Still Broken Sound? Possible fix.

Started by Spades_Neil, 28-04-2011

Spades_Neil

I think I've noticed something unusual yesterday evening. Before I get started, long story short, ALL of my Fallout RP sounds are broken. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. sounds work just fine for some reason (or they're using HL2 default sounds, I don't know).

However, I went messing with the files a few nights ago after the sound broke. I either replaced the sound of the Assault Rifle's external firing sound (meaning what other people hear, not what the player holding the gun hears) or I replaced the Assault Rifle's firing sound period. I don't know which.

All I know is, all of a sudden, last night with our little ghoul problem, all of a sudden I start hearing REALLY LOUD GUNSHOTS that just so happened to be the sound I overwrote the old file with. What the hell? I tried my other Fallout sounds--though they still didn't work...

Something unusual has happened to the sound files. I went into the game directory (both main Gmod and the Addons) to search for the files. I found them only in the addons directory. All my files were still there... then there was the one I overwrote. I kept a backup of the old file just in case--but this is very unusual.

I theorize that something about how the .wav file is rendered is resulting in a screw up for many players who've lost their sounds. I recommend we all start searching for new .wav files to form a sound replacement pack! Or at the very least maybe Exile knows how to fix this.

Hope this helps. Silly Garry fucked up Gmod again.