"Region" maps

Started by CAMaera, 29-07-2011

CAMaera

basically I'm thinking that we could have regions in Caphori. We could either have multiple different regions named after tows, or just have one other one named "The Wilderness" that resets, say, every week or so.

Steven :D

Quote from: max0596 on 29-07-2011
basically I'm thinking that we could have regions in Caphori. We could either have multiple different regions named after tows, or just have one other one named "The Wilderness" that resets, say, every week or so.
If its possible, (which eventually it will be) I suppose I could go make a prebuilt map that is much larger than the default Large size.

Kamimaia

I think it is a better idea than merchants, resetting the map we have, or most other options. I think people would hate to see their homes destroyed in the name of a fresh map (Me included)

Velspera

I think it'd be just as plausible to have only two maps.  One would be the default Caphori map which will house the Faction HQs and will stay the same since it seems a lot of people are building things that I'm sure they wouldn't want to build all over again.  It would be nice, familiar territory for roleplayers.

The second would just be called 'The Wilderness' and would be reset ever week or couple weeks.  Players could explore this map as 'the unknown' and it would give people a chance to go about without worry about crossing into faction territories and enter unexplored dungeons.
:D OMG HI.

Caphori Characters: Vaillaro and Ilanna

Lord_Blair

Quote from: Velspera on 29-07-2011
I think it'd be just as plausible to have only two maps.  One would be the default Caphori map which will house the Faction HQs and will stay the same since it seems a lot of people are building things that I'm sure they wouldn't want to build all over again.  It would be nice, familiar territory for roleplayers.

The second would just be called 'The Wilderness' and would be reset ever week or couple weeks.  Players could explore this map as 'the unknown' and it would give people a chance to go about without worry about crossing into faction territories and enter unexplored dungeons.
+ Support

Kamimaia

Quote from: Lord_Blair on 29-07-2011

+ Support

What he said

Kayl3

Sounds amazing, Down :D

Syndraell

Perfect battleground for a war as well.

I'm just waiting to mess up your day. Honest.

Felonious

Quote from: Kamimaia on 29-07-2011

+ Support

What he said

What they said.
We are not extinct. We simply have the element of surprise.

Hyperionwolf

Quote from: Felonious on 30-07-2011
Quote from: Kamimaia on 29-07-2011

+ Support

What he said

What they said.

What they all said.

CAMaera

stop with all the what they said stuff, if you agree, vote yes. If not, vote for no. Im also all for "The Wilderness"

UknowMe

Well, yeah. Since on the main map, pretty much everything is destroyed, dug up, all the chests have been looted, the dungeon is also empty. So, this would be really useful.

Felonious

Not ALL the chests have been dug up. I've fished out a pair of hermes boots and two enchanted boomerangs.

Fyropyro

This seems like a good idea to me, since within my first hour of playing in Caphori some1 told me stuff was mined out. Plus it would be a good assurance  that peoples hard-build homes wont be decimated. But how big would " The Wilderness" map be? Also, seeing as people might want to spawn somewhere other than the vanilla spawnpoint, would it be ok for people to make temp. outposts in "The Wilderness"? Since they would be destroyed when the server reset in the first place, I don't see a problem with this, maybe warn people that the buildings they make will indeed be destroyed eventually.
Caphori name: Shisho ( Im back! )

UknowMe

Yeah, some mining outposts and lumber camps would be useful. Perhaps a small guard post as the spawn post.

CAMaera

the reason it lookis "mined out" is because you probably just went down from the spawn. The fact is, if you go east(right) for a while, there is tons of ore. I mean TONS. Its not mined out at all, a nd ive gotten lots of stuff and hand it out to people who dont have it yet, so there is lots, trust me. You cant just expect there to be ore in every little cervice.

EDIT-Unless you are me, im way too lucky at fiding ore and cavehopping, its a curse.

Velspera

I think my main thoughts for the wilderness was basically wherever the main spawn point is would be where a basic multi-room building would be erected.  There, one would houses the NPCs and so forth.  People could build outposts as they see fit, but I wouldn't suggest anything complex since it would just be destroyed once the map is reset. 

It would basically be like the main kingdom of Caphori's outpost on the edge of the unknown, where adventurers would start off on their way to do quests.  It would make sense that all retrieval quests would take place in the Wilderness since the map wouldn't be as empty as the main Caphori map is.

And yes, I understand the entire map is not mined out at all, but if the server continues to grow and be as busy as it is eventually it WILL be far more difficult to find chests and ore, even further away from spawn.

Plus, as people stated before, the benefits of an untouched dungeon and being able to turn the main map into an actual, bustling kingdom with tons of fun builds for people to RP in.

Felonious

I especially like the idea of letting it open up the main map to become more of a City/kingdomish thing. Right now it is doubling as the Wilds and the city (well there's really only one town, a ship, some awesome landmarks, a couple of towers...). My point being, we would still have a place to adventure into, dig into, and whatnot- and then we'd have a place that felt more like home, securer and more civilized. I'm not seeing any cons (outside of a possibility for communication errors from time to time, though I don't expect anything big) and plenty of pros (at least enough to outway any possible cons.)

Fyropyro

Hey I have an idea, maybe the new wilderness map could have a small spawn rate boost? So there seems to be more monsters popping up than in comparison to the main Caphori map. Im not talking anything big, but maybe make the spawnrate go up by like maybe 10%?
Caphori name: Shisho ( Im back! )

Blacklegend

Ya Wilderness would be good since well the only places that have basically any resources and chests are to the right which to get there you have to go through a  jungle.... which for new players that can be hard also the jungle and right side are being slowly mined out and sooner or later it will be like a server I played on where copper ores will be getting traded for 10 or 50 silver each.

Velspera

Quote from: Fyropyro on 03-08-2011
Hey I have an idea, maybe the new wilderness map could have a small spawn rate boost? So there seems to be more monsters popping up than in comparison to the main Caphori map. Im not talking anything big, but maybe make the spawnrate go up by like maybe 10%?

!! That's an awesome idea!  Would definitely give us more of a challenge. X3

Felonious

Quote from: Velspera on 04-08-2011
Quote from: Fyropyro on 03-08-2011

!! That's an awesome idea!  Would definitely give us more of a challenge. X3

Agreed. It would also give a more untamed feel to the land, with more critters eating everyone and what-not.