Mac Donalds - Why no mold?

Started by Silver Knight, 21-12-2012

Silver Knight

So i did some research, for no real reason other than Vortigoat telling me he works at mac donalds and didn't know too much about the products he's selling.

Now what i found is that how burgers don't mold and stay fresh is due to several reasons. Firstly the chemicals used in the burgers, they are not natural and only just pass FDA regulations. Then you have the mass amount of preservatives plied into in all the components. Then you have the cooking process.

Mold and decay happens on the basis of water, bacteria need water to thrive and frying the fries and burger at a certain heat removes the water moisture from the burger, what you think is moisture is just fat and grease, something bacteria does not like without water contact. Frying it essentially makes the product sterile because of the heat and due to the products being rather thin it allows the surface to be cooked both quicker and have a wider area of effect.

The end result is the products got no real moisture inside it, it's sterile and    air contact further dries up the burger. If you put the product in a air-tight container it won't dry up, so as with tests from supersize me and further tests you can find on the internet and the sources i have provided it will mold.

Conclusion: Eat a burger, but cook it yourself.

Sources:
http://nomsandsciunce.wordpress.com/2010/10/11/why-wont-those-mcdonalds-burgers-go-bad/

http://www.mcspotlight.org/case/pretrial/factsheet.html

http://listverse.com/2009/05/30/top-10-failed-mcdonalds-products/

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

nKe

I actually just went to city and bought a burger and some fries from mcdonalds. Time to test this shit out.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Nik3 on 21-12-2012
I actually just went to city and bought a burger and some fries from mcdonalds. Time to test this shit out.

Are you going to go hungry then? :S

nKe

Quote from: SilverKnight on 21-12-2012
Quote from: Nik3 on 21-12-2012

Are you going to go hungry then? :S

I use photosynthesis.
And oh god those burgers in one of the test vids look damn nasty. It's like a tiny rainforest inside the burger.

lolKieck

Holy fuck guys, get on my level, I eat so much KFC that I'm going to throw up, and then I stuff myself with McDonalds because their burgers have anti-vomiting drugs (as in, medicine) in it.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

KingArthur

Knife_cz

Big news that Mac Donalds is unhealthy

Paintcheck

Fast food is bad for you! Holy shit! Next you're going to be telling me the world didn't end today!

Silver Knight

Quote from: knife_cz on 21-12-2012
Big news that Mac Donalds is unhealthy

My article is not news about it being unhealthy. It's about the longevity of the burgers and the process in which it's made and how long it can survive without mold.