turning the town hall into a hotel/motel.

Started by Zarth, 17-03-2012

Zarth

Bed matesses, do traders sell them at all? because I want to try and Rp something wth them, like turing the town hall into a common house/ hotel/motel. Because as of right now, there isn't an area for the wastelanders to sleep, So I want to try to make a business out of it, and maybe set up a couple black jack tables  so that the wasters could have a place to play a few games, rather then sitting at the bar and talking all day.

Wasters would pay around 30-50 caps (depending on how many beds I am able to get at the start) per day. people would pay up front. So if someone wanted to sleep there for two days, they would pay 100 caps.

black jack games would only be held around the morning and afternoon. and the winners of the game would be determined by their rolls. Who ever got the better roll would have the winning hand.

Please, I really want to do this. I put so much thought into this idea, I would be crushed if you guys said no (then stole the idea >:( )

Please consider it, it is the only building that is currently unused.

Also, sorry for any spelling errors. the key pictures of the leters on my key board are wearin out, which makes it like im typing blind at times.

kropfi

D33tly

Zarth

Quote from: kropfi on 17-03-2012
How about no?
Why? people have asked for things for wasters could do, this is something that people can do, and you're saying no? Why?

the building is just a waste of space right now, it's not being used for anything.

right now, wasters have nowhere to sleep. this was just something I could have done to give them a place to sleep.

Poler

I say just give it a chance for now and see what becomes of it, but make the prices a bit cheaper. I know for sure as a trader, people aren't going to pay that much for a place to sleep at ICly.

kropfi

It's the town hall. We use it for the political aspect of the NCR. So the answer to your question. No

Zarth

It's the town hall. We use it for the political aspect of the NCR. So the answer to your question. No
it can be still used for that, it can just be used as a motel for wasters to sleep at night. there is no reason why the place can have more then one function.

And ok, I can lower the price, it was just an example.

Tom

Quote from: Zarth on 17-03-2012there is no reason why the place can have more then one function.

Couldn't of put it better myself :>

On a serious note, I can see why they wouldn't want it to be a Hotel. It would be kinda goofy to have people sleeping in the place where the seat of the town government is, that arn't part of the town government.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

kropfi

Quote from: Zarth on 17-03-2012
it can be still used for that, it can just be used as a motel for wasters to sleep at night. there is no reason why the place can have more then one function.

How about no?

Zarth

Quote from: Zarth on 17-03-2012

How about no?
How about you stop dismissing  the idea because it inturdes on a building that already has a fuction. Right now, wasters have no where to sleep at all. there is nothing for them. What the hell are they suppsoed to do? They need a place to sleep Icly.

There is a small storage room at the beside the door where the beds can be placed during the day. They can be brought out around the evening for wasters to sleep. it would be too crowded for everyone to sleep there.

it's the wasteland. the world is far from perfect. the NCR can't have everything to them selves, they have to sacrifice something. The barracks can't be used for the citizens because that's where the soldiers sleep.

it would also make a lot of sence to have a motel on the road that  LEADS to new vegas.

Tom

Quote from: Zarth on 17-03-2012there is no reason why the place can have more then one function.

Just use a different building for it, or make a building for it, and have Spades or someone static said building.

There is an obvious reason they don't want the Town Hall to double as a Hotel.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Maxi96203

Well, if the NCR command knows anything about property laws, citizen's property such as a hotel would be taxed if on NCR territory. Like what happened with Primm if you chose the NCR instead of the Powder Gangers or the robot.

Or what Tom said.

Post edited. Don't attack other members or you'll receive a forum strike. Consider this your only warning. -Spades
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Zarth

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 17-03-2012
Well, if the NCR command knows anything about property laws, citizen's property such as a hotel would be taxed if on NCR territory. Like what happened with Primm if you chose the NCR instead of the Powder Gangers or the robot.

yea, I'm willing to pay taxes for the hotel. And making another build is a good idea too. Just need someone to make it.

Zarth

I could also have one built just out side of town, like on the other side of the street. So that way it's out of everyone ones way.

kropfi

The town hall isn't going to be turned into a hotel/motel. If you want to do that, rent a building from the NCR or build a hotel somewhere else in  the wastes. You won't be using the town hall. Sorry, the answer is no.

Spades_Neil

Might I suggest something completely different?

Why not build shacks around the town?