Tribal, Faction & Business Upgrades

Started by Silver Knight, 06-04-2011

Silver Knight

With new tribal places, businesses and factions popping up we want to actually make it so you have to pay for upgrades for your factions\businesses or tribal groups. You can either pay the full price for the entity or you can donate and get it instantly. These entities you get once, and can place where you want it be within your area.

Tribal, Faction & Business Upgrades
In alphabetical Order

Entity Name                         Price               Donation Price         
Auto-Doc MIB3000 Caps$5
Containers (8 )2500 Caps$5
Containers (20)5000 Caps$10
Containers (30)8000 Caps$15
Containers (60)10000 Caps$25
Console (Broken)4000 Caps$15
Generator10000 Caps$25
Music Radio4000 Caps$10
Music Jukebox4000 Caps$10
Music Jukebox4000 Caps$10
Workbench: Ammo10000 Caps$25
Workbench: Crafting10000 Caps$25
Vending Machine: Nuka Cola7000 Caps$15

If you are not a tribe, faction or business owner but would like these upgrades above then you must donate to achieve said perks for your house or if it's a container then, stash.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Wolfinton

Oh, intresting. Better save up 10000 for a 60 container as the Brotherhood isn't allowing me to use theirs....
Pink doesn't make me gay, it makes you homophobic.

RG4ORDR

INB4 we have a market place with laser rifles being 20 dollars
er

Spades_Neil

I've fallen in love with my caches. I may buy more in the future via a donation.

I just hope we get our T-flags as traders soon, or it's going to be rather problematic being an actual trader. Paychecks have been nerfed lately--and wasters only get 5 caps per paycheck already. Now they only get one every 30 minutes. :\

Traders need that cash function if nothing else if the economy is to stay alive. A live economy means I'll need lots of inventory tho'.

EDIT / P.S. : Yes, I know T-flags are screwed up right now and I know you're working on it. Didn't mean to give the false impression that I think you just took it away from us for the lulz. I'm not stupid. :P

Khorn

Can you stop asking about the trader flags? When they are done, we will give them out.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Khorn on 07-04-2011
Can you stop asking about the trader flags? When they are done, we will give them out.

Edited my post. I didn't mean it like that. I'm just anxious for them to come out. :P I'm sure everyone is.

But before we go off chattering about T-flags, let's return to the discussion at hand...

The medical station--I know the BoS owns one. It's not free to use it, however. I'd like to see it made free at least for the person who owns it. Though it would be very interesting if you could somehow make caps paid into machines like the medical supplies or the vending machine be translated into caps for the user who owns it.

If I could earn caps from a vending machine I keep in my shop, I would dish out money for it right away. xD

RanmaChan

Actually, Blake stole ours, and why are paychecks now every 30 minutes?  People could hardly afford to buy anything before, shit is going to be dead now.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Spades_Neil

Quote from: RanmaChan on 07-04-2011
Actually, Blake stole ours, and why are paychecks now every 30 minutes?  People could hardly afford to buy anything before, shit is going to be dead now.

Ask Tom. I think he's the one who changed it last night. I don't know if it's changed back since then. Mind you I made the same argument.

He did it because the factions are overpaid apparently.

gamerhead

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 07-04-2011

Ask Tom. I think he's the one who changed it last night. I don't know if it's changed back since then. Mind you I made the same argument.

He did it because the factions are overpaid apparently.

Yes, but now everyone is under-payed and the server has gone down in population we had 18 on before and now usually its only 10 or 11.

Khorn

We also have been going through some issues. Internal issues.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Khorn on 08-04-2011
We also have been going through some issues. Internal issues.

I see.

Ragolution

This... This feels like extortion.

Spades_Neil

I've got two questions because I want to make a couple donations in exchange for some stuff.

1. What goes the Generator do?
2. If one buys the ammo crafting work bench, do we get access to firestarters and other stuff needed to craft said ammunition? Including schematic?

I still have yet to fully understand the process of ammo crafting--so I'd like to understand that and whatever else comes with the donation should I go for it.

Ragolution

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 11-04-2011
I've got two questions because I want to make a couple donations in exchange for some stuff.

1. What goes the Generator do?
2. If one buys the ammo crafting work bench, do we get access to firestarters and other stuff needed to craft said ammunition? Including schematic?

I still have yet to fully understand the process of ammo crafting--so I'd like to understand that and whatever else comes with the donation should I go for it.

Generator charges depleted MF/Energy cells and manufactured new ones.

You only get the workbench as far as I know.

Tom

I was not the one that decided to lower it. . . It was found that certain people/factions where getting wealthy, fast,I could ask silver if I could raise the Paycheck for a Waster from 5 to 10. . . but that would probally be a no anyway. And I spawn radios to try and improve the RP environment, but now I won't spawn them at all.

But shit is not dead cause people can't get the awesome gear super fast now. . . Its dead cause I don't see why a player would remain on with nothing to do. Admins need to make events and stuff, and we need anouther SV to fly around spawning shit. . . especailly now that my computer is in the shop. . . which means there are NO stashes being spawned.

Actually, Blake stole ours, and why are paychecks now every 30 minutes?

This is what happens when we catch alot of people farming paychecks. . . the paychecks used to happen every 360 seconds, or every 6 minutes or so. Now you wait only 24 minutes longer to get paid, thats not a shit load, if anything I could have just left it at 1 hour, but silver told me after I told him the general feedback to lower it to every 30 minutes.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Ragolution on 11-04-2011
Generator charges depleted MF/Energy cells and manufactured new ones.

Thanks for the feedback Rag!

Quote from: Tom on 11-04-2011
I was not the one that decided to lower it. . . It was found that certain people/factions where getting wealthy, fast,I could ask silver if I could raise the Paycheck for a Waster from 5 to 10. . . but that would probally be a no anyway.

It's worth asking. Either way, someone's paycheck NEEDS to be changed if you want to stop this nonsense. My bet is you'll get less complaining if you hire waster paychecks than if you lower faction paychecks. I'm not in a faction anymore so I don't care what tactic you take. Both benefit all the players in the game.

Either way, close the gap between the wasters and the factions a little bit if the times between paychecks is going to be so long. Though yea, 6 minutes IS too fast. I thought it was like 10 minutes or something beforehand. Ten to twelve minutes would be my opinion on it. Twenty four is quite high, but not nearly as bad as 30 or up. I would like to see either waster paychecks doubled or faction paychecks halved. Right now, factions earn FOUR TIMES as much as wasters do--regardless of if the paychecks are five minutes or five hours. That causes problems.

Quote from: Tom on 11-04-2011
But shit is not dead cause people can't get the awesome gear super fast now. . . Its dead cause I don't see why a player would remain on with nothing to do. Admins need to make events and stuff, and we need anouther SV to fly around spawning shit. . . especailly now that my computer is in the shop. . . which means there are NO stashes being spawned.

Delete the random item vending machines. Just delete them. That's where all that money goes. Trust me, I know. I used to do it myself. I had 4k caps and nothing to do with it at one point. So what did I do? Blow 2.5k of it on vending machines. I had the money back in a week. In the process I got a ton of shiny toys. I probably lost more money than I gained net-worth, but I still had shiny toys.

So yea. Delete the random item vending machines and that could also solve the problem. Ideally, combine paychecks being 10-12 minutes, raising waster or lowering faction paychecks (I prefer raising waster because I spend the money on props--plus you'd get less bitching hiring a paycheck than if you lowered it for someone else), AND removing the vending machines.

I know the whole reason why they got put there in the first place was as a proof of concept about random item drops or something. Concept proven! :D But in all seriousness, raising the price on them won't help us either. Instead it'll just make it more unfair for the wasters. Just delete it entirely. I don't care if it's 1000 caps per insert. You'll only encourage us to waste our money. :P

I hope my critique helps give you some ideas. The Fallout server is still very much a work in progress.

Wolfinton

Don't lower faction pay checks, just don't. That will just cause problems with the factions and it wont help the Wasters gain more money. Where do you think faction money comes from? It normally all comes from their faction members donating to the heads of the faction. They are supposed to earn a lot more money than wasters do, Spades. They need the money in order to pay for their equipment.

Also, it's not hiring. You're not going to hire a pay check, you're going to raise/higher it. Spell better.
Pink doesn't make me gay, it makes you homophobic.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Wolfinton on 12-04-2011
Also, it's not hiring. You're not going to hire a pay check, you're going to raise/higher it. Spell better.

I was sleepy. My English was fail. q_q

Spades_Neil

I'm starting to see little point in possessing a cache if I keep losing everything inside them every time we switch maps. -_-

I'll hang onto my money I guess.

rommel909

Why is there two Music Jukeboxes?
You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your

Skybroke

Seems pretty cool, is there going to be a fix for the containers or do they no longer lose the items inside after a crash or map change?