"Devlin"

Started by CAMaera, 12-11-2012

CAMaera

So, doing my rounds after I got up, and I saw THIS.

Needless to say, all of his impossible-to-get Forges and Anvils have been destroyed by me, and...yeah.

Without even KNOWING or SEEING this Devlin, he's already got three strikes.
1. Floating House
2. Oversized House
3. Bringing in Items.

So I'm putting this up here, and I'm placing bets on how long he'll stay unbanned.

I guess that's what I get for experimenting with leaving Anti-Build off overnight.

ThY

I think all of this is enough for one strike, rather than pulling out 3 specific issues from the same incident.

INA7HAN

Quote from: devdev324 on 02-11-2012
Name: Devlin

Roleplay Name:Vaan

Players you already know on the on the server:None

Previous role-play experience:W.o.W , Runescape , Dragon-fable , Adventure Quest , R.o.t.M.G

What servers have you played on, and how long: none

Why would you like to play on our server:This server sounds like fun, and i have never played a R.P terraria server

Have you read the "Rules and Regulations" thread?:Yes

Do you agree to follow the rules?:Yes

Do you agree to a one week Probation period?: Yes

ROLE-PLAYING QUESTIONNAIRE:

You wake up in the middle of a strange forest.You have no tools or weapons; all you have are the clothes on your back.What would be your first course of action?(RP it.):

Uhhhhh my head, where am I? I thought to myself. I shout "Hello? Anybody here?", no response. I begin to walk around looking for something to defend myself with. After a few minutes I find what looks to be ancient ruins of some sort. I slowly walk into the ruins and I see a chest; I rush to open it. Inside are an Iron Broadsword, some torches, a few bottles, and a couple health potions.
As I begin to walk down to the cave beneath the ruins an odd looking man approaches me and says, "What do you think you are doing with my equipment?"
I now have two choices, kill the odd man or run. As I start running lower and lower into the cave beneath the ruins, the old man says, "Hey! Get back here!"
He starts to chase me and out of nowhere a rock falls on the odd man's head, crushing him. Now the rock is rolling towards me. I continue to run but, I am running out of breath. I have to find somewhere to hide and soon. After running for a minute I fall into some water. I begin to swim up. I look around for the rock but, it is nowhere in sight, so I look down. I see the rock has fallen deep into the water. I get up onto land, rest to catch my breath then I leave the cave to start searching for a city or town.

Things have looked up for you after a few days of survival.
A old man in a wagon offers to give you a lift towards Civilization.
He does look troubled, as it seems that bandits have been around this area.
Would you travel with this man?(RP it.)

As an old man with a cart and supplies rides up to me i prepare my weapon for battle.
I shout,"Stop or I'll kill you!"
"I mean no harm to you, it's dangerous with bandits around these parts. You see I'm heading into town so If you protect me I'll properly gear you up." The old man responded.
"Ok. I accept your offer, Where are we headed?" I asked.
The old man says, "A town by the name of Lokinstead."

After a few hours of traveling,
bandits appear and demand you and the old man give them 10 gold coins each as a tax to pass.
What do you do?(RP it.):

As the old man and I head to the town gates three bandits come out of the bushes.
The biggest one steps forward and says, "Give us ten gold coins or I'll pound ya' face in!"
I calmly say, "We don't have any money; please We just want to get to town."
The biggest bandit says, "You're gonna' regret not payin' me; get em' boys!"
I thrust my sword at the biggest bandit while leaping out of the cart and then start thrashing and slicing at the other two. After killing the biggest bandit and one of the smaller ones the last bandit flees. I drink one of the health potions then begin to loot the two corpses of the bandits for gear and money. In the biggest bandits' pockets I find a couple gold and in one of the smaller ones hand i take their battle axe on the others body i take some copper armor. I stuff the Iron Broadsword into my bag and hop back on the old mans cart.

You have finally made it to Civilization!
However, you have only 50 silver coins after paying the old man for the gear and ride; and to make matters worse, you're very hungry.
So you make your way to the marketplace.
What action(s) would you take?

As I head to the market I'm greeted by a young fellow (who looks to be some sort of wizard). He says to me, "Vaan old friend, how are you these days."
I respond with haste, "How do you know me? Who are you?"
The young fellow says, "You do not know me? Well allow me to refresh your memory.  I'm Bali, the apprentice of the famous wizard Croatia. Do you remember me now?"
I reply, "I am sorry I do not remember you... should I?"
Bali says, "What happened to you?"
I begin to tell him how I awoke in a forest with no memory of how I got there or who I was. "I think Doulmagos has something to do with this. Follow me" said Bali.
After saying how i was hungry he buys me a bread and a bowl of soup then I followed Bali through the city to this tower. Bali says to me, "In here, come on." He mumbled some words and then the tower was lit up as if by magic. We begin to walk up the spiral staircase when a deep voice says, "Who goes there?"
Bali replies, "Croatia my master, it is me Bali. I have brought Vaan before you. He seems to have amnesia."
We stepped into a room filled with books two stories high, an alchemist table, a crafting table, a magical circle with symbols all around it and a crystal ball in front of Bali's master. "Welcome Vaan please have a seat. So what brings you here?" said Croatia.
I said to him, "I do not know Bali just brought me here."
Bali said, "Vaan, tell Croatia what you told me." I did as he asked of me to do and told Croatia how I awoke in a forest with no memory of how I got there or who I was.

--TO BE CONTINUED
{Accepted-Please join the group "Caphori"} Still a bit out there, but it's decent enough.

when am i allowed access to the password and when can i join the group caphori?
I believe this to be the right person. Application was accepted on the 8th of November it's now the 12th, he's accepted the one week probation period and apparently read the rules yet he's broken one of the main rules of bringing in items from another world/server or through cheats.
The point I'm trying to make is he says he's read the rules and agrees to them yet he has broken them in four days?
In my opinion should be tempory ban?
Don't judge me if I'm wrong though.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Steven :D

I'd rather give him a strike.

CAMaera

Quote from: ThY on 12-11-2012
I think all of this is enough for one strike, rather than pulling out 3 specific issues from the same incident.

You're probably right about that. But usually people forget rules after they've applied, and actually played for a while. And actually read them. Like they're supposed to.

I feel that this should be a temporary ban for at the least a couple days, and the most a week. I do agree that it isn't three strikes, and it was incredibly silly for me to say so. We also believe that he ran around and destroyed others' statues, taking them and setting them on the top of his "SeMi-CASTLE" or so he calls it. Two known statues were taken, a Skeleton statue and a Chest statue, both found on this home. Also, the same night he built this, last night, people are reporting that some of their possessions were stolen. That's why I'm calling two strikes and not three now. One for stealing actual items, not coins, and one for bringing in items.

I think two strikes or a temp ban of a few days. Made this thread when I had just woken up, and I am not a morning person.