Tweaking/fixing faction character alignment. Good Vs Evil, Order Vs Chaos.

Started by Spades_Neil, 10-08-2011

Khorn

Problem is, people in factions don't play with their factions. TThey don't have the same motives and dreams as the main point behind the faction.

We should create a basic point for players to create a character from instead of giving the whitelist to a faction and letting them play with the wrong mindset.

We all found it stupid that the first BoS faction was raiding players and playing real estate with themselves. It has nothing to do with what BoS normally do.
And I realize they needed money for funding, but renting out houses was just stupid. They shouldn't be governing the town at all.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Plunger on 12-08-2011
From everybodies PoV their usually Lawful Good, and this whole idea sounds pretty poor, promotes metagaming.

That's why dnd itself stopped using this system. It's too dependent on whose pov it is. That's why you need to either do one from the pov of every faction or pick 1 pov (that's why I chose wasters since they are the most common group)

Tom

If I where to do this I'd do it with specific character examples. . . I tried to do it in stalker. . . But I got lazy
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Plunger

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-08-2011
From everybodies PoV their usually Lawful Good, and this whole idea sounds pretty poor, promotes metagaming.

That's why dnd itself stopped using this system. It's too dependent on whose pov it is. That's why you need to either do one from the pov of every faction or pick 1 pov (that's why I chose wasters since they are the most common group)
Pretty much this, since right now the roster has a lot of metagame information, and information that doesn't make sense. Considering it's from multiple different POV's. I dislike the idea of setting the ideals of a faction in stone like this thread is trying to do. It's RP, people change, factions change, and when they do, we don't want them to be stuck in a rigid state casting them always as, "Lawful Good", since right now, lawful has no meaning, who's law, from who's point of view? RP is better when it happens as it goes, and my faction, and the Enclave aren't even known to the Wasters by name, so it's silly to have them on a roster.

deluxulous

Quote from: Plunger on 16-08-2011
Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-08-2011

Pretty much this, since right now the roster has a lot of metagame information, and information that doesn't make sense. Considering it's from multiple different POV's. I dislike the idea of setting the ideals of a faction in stone like this thread is trying to do. It's RP, people change, factions change, and when they do, we don't want them to be stuck in a rigid state casting them always as, "Lawful Good", since right now, lawful has no meaning, who's law, from who's point of view? RP is better when it happens as it goes, and my faction, and the Enclave aren't even known to the Wasters by name, so it's silly to have them on a roster.
http://youtu.be/wvJiYrRcfQo