Big Mac or smaller Mac?

Started by Silver Knight, 18-06-2010

Silver Knight

A McDonalds customer has embarked on a mission to find out if the Big Mac is actually as big as it was 20 years ago. He uses 1986 video footage of a Big Mac to compare the size of the burger to today's portion.

He concludes it has become smaller but McDonalds has denied the serving is shrinking. You decide and have your say below.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/cooking/1071863/big-mac-or-smaller-mac

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

deluxulous

It's obviously smaller. Those corporate bullshitters will do anything to make themselves look good in front of the public.

Tsukaro

Oh yeah, definitely gotten smaller, I'd say.

Chaos

I bet it has the same calories too.. I'm always think, "What the fuck am I eating?" when I eat McDonalds, cause the meat doesn't taste real. You would think that the bigger they got, the better the food would be, but they jsut want more and more money.. I've ate at a lot of small restaurant that had amazing food, even the ones that get a lot of service usually don't expand. The bigger the worse?

Recreas

Most likely smaller, but who cares? maybe 98% of the customers did not even notice.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

Silver Knight

Quote from: Recreas on 23-07-2010
Most likely smaller, but who cares? maybe 98% of the customers did not even notice.

If it's got smaller then the price should go down.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Recreas

True that, but they wouldn't lower it unless you buy the company.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

KillSlim

I have a College friend who is obsessed with the local fast food outlets. I used to go into Macdonalds for lunch with several other friends, and I have to say the food isn't filling at all. It may as well be filled with air. Needless to say I stopped going, and headed to a new reasonably-priced cafe.
Large Cheese Sandwich + Salad + 4 Slices of Garlic bread = 4 pounds. Not bad at all, a league ahead of Macdonalds.

"The technique has changed." Bollocks to that. There is no skill or technique applied to cooking a small chunk of meat. Has putting a burger on a grill changed rapidly and drastically compared to 30 years ago? No.

Of-course, if you look around these days everything (Food-wise) is getting smaller. The shrinking in size of hot drinks from cafes is a good example. Inflation, paying more of the currency, has nothing to do with it. Portions are getting smaller, prices are getting bigger.

It's smaller. No doubt about it.
"Yes, we will be changed and we will march with him, then all the world will have his colour and his light and his madness."

Ace: Howdy-do, Killslim.
Paintcheck: Uh...
Paintcheck: Wrong window

Wings

My Granddad worked at Macdonalds when they first opened, For a college job. I think it was 1960 something. He always told me that the burgers where bigger, and the fries were cut out of fresh potatoes. Yum.

Chaos

Quote from: Wings on 11-08-2010
My Granddad worked at Macdonalds when they first opened, For a college job. I think it was 1960 something. He always told me that the burgers where bigger, and the fries were cut out of fresh potatoes. Yum.
The world is just getting worse.

Bucky

I read an interesting book called eat this not that, filled with all this shit on wether you should eat this or that based on how good it is for you. For instance, one big mac is more healthy than a burger king whopper.