Server being a bitch at the moment

Started by Stefantino, 31-03-2011

Stefantino

Okay well i dont know what the fuck is going on Everyone but Anton can get on the Server APARENTLY He's the god of everything and he gets no errors <3 you Anton But uhmm heres what im getting in my console
Failed to load sound "ambient\ambience\wind_light02_loop.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

Failed to load sound "ambient\ambience\wind_light02_loop.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository

Failed to load sound "ambient\levels\forest\treewind2.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
]
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file models/nukacola/bottleempty.mdl

RanmaChan

Actually the server has fucked me in the ass before:  http://www.forums.hypergamer.net/technology/please-help-me!!-v_v/

Regardless, I tried to crash it to restart it, (Gamerheads idea) but I ended up crashing from what I think is the same error you got.  Either someone lucky will be able to connect to the server and crash it, or Silver will restart it.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Khorn

You guys tried to crash it to restart it?

You guys should have just waited for a restart.

jaik

Quote from: Stefantino on 31-03-2011
Failed to load sound "ambient\levels\forest\treewind2.wav", file probably missing from disk/repository
KeyValues Error: RecursiveLoadFromBuffer:  got EOF instead of keyname in file models/nukacola/bottleempty.mdl

This is not the cause of the crash.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

RanmaChan

No, I didn't mean that above was the cause of my crash.  I meant that we both most likely crashed from the same thing, which was not that.  That was what he was getting in his console.  And yeah we tried, there was like, five or six other people all trying to connect who couldn't, and Gamerhead told me that Silver was the only one who could restart the server, and that he was gone, so.  Don't blame me, it didn't work anyways.

jaik

Quote from: RanmaChan on 31-03-2011
No, I didn't mean that above was the cause of my crash.  I meant that we both most likely crashed from the same thing, which was not that.  That was what he was getting in his console.  And yeah we tried, there was like, five or six other people all trying to connect who couldn't, and Gamerhead told me that Silver was the only one who could restart the server, and that he was gone, so.  Don't blame me, it didn't work anyways.

I wasn't talking to you.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Spades_Neil

Allegedly this has something to do with items zombies drop.

CommanderA thinks they drop error signs--but I don't see them drop anything at all. Note however I was experiencing lag before this occured. Or so I think. The zombies ALONE caused the lag, possibly.

RanmaChan

Well, we were killing zombies last night which made it mess up, and we were killing zombies just now, which made it mess up.  So I am thinking it has something to do with that.

Spades_Neil

Damn it all. Let's just reboot the server and instead use Antlions or something. Those are fun to kill too.

What sucks is I lost ALL of my ammunition from a poison headcrab killing me. Really, if we're going to involve zombies, please use regular zombies. Fast zombies in small numbers if you want to screw with people. But quit it with the black crabs (they're just too much in any number larger than 1) and chill with the zombines.

Khorn

I saw an error come from a zombie that Anton killed, it may be one of the random items that they can drop.

After the first error, lag started to occur and after the second, more lag.

Spades_Neil

So how are we supposed to reboot the server normally? We need a reset button.

Turkey

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 31-03-2011
So how are we supposed to reboot the server normally? We need a reset button.

No, You should probably contact an admin.

Silver Knight

The server should be fine at the momment after this update. Ill look into finding that item that causes a issue.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Last.Exile on 31-03-2011
The server should be fine at the momment after this update. Ill look into finding that item that causes a issue.

People think it has something to do with zombies dropping items, but there is some controversy on the true cause.

We've been experiencing lag spikes ever since we rebooted the server today, yet no zombies.