The REAL problem with FORP. It's more simple than you think!

Started by Spades_Neil, 16-08-2011

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Khorn on 28-08-2011
Give me a solution to my problem, I'll give a solution to yours.

Just talk to people over SF and tell them to play FRP? Once enough people get the ball rolling it takes care of itself...
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.

Khorn

That doesn't help me, and I was referring to help in game.

mxh24

Quote from: Khorn on 29-08-2011
That doesn't help me, and I was referring to help in game.

I would suggest re-installing EVERYTHING steam or gmod related, and if that does not work, try getting a new computer O.o... Or use an old one for just Gmod? I dunno man :(

"When in doubt, mumble."

Khorn

I already installled it all over.

And it ain't a computer problem since I ran GMod just fine on my current setting. Besides the fact my computer just got upgraded.

I can play any other server. And SRP's server 2 can be played.

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Khorn on 29-08-2011
I already installled it all over.

And it ain't a computer problem since I ran GMod just fine on my current setting. Besides the fact my computer just got upgraded.

I can play any other server. And SRP's server 2 can be played.

Seems to be a server-side problem then... This is the obvious thing to say but, talk to Exile :l
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.

Plunger

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 27-08-2011
Quote from: Mr. Pink on 27-08-2011
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 27-08-2011
Quote from: Mr. Pink on 27-08-2011
As far as admins go Spades is probably the only very active one... I know Khorn would be but as he said he's having Gmod issues... I think possibly adding on one or two more FRP admins who would be regulars may help the situation. With a few more admins we'd be able to get alot more done than with just Spades. Not saying he's bad, but he has to do alot of crap on his own...

Of course even I've been FUBAR with shit to do lately. -_-

Precisely. We need more admins.

It'd help. Admins that aren't minges that is. I mean, I got on for all of maybe one hour today. Then Jake hopped on. The server count went from zero to like ten or fifteen in a matter of minutes. Hell even Jake dragged some Enclave buddies on. Provided that bothered me at first, because I don't want the Enclave always going after wastelanders when they log on, but eventually they found something else to do for their own little event and everyone RPed happily while the Enclave had fun shooting things/eachother.

That's what I want to see. More activity from factions both playerbased and official. The Commonwealth of Eden is coming along nicely too. People aren't even in the actual faction--but the town is still active. Now one good improvement we can make with factions is get them to fight. But when I say fight, I don't mean randomly shooting and murdering each other, because we might as well just play Counter Strike... No, I mean well planned events. That's one of the flaws we still have. If we can plan events better, we'll be all set.

Ideally I'd like to see the Enclave get a permanent base of operations in FORP--but that may be easier said than done. It's not built like the SRP map where each faction has their own entire section of the map. Hopefully we can find a decent mapper to solve that problem. I'm not asking for anything massively fancy, but something interesting would be nice. The benefit of having one's own base is it means you can passive RP without there needing to be an event or some shit going on by hanging out in your base. BoS enjoys such luxury. Enclave doesn't. The only time we see Enclave are as boring (though admittedly terrifying) two-dimensional bad guys who are obviously coming to fuck shit up. It makes the Enclave less fun to play as when you're not doing an event.
Stop complaining about Enclave.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Plunger on 02-09-2011
Stop complaining about Enclave.

Learn to read instead.

Plunger

Since you didn't seem to see what I was pointing too.

QuoteHell even Jake dragged some Enclave buddies on. Provided that bothered me at first, because I don't want the Enclave always going after wastelanders when they log on, but eventually they found something else to do for their own little event and everyone RPed happily while the Enclave had fun shooting things/eachother.
Saying as soon as Enclave came you you assumed they would just go after random wasters.

QuoteI'm not asking for anything massively fancy, but something interesting would be nice. The benefit of having one's own base is it means you can passive RP without there needing to be an event or some shit going on by hanging out in your base. BoS enjoys such luxury. Enclave doesn't. The only time we see Enclave are as boring (though admittedly terrifying) two-dimensional bad guys who are obviously coming to fuck shit up. It makes the Enclave less fun to play as when you're not doing an event.
How would you it's boring, and that they only are mindless bad guys considering everytime they try and RP with you, you just run off, and then complain to Tom.