe I could be an only music teacher, if you think that's better.

Yeah, Wolfgang Gangwolf. I think it's funny and ingenious. But if you prefer, I'll call my char "Harold Mastropiero".

I'll be at the class. Be right back in two or three hours.

Syndraell

Quote from: longfallgloves on 19-02-2013
You might be a teacher, but a teacher focuses on one subject, not on nature/math/music/languages at same time, your character seems like a MUSICAL (Is that the right word for a teacher that teaches about music?) teacher since you ended it with that you are going to teach class something about instruments or something. Why would a musical teacher care about nature? The fact that you are a 'teacher' really doesn't makes you anyhow intelligent, you just know a way to teach your class some stuff.

I think you're right. Maybe my coward escape is too brave. When I come back, I'll post a corrected version. Stand by.

Well, I tried to be a generic teacher (you know, like village primary teachers), that's why I know a bit about everything. But maybe I could be an only music teacher, if you think that's better.

Yeah, Wolfgang Gangwolf. I think it's funny and ingenious. But if you prefer, I'll call my char "Harold Mastropiero".

Anyone got a link to that "How to RP properly" Thread?

Knife_cz

Quote from: James Almasy on 19-02-2013

Dontch'a mean..this? http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/roleplay-guides/character-creation-or-'how-to-make-a-character-that-won't-make-you-look-12'/
And hey longfallgloves , its 'fine', just trying to fix/improve your roleplay is always a step forward, everyone does a mistake sometime I guess. (But how you said that you think that you are a good roleplayer after seeing that powergame ughhhhhh nghhhhhh aghhhhh hhhh)

Syndraell

Quote from: James Almasy on 19-02-2013

Dontch'a mean..this? http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/roleplay-guides/character-creation-or-'how-to-make-a-character-that-won't-make-you-look-12'/
And hey longfallgloves , its 'fine', just trying to fix/improve your roleplay is always a step forward, everyone does a mistake sometime I guess. (But how you said that you think that you are a good roleplayer after seeing that powergame ughhhhhh nghhhhhh aghhhhh hhhh)

OP characters are overrated.
As much as that may be, i do have an OP Tyrant character. It's more Backstory than E-peen.(And soon to be event related, once i finish moving/set up my new apartment/get internet.)

chrcs

Name: Chris

Roleplay Name: Judas Triad

Players you already know on the on the server: None

Previous roleplay experience: I've roleplayed on a number of other games including SWTOR and WoW but never on a terraria server.

What servers have you played on, and how long: Only my friend's server and it's pretty much what I'm always on

Why would you like to join our server: I think it'd be interesting to roleplay on a terraria server versus all of the other things I've roleplayed on, plus it just seems fun.

Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?: Yes

Do you agree to follow the rules?: Always

Will you agree to a One week probation Period?: Of course

Find some sort of civilization and explain to whom ever is there my situation, and hope that I get some sort of generosity but if that is not an option I would scavenge for tools of some sort and begin to try and forge a way to find others.

"Can I help you son?"
"Oh thank goodness, I've been wondering for days, if you could take me to some sort of civilization, that'd be amazing."
"Let's not get ahead of ourselves now, no one offered you a ride yet."
"Right, sorry"
"So what's your name kid?"
"Judas"
"Judas? Sounds intimidating"
"I suppose so. If you don't mind me asking why do you look so... frightened and frail?"
"Bandits"
"Bandits?"
"That's what I said isn't it? Look are you going to stand around all day or are you going to get your ass on this wagon and go?"
"Right, let's get going then"

The wagon comes to a sudden halt as the man and I go flying forward a bit inside of the carriage. Three bandits step out, one large and muscular the other two shorter and skinnier.
"Give us your coins kid" Shouts the bigger one.
"Uh... I don't have any..."
"Bullshit, give us your coins you twerp" Screamed one of the short ones.
"Calm down!" Shouts the biggest one as he back hands the smaller one. "Not going to say it again, hand over the coins"
"I don't have any!" I shout
"He's right" says the old man "He really doesn't"
"Alright" Says the biggest one as he turns to the Old Man "Looks like you're going to have to pay for him then"
"No..." I mutter under my breath
"What was that?"
"I said no, he won't be paying for me."
"He won't? So I take it you DO have coins" Says the biggest one turning back to me
"No, but you're not going to extort this Old man"
"Oh yeah, says who?" Says the shortest one with a smirk on his face
"Me" I say as I turn to grab something from the carriage
As I turn back all of the bandits are laughing hysterically. Suddenly and with much force I bring down the plank I found in the carriage on the biggest one of them, this making him fall.
"What the!" Shouts the smaller one as he motions for the other one to spring at me. As he does I bring the board back up and hit him in the head, making him fall to the ground as well.
"I uhh...." Stammers the smallest one as he begins to slowly back up
"Get out of here" I say sternly as the man turns quickly to run away
"Thank you..." Says the Old man still astonished
"Don't worry about it, let's just get out of here" I say sitting back down in the carriage.

The Old man and I would begin to approach the market. My stomach would begin to rumble as I smell the fumes of the delicious food in the market.
"You hungry?" He says
"Well.... I am but I don't want to burden you"
"HA! Burden me? You just saved my life! It's the least I can do" He says moving toward one of the sellers
"But you have no money either" I said puzzled
"But I do know everyone in this place!" He said
As he moves to one of the sellers he motions for me to stand back. He slowly approaches the man and gives him a hardy hug. They talk for a few minutes and then he points to me, the seller looks over the booth and smiles. After a few more minutes the man hands the old man a few loaves of bread and an apple.
"Okay... How did you do that?" I asked as I hungrily grab one of the loaves
"Simple, I told him what you did for me, and now he has respect for you."
"Wow.... who knew" I said as I scarf down a bite of the bread. The Old man laughs as he joins me on the ground taking a bite of his bread as well.

{Accepted-Please join the group "Caphori"}

chrcs

longfallgloves

Roleplay Name: Harold Mastropiero

"Damn, what am I doing here? It's Wednesday, I should be at the school giving my class. OK, don't panic, let's see if I can back to the town." I said.
I was lost in a forest, very deep and with many plants. It was like a jungle. Maybe someone wanted me lost. But that was impossible... But then again intelligence will not get you through life alone. Forest, desert, mountains... There's nothing like pitting knowledge against nature.
I looked up, looking for the sun, so I could guess the time and attempt to figure out which direction to go. Then, I found some signs of life: footprits, wheel marks, broken branches and torn leather.
"Hmm, maybe I came from here. They brought me in a cart, not a chariot, from that way. The footprits tell me they were two, or three. The shoes are different. The branches, how big the cart was. This piece of leather, their clothes. Seems to be bandits', for the colour, texture and dirt." I thought. Now I knew how they brought me here, how many there were and where they brought me from. But why? Who?
"There are more Important things I should be focusing on right now, such as getting out of this accursed wilderness".

That man seemed to be very very old. Maybe he had at least 48 years (It's a medieval society. With no modern medicines, a 30 years old man is considered old). He was driving a big wagon. For the size of the vehicle, the color and the design, he seemed to be a merchant.
"Excuse me, young man. It seems like you've lost your way."
"Yes, I woke up here In the middle of the forest. I'm going to the north, to the city."
"Well, I'm going in that direction. Need a lift?"
"Yes, I will. Can I go behind?"
"No, you can't. I have my merchancy there."
"If you don't mind me asking, what are you carrying?"
"Tools mostly, but i do carry a number of other items to sell."
"Like?"
"Sounds like quite the haul."
"That it is. Although I swear some of the people that buy my wares seem to get the better deal in the end..."
"Good thing I'm a teacher, maybe along the way i could discuss the finer points of Trading and Mercantilism."
"Still, I can take you to the city. you can sit beside me."
"I hate the smell of a horse, but I have no choice. It's always better than walking."
"Good. But be wary, there are bandits about."

While traveling, we were speaking about intelectual things: Economy, alchemy, politics, books, magic...
"And that's why the earth is flat. How can it be an sphere? People in the south would fall!" I said.
"Yeah, that's interesting. But I'm still thinking about what you said about evolution." said the old man.
"Yes. As Darles Charwin said, we were not created by gods, we envolved from bunnies."
"From bunnies? And where do they come from?"
Suddenly, the wagon stopped at a fallen tree.
"What's happening?"
"Bandits!"
Too late for escaping, in seconds we were trapped by the bandits. They looked strong, and angry. Was not a good idea trying to be a hero and fight.
I looked at their eyes, and suddenly I pointed to a random tree and screamed:
"Look out! A three-headed monkey there!"
They tooked behind them. I jumped from the wagon, grabbed some stones, threw them one by one to the other direction and hid under the wagon rolling over.
"Wait a bit. There are no three-headed monkeys here." said a bandit.
"Yeah, they live in the jungle, not in the forest. Hold on, where's the young jerk?" said another.
The old man understood my strategy. "Didn't you hear him? He ran away in that direction."
"Yeah, I heard him too. F***ing coward. Chase him, bring his head".
"Meanwhile, can I leave?" said the old man.
"Yes, you can. You paid the tax. Now go."
I was gripping the ledges under the wagon, so I left the zone without being sighted while they were looking for me. I couldn't hold too much, so I fell to the ground, and avoided the wheels.
I stood up and ran to the wagon. "Hey, I'm here. Don't leave me behind."

Two hours later, we finished the two songs: "La puta de la cabra" and a Skrillex theme. (In a Medieval/Fantasy server. Really?) Well, that was for the lol.
Two hours later, we finished the three songs: "A brave hero returns home after long travel", "Forgive these sinners, lord" and "Fire and lava on the water".
I went back to my house, ate the dinner and sleeped. I was so tired. God, I hope not to wake up at the forest tomorrow again. Bandits could be still looking for me.

Would be too much powergaming that distraction and sneaking?
Out of boredom I've attempted to actually show what would be better/preferred.
Corrected, combining and explaining. And thanks for the grammar corrections.

Guna

Name: John Matos

Roleplay Name: Bino

Players you already know on the on the server: None

Previous roleplay experience: GuildWars(6yrs) SRO(4yrs) Aion(2yrs)

What servers have you played on, and how long: i´ve been playing everything i can for the past 10 yrs :P

Why would you like to join our server: I'm looking forward to play Terraria with other players since it has been a while

Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?: Yes i did

Do you agree to follow the rules?: Yes i do

Will you agree to a One week probation Period?: Sure

I would trade my clothes for some tools in order to build a shelter to survive.
I will travel along with you old man, and protect you from bandits i will ''Yoda'' :P

I would say: I don't have any coins with me. All i have is my hand-made clothes and my tools... you can take my tools if you let me pass.

I would offer my services in exchange for a hot meal

{Denied-RP too short/Improper Name}

Orphaniel

Name: Johan Becconsall .esq

Roleplay Name: Orphaniel

Players you already know on the on the server: Not a one

Previous roleplay experience: Ahh, roleplay, my oldest love. My previous experience stretches back about fifteen years to star trek (Yes, star trek) Play by forum RP. In a more recent manner, I've played and helped create a few different Minecraft RP servers. I can not only RP, I can help with storylines, artwork and anyhting else you all may require of me

What servers have you played on, and how long: Nothing based on terraria. Minecraft however, a year or two worth of RP and story administration

Why would you like to join our server: I've been trying to get back into Terraria a bit again, but most servers seem either to be a griefnado of jerks or an enormous willy-measuring contest about items (if you will forgive my vanacular). And single player doesnt really compare. I might build an awesome house, but no-one would ever see it... Then I found this on http://www.terrariaonline-servers.com/ that site. I would be doing myself a grave disservice if I did not try this out.

Do you agree to follow the rules?: I think I an bring myself to do that, yes. :)

Will you agree to a One week probation Period?: Of course

Orphaniel Is suddenly wide awake, alert as this is not, indeed, his bed, or any other familiar place he might have collapsed after an overenthusiastic intake of ale. He hops up and recoils away from what grass and trees he can - he HATES trees, and nature in general, and hisses. He furtively glances around incase his attackers are still near, but they are not. He reaches out, snapping some thick low branches from the nearest tree so he at least has something to defend himself with, and scurries off, desperate to find a way underground as fast as possible.

Orphaniel might be demon-spawn, but he is not outwardly evil. The man passes him unmolested by the spear he has fashioned from a stick. He is known to the surface dwellers where he is from, but he could be very far from home and exposing himself is a risk, even if they are travelling in the same direction.

Armed with nothing but a pointed stick, Fighting is hardly an option against several well-armed bandits, and Orphaniel certainly has no coin to pay them, worse still, he might be considered a prize for some menagerie on his own, demon that he is (though the old man had been accepting enough, maybe it was not so uncommon). Since he has no coin or weapon, he hisses, smoke rising from his mismatched lips "If you lay a hand on me, manbeast, your family will suffer deformity for ten generations" He tried to make his voice sound harsh and unpleasant (he usually had a genial and cultured tone). Thinking better than to risk the claim, the bandits retreat into the brush.

The strays in the city are beginning to look quite appealing. Orphaniel came here in hopes that there might be a mine he can find familiar tunnels though, or at least fidn out where he is. He's stolen a long cloak that mostly covers him, but he has to be very careful. He drifts into the edge of the market and reaches for some bread as if to buy, till not sure what he was actually going to do with it. The Baker sees the clawed hand though, and she shrieks, the whole marketplace seems to turn to him, and the demon darts away into the alley with the bread. So far, this day is not going fabulously. He muses, as a dozen commoners chase him through the alleys.

[OKay, so the situation in the above scenarios is not ideal for the kind of character I like to play, but there it is, also, i understand terraria RP would hardly be able to enjoy such detailed posts :)]

It's good, but... Demons on this server have been waaaay overdone.
{Accepted-Please join the group "Caphori"}
The signature is like a post's Butt.

RoverLuck

Name: Kier Luck

Roleplay Name: Max(well) a.k.a "Rover"

Players you already know on the on the server: none

Previous roleplay experience: RPed on several other rpgs like Guild Wars, WOW, Runescape.

What servers have you played on, and how long:none

Why would you like to join our server: I want to experience my first terraria roleplay and see how other people's minds can come up with RP situations

Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?:yes

Do you agree to follow the rules?: yes

Will you agree to a One week probation Period?:yes

What would be your first course of action?(RP it.): I attempt to look around and gather some sense of direction, and then attempt to see if there is any nearby signs of civilisation.

Would you travel with this man?(RP it.) I accept the old man's offer of a lift under the condition that he allows me to arm myself with any equipment he has to protect him and the wagon from any threats

The man gives them his coins, the bandits now look at you. What do you do?(RP it.): I attempt to reason with the bandits, though, if this fails, I attack the bandits while telling the old man to attempt to escape while I distract them.

What action(s) would you take?(RP it.) I look for any work available in exchange for food or money, I will then progress to see if I can gather any help for the old man who is in distress from the bandit attack.

{Denied-Rp section too short. Revise and try again, you can do better.}