Yesterday's event session involving the radioactive town

Started by Spades_Neil, 18-06-2011

Spades_Neil

I want some criticism. I know those of you who were involved in this particular event had fun--and the reward was something a bit more original. Rather than just boring old guns or boring old bullets or boring old caps, you all got medical supplies, and a fair bit of actual roleplay.

So then, those of you who were involved, I'd like to know; do you have any suggestions for the future? Anything you would have done to improve the event I already did? I love constructive critique. I've already gotten a number of ideas from the last thread I had like this.

jaik

Less combat.
Although I am saying this because my PC has seizures so I can't catch up with anyone unless I set my hp to 999999999(To avoid dying constantly) and use observer as a way to move.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

mxh24

Well, first of all it Was fun and we had many people on so that made rping afterwords fun. But abfew things you could change, there is ALWAYS some sort of zombie shooting, that is not bad, it just gets a little boring. All and all it was a fun event and involved many people. It would have been more fun if it was longer but that is hard to do...

"When in doubt, mumble."

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Jake on 19-06-2011
Less combat.
Although I am saying this because my PC has seizures so I can't catch up with anyone unless I set my hp to 999999999(To avoid dying constantly) and use observer as a way to move.

Quote from: mxh24 on 19-06-2011
Well, first of all it Was fun and we had many people on so that made rping afterwords fun. But abfew things you could change, there is ALWAYS some sort of zombie shooting, that is not bad, it just gets a little boring. All and all it was a fun event and involved many people. It would have been more fun if it was longer but that is hard to do...

I agree with both these points. Combat of any kind is always gratuitous. It's fun in small doses, but over time, gets very boring I know. I'm going to make an effort to write up some kind of event without or with less combat.

Although GM_Atomic leaves my options for events more limited than RP_Apocalypse, I suppose I can always construct a small settlement in one of numerous flatlands.

mxh24

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 19-06-2011
Quote from: Jake on 19-06-2011
Less combat.

I agree with both these points. Combat of any kind is always gratuitous. It's fun in small doses, but over time, gets very boring I know. I'm going to make an effort to write up some kind of event without or with less combat.

Although GM_Atomic leaves my options for events more limited than RP_Apocalypse, I suppose I can always construct a small settlement in one of numerous flatlands.

No, not less combat, just more story behind it! People always like to use their guns to feel satisfied, so let them. Just make combat worth it, not one of those, "UP! Guys some random raiders are here, kill them" and have a defence. Make it more of a storyline.

"When in doubt, mumble."

Spades_Neil

People always like to use their guns to feel satisfied, so let them. Just make combat worth it, not one of those, "UP! Guys some random raiders are here, kill them" and have a defence. Make it more of a storyline.

This is true. Alright. Last night's scenario had more story to it than usual for instance.

mxh24

This is true. Alright. Last night's scenario had more story to it than usual for instance.

It did? Oh... I was only there for the part where we put the cars up and shot zombies...

"When in doubt, mumble."

Spades_Neil

Ok, did a new event today. Small, combat minimal, but more unique rewards than silly guns!

We scavenged wood from an abandoned house. Server is experiencing technical difficulty at this very moment, but when it's back online we'll have a new static prop shanty house in the 'abandoned' town. Speaking of that town, it needs a name!

jaik

Ok, did a new event today. Small, combat minimal, but more unique rewards than silly guns!

We scavenged wood from an abandoned house. Server is experiencing technical difficulty at this very moment, but when it's back online we'll have a new static prop shanty house in the 'abandoned' town. Speaking of that town, it needs a name!

It's called Pulvere from what I know.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway