[[NEW]] Caphori Password Application Thread

Started by Velspera, 21-06-2012

Velspera

App's are open.

Due to ip's not being a viable way for whitelisting, we will now instead be doing apps in which you will be given the password to access the server instead. Only moderators are allowed to tell those who are accepted the password. If you tell another user the password you will be removed yourself and the password will be changed. There are no exceptions. All users have to do an application and get accepted.

If you are looking for the old application thread, you can find it in the Scrapyard.

Please fill out the application bellow and if you are successful you will be added to the roster above. Ops\Admins are immune to this application.

Refer to http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/terraria-caphori-roleplay-server/caphori-administrator-and-moderator-roster/ for a current list of moderators. Only Basic Operators + are allowed to distribute passwords.

Current Noteable rules:

You must start a new character when joining the server. This is because of the inability to stop people joining with items from other servers.

Please try to create a unique name, not something like "Flameninja654"

You are not allowed to bring in items from other servers. There are no excuses and we expect the character to only be used on our server and no where else.

Stealing, griefing, and using explosives will get you a instant ban, don't even try.

Failure to meet these rules will either net you a strike, three of which will get you banned, or net you an instant ban depending on the severity.

UPDATE: If you would like an additional roleplaying character. Message a Super Operator and send them a PM with your seperate application. This is only if you have already applied and have been granted access.

Format:
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Roleplay Name:[/b]

[b]Players you already know on the on the server:[/b]

[b]Previous roleplay experience:[/b]

[b]What servers have you played on, and how long:[/b]

[b]Why would you like to join our server:[/b]

[b]Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?:[/b]

[b]Do you agree to follow the rules?:[/b]

[b]Will you agree to a One week probation Period?:[/b]

[b]ROLEPLAYING QUESTIONNAIRE[/b]

[b]You wake up in the middle of a strange forest.
You have no tools or weapons; all you have are the clothes on your back.
What would be your first course of action?(RP it.):[/b]

[b]Things have looked up for you after a few days of survival.
A old man in a wagon offers to give you a lift towards Civilization.
He does look troubled, as it seems that bandits have been around this area.
Would you travel with this man?(RP it.)[/b]

[b]After a few hours of traveling,
bandits appear and demand you and the man give them 10 coins each as a tax to pass.
The man gives them his coins, the bandits now look at you. What do you do?(RP it.):[/b]

[b] You have finally made it to Civilization!
However, you have no money in your possession; and to make matters worse, you're very hungry.
So you make your way to the marketplace.
What action(s) would you take?(RP it.)[/b]

Take These Applications Seriously - We will not accept applications which are Shit\Short\Empty
Keep an eye on your application.  Once it is processed, a note explaining whether you were approved or denied will be added to the end of your post.

If you are approved, PM an active mod to be given the password. 

If you are denied pending changes that need to be made to your application, these changes must be made and you must PM the mod that originally processed your application to have it re-evaluated.  If the changes are sufficient, the mod should PM you the password to the server.  If they are not, you will be denied again for good.

If you purposefully post your application in a new thread outside of this application thread, you will not be approved at all. Also, do not butcher the application by adding unnecessary colors/glow/fonts.

FOLLOW THE FORMAT.

Please don't complain or post about your application not being accepted.

We will tell you what needs to be fixed. If we do not reply, it means that it's highly obvious what needs to be fixed, Or we are busy with other things. Contrary to popular belief, Moderators have Lives.
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

HitMan5523

Roleplay Name: Alex Micler

Players you already know on the on the server:Tom.

Previous roleplay experience:In HGN, I've played the SRP and FORP servers for a year now. I co-lead NCR and I would call myself a decent RPer. Overall, I've been RPing in Gmod for 5-6 years.

What servers you play on:SRP,FORP, and other various servers in Gmod.

Why would you like to join our server:Decided I should try it out since there was a new lore and map made for the server.

Have you read the rules thread?:Yes, I have.

Do you agree to follow the rules?:Yes, I do.

A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):

The old man approaches Alex Micler
Alex Micler curiously watches the old man approach him
The old man gets a couple feet from Alex and says "You...young man, want a scroll? It's enchanted too."
Alex Micler steps back a couple steps before responding with "I erm... don't exactly like magic things, I mean enchanted scrolls. Whatever, you know what I mean."
The old man smiles as he watches Alex back up and says "It's not evil or anything, young man."
Alex Micler responds in a stern voice saying  "I don't care, I refuse to use anything magic related."
The old man's smile lowers and his expression turns hostile and yells "Buy it from me!"
Alex Micler takes a few steps, surprised from the sudden raise in his voice and says in a normal tone "I said no."
The old man starts taking a few steps away from Alex Micler, keeping his gaze on him and says "This isn't the last time you will see me, young man."
Alex Micler scratches the back of his head, watching the old man walk away and says "Alright then...I'll be waiting I guess."
The old man disappears into the night of the streets.

(Approved. Welcome. -Kami.)
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Paladin_Shark

Name- Robert Blackwood (Paladin Robert)

I no none on the server, but i look forward to meeting people.

I have done many gmod, minecraft rpgs. I am an avid rpg fan and have played several mmos.

I have just joined this forum, and play on Sythecraft.mcs in minecraft, but i have noo set servers for other games.

I am a MASSIVE terraria fan, and a huge world where i can explore ruins, more dungeons, meet new people and have our own lore is to dang exciting, and i am extremely interested.

I have.

I do.

The first thing Paladin Robert sees as he enters the buzzling town is a strange limping old man. "Are you alright stranger?" he calls.
"Ohh yes im fine, just old. i see you are a paladin. I take it you have had experinces with magic before?"
"Yes, but why?"
"you see, i have a certain scroll, it has powerfull magic cababilitys, and i want to know if you wish to buy it."
"im sorry, but maybye later, sir. Magic is an unkind thing, and i may come back for it if need be. But for now, good day kind sir."

[Approved - VelsperaNote: Next time you fill out an application on the forum, please remember to copy/past the application itself into your post so we don't have to go back to figure out which of your answers go to which questions.  Some of the other mods may not even process it unless it's exactly like that. ]
For the Emporer, let them feel the fist and steel of man.

Xavier

{Banned for being a Dick, getting unbanned, then griefing. -James}
My wits are my weapon, my conviction my armor, my eyes reveal truth, my footsteps the bells of your funeral.

Paladin_Shark

When will we get accepted/declined? As this server looks amazing.
For the Emporer, let them feel the fist and steel of man.

voxpopulis

Roleplay Name: Addonexus

Players you already know on the on the server: No.

Previous roleplay experience: Wow, lol, tibia, dota, lineage and gmod.

What servers you play on: Everyone

Do you play on Aceon (Our Minecraft Server)? If so state your name: No, i'm not premium.

Why would you like to join our server: I like RPing, and I'd really like to recreate some slavery stories.

Have you read the rules thread?: Yes, very interesting.

Do you agree to follow the rules?: Everyone.

A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll. What is your reaction? (RP It.): (If I have no chains) "What's ur offa?" *Listens* "Talk to my master, slaves don't have money." (If I have chains) *Grunts*

[ Approved - Velspera

Note: No slave characters, please.]

Aww. I wanted a underling for Captain Morgan. -James}

voxpopulis

i'm supossed to be a slave, also

bosto

Roleplay Name:  Aidan
Players you already know on the on the server: None :/
Previous roleplay experience: SAMP, Lineage 2, Aion, Dragonnest, Mabinogi and Etc
What servers you play on: Mainly on small ones like... (I dont think u want me to post the server name)
Why would you like to join our server: Because Long time i didnt played rpg, and i would like to try terraria rpg
Have you read the rules thread?: Yes.
Do you agree to follow the rules?: Of course.
A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):

Aidan, slowly walks towards his tower.... A old man comes near him and says :
-Maiby you, sir, would like to buy an old enchanted scroll?
Aidan replies him :

-Thank you, but no... you see... i dont have money... (Shows 10 copper coins)
The old man says :
- Then good bye, sir... - he takes an mirror from his pocket, and gazes into it... His voice echoes in the streets.
-Good bye... bye... bye.... bye......

Aidan searches his pockets and silently says :
-Fooh, he finnaly got away - takes out 50 gold coins and goes to tailor.

P.S. I will be like mage-alchemic-enchanter :D
[Approved - Velspera]
............/\        | |       | \         /\            /\      /
........../ - \       | |       |  |      / - \         /   \   /
......../       \     | |       | /      /      \      /      \/

Antibiojoe

Roleplay Name: Scarlett Frost

Players you already know on the on the server: None

Previous roleplay experience: 4 years of roleplaying on forums and 2 years on live chat rooms

What servers you play on: in general or HGN servers? in general I haven't been able to find a decent one and on HGN i just started.

Why would you like to join our server: Looking for a good roleplaying experience (and i love terraria)

Have you read the rules thread?: Yes Sir/Mam

Do you agree to follow the rules?: Yes Sir/Mam of course Sir/Mam

A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.): Scarlett strolls down the street towards town square, suddenly an old man creeps out of an alleyway
'Would you like to buy my scroll poppet?' he asks, Scarlett ignores him and keeps walking, he persists, 'he really wants me to buy his scroll' she thinks to herself. She walks down a dark alley, whips out her dagger and stabs him in the chest, 'I'll be taking that' she thinks aloud,' picking up the scroll and searching his corpse for valuables.

Would I be allowed to bring some vanity items (ninja) and a dual hook? They're part of my character (I don't need the dual hook as much)

[ Approved - Velspera]
~Anti
[size=78%]http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/Durio_G/JoeSiggy-1.png[/size]
Nothing is True, everything is permitted. Rest In Peace
If anyone knows how to get the image displayed straight up please tell me

Corn46

Roleplay Name:
Yamato uchiha
Players you already know on the on the server:
none
Previous roleplay experience:
none im afraid
What servers you play on:
i used to play on a 24/7 server called adrenic but it isnt up anymore
Why would you like to join our server:
because i would love to go on a rpg server
Have you read the rules thread?:
yes
Do you agree to follow the rules?:
yes
A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RPG)

One day Yamato got aproached on a street by a strange old man.
the man offers to sell an enchanted scroll to joshua.
Yamato smiles grimly and replies
"i would buy it if i were a warlock, but I denied that life so that i could join the life i have now, whih is a ninja"
the man keeps on persisting, so Yamato eventually takes the scroll and burns it up with some of the basic magic he learnt from his brother.
"now you can leave me alone" Yamato sais calmy, and walks into the shadows.

[Approved - Velspera]

ceel0w

Roleplay Name: Xanthios
Players you already know on the on the server: None.
Previous roleplay experience: Many other games, MC, WoW, LoTR, and SA-MP
What servers you play on: Freebuilds and my own.
Why would you like to join our server: I enjoy role playing, and I think that RP on Terraria would be a fun experience.
Have you read the rules thread?:Yes
Do you agree to follow the rules?: Yes.
A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):Taking a turn around out of the alley, an old man suprisess Xanthios, attempting to sell him an enchanted scroll.Startled, Xanthios grabs the handle of his dagger, being cautious. Seconds after, Xanthios looks up and down at the old man, pocketing his dagger. He quietly shakes his head in refusal, then tipping his hat, making his way around the old man andquietly walking off.

(Approved. -Kami)
[/font]

Gmiller

So am I going to hear back about my defense, since the admins seem to think I'm a rotten flamer for sharing my opinions as politely as possible?

fillysteps

Roleplay Name:Princess Cat

Players you already know on the on the server:None

Previous roleplay experience:on minecraft and larp

What servers you play on:none except this one

Why would you like to join our server:Because i like roleplaying and terraria

Have you read the rules thread?:yes

Do you agree to follow the rules?:yes but some are iffy

A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):Sorry But No
i All ready have plenty of scrolls, good day.

(Denied.)

fillysteps

Quote from: fillysteps on 29-06-2012

A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):Sorry But No

(Denied.)

{Denied for name, too short RP session, and not respecting mods.}

Not coming back? that's fine with me.

Redbark

(Denied.)
This server was the only not vary complicated RP sever out there and you and all the rest of them are just stuck up asses
you will not except anything that is not perfect under your standards.
i am vary sad that you won't let me on :'( but i am angry at all the rp servers being white listed.
and all that aren't have a stupid app system that gets on my nerves.
because you only except the best.
and i know you have your resons for having whitelist and apps because you don't want just ANYONE on.
but come on!
making people go thru all this shit just to get on a good rp server.
and unless you agree, don't even bother sending a reply or banning me for life because im just not comming back if you don't

Post 5 minute app, done, wait, accepted.

That's not that hard.

{Please remind me to add a rule stating that any Drama that isn't IC to the server a bannable offense}

Crow793

This server was the only not vary complicated RP sever out there and you and all the rest of them are just stuck up asses
you will not except anything that is not perfect under your standards.
i am vary sad that you won't let me on :'( but i am angry at all the rp servers being white listed.
and all that aren't have a stupid app system that gets on my nerves.
because you only except the best.
and i know you have your resons for having whitelist and apps because you don't want just ANYONE on.
but come on!
making people go thru all this shit just to get on a good rp server.
and unless you agree, don't even bother sending a reply or banning me for life because im just not comming back if you don't

Well first off, you named your character 'Princess Cat'...which in itself is ridiculous. Then you posted an RP response that was literally twelve words. And saying "Some rules are iffy" implies "I'll break some rules". It's a Yes or No question, not up for debate.

Eddy

Age: 15Players you already know on the on the server: None the server is new to mePrevious roleplay experience: None eitherWhat servers you play on: I played on a lot a few months ago but i dont remember them since i quited terraria for a while...Why would you like to join our server: cuz i like your system how you get rid of greifers and mainly cuz I want to play terraria againHave you read the rules thread?:Of course I didDo you agree to follow the rules?:yes?A creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.  What is your reaction?(RP It.):
Old man: Hello young man would you like an mythical enchanted scroll it could be you death or you could be the
most know hero of Caphori!
Me:Hmmmm... How much coins would it cost?
Old man:It is only As much as you have
me: well I dont have anything
Old man:As i said "as much as you have" *Gives the scroll to me*
Me: Thank you! Have a nice day
old man: *LAUGHS CREEPY*
me: *looks weird and walks away*

Hope i did it good ^^
Dont'read this!

Why are you reading this!?

Eddy

Sorry my post somehow sueezed :/
Hope that aren't - points because i really want to play on this server and meet new people to talk to them and stuff so i really hope you accept me  :-[
And the question if i already have experience with roleplay... yes i do i tought its only Terraria related..
I am a "pokemonfreak",i played Runescape, Minecraft, World of Warcraft hope that helped :s

Ops and i see my In game Name is missing lol... Its Eddy either xD

(Accepted.)
Dont'read this!

Eddy

do you mean on this forum or on steam if on steam then ...could you add me? Because i didn't buy Terraria and so i can't add friends on steam :/ " Its_Eddy"
Dont'read this!

Gmiller

I don't even get why a ROLEPLAY server even NEEDS a password. I mean, is it set so that you can build? Because then I can see it as anti griefing, but I think the best way to do a roleplay is to have prebuilt protected buildings so that they can't be griefed. Making people sending in applications just to play a game is just a bad idea. It's terraria, not nuclear secrets.

I'm just wondering. I think it's a little extreme.

Noidness

Quote from: Gmiller on 30-06-2012
I don't even get why a ROLEPLAY server even NEEDS a password. I mean, is it set so that you can build? Because then I can see it as anti griefing, but I think the best way to do a roleplay is to have prebuilt protected buildings so that they can't be griefed. Making people sending in applications just to play a game is just a bad idea. It's terraria, not nuclear secrets.

I'm just wondering. I think it's a little extreme.
We've been doing this for a couple years now, and it hasn't failed us yet.

Gmiller

But how does the server work? It is a BRF, a RPG, or just an Exploration game?

Crow793

Never heard of BRF...It's an RPG in the sense that you give your own characters limits and stories while advancing through events.

Basically, everybody is allowed to build their own houses. But we focus more on the roleplay aspect. The application is so we don't have people joining the server who A. are terrible roleplayers, B. who are trolls and greifers, and C. who don't know what RP even is, and join naive. (We get at least 50 people a day attempting to join who have weird names like Superman59 or nyancatawesomeness, which means they probably just see the server listed somewhere else, and don't know it's password protected.)

Trust me, if the server wasn't passworded, it would be MUCH worse.

Duckuscus

Roleplay Name: Kenotoyo Bashika
Players you already know on the on the server: None

Previous roleplay experience: None

What servers you play on: was a moderator on Eriks server, and run my own free build server

Do you play on Aceon (Our Minecraft Server)? If so state your name: No, i literally just got minecraft xD

Why would you like to join our server: The server i was on has ended now due to greifers, and this server sounds pretty secure. Also i havnt tried an RP server yet.

(Approved on a trial basis. Please contact '|HGN| Kamimaia' by Steam before requesting password.)

Reginald

Roleplay Name: Reginald

Age:17(IRL)Players you already know on the on the server:Previous roleplay experience:Played on some Moderately heavy RP servers (Not in terreria) in games like GTA IV , Minecraft, WOW, etcWhat servers you play on: None currently, Just a fresher
Why would you like to join our server:I saw the server on the top of terreria-server-list.com so I thought I'll meet some Good RP'ers over here tHave you read the rules thread?:Yep, 26 rules and Land rulesDo you agree to follow the rules?: With full certainityA creepy old man approaches you on the street and tries to sell you an enchanted scroll.What is your reaction?(RP It.):
*Reginald watches an old man approaching towards him
Old Man : Hey there young lad.
*Reginald looks towards the horny brimmed spectactes worn by the old man

Reginald : Yes sir? Can I help you?
*Old man took his hinds hands inside his bag
Old man : Here, have a look at this.
*Reginald Keenly observes the item
Reginald : Oh! it is an enchanted scroll.
Old Man : Only 60 silver coins for it. You want to buy?
Reginald : No thanks, Do sell other items also?
*Old Man tinkers and opens his bag.
......And the scene goes on.....
(P.S. Sorry if I'm running short on words)

(Approved)[/size][/font]