Re: Impending Server Wipe

Started by Paintcheck, 31-01-2012

Paintcheck

Or we could ax Failout entirely and let STALKER absorb all of its players. No sense in two competing servers for the item whoring, 12 year old demographic both seem trying so hard to appeal to.

Who cares what the average player thinks? FO's issue is 1. activity 2. fucking retarded players. Why are you looking for excuses to keep those idiots?

Plus if you wipe even without a canon change all the item whoring kiddies will rage quit anyway so you might as well do something that will appeal to actual good roleplayers (as in everyone in this thread who said "Give us canon that doesn't blow chunks").

Snazzy

Quote from: Paintcheck on 31-01-2012
Or we could ax Failout entirely and let STALKER absorb all of its players. No sense in two competing servers for the item whoring, 12 year old demographic both seem trying so hard to appeal to.

Who cares what the average player thinks? FO's issue is 1. activity 2. fucking retarded players. Why are you looking for excuses to keep those idiots?

Plus if you wipe even without a canon change all the item whoring kiddies will rage quit anyway so you might as well do something that will appeal to actual good roleplayers (as in everyone in this thread who said "Give us canon that doesn't blow chunks").

Because 1. NO ONE wants to see a good server to go away. 2. No one wants to go to a server and be either RDMed and/or have a currency as scrap. 3. This server does get active I got on it for an hour today walkin around while Stalker players played. Stalker cant just be a main server. Its like saying Das_Uberman should be a Star Wars admin. AKA I dont think hes ever played the server. FORP is delicate. It needs to be loved equally. Not being ripped apart between Stalker and Crussaria. I do agree to the wipe. Just make a SMALL list of what you lost. ONLY the important items such as a AK or a 10mm SMG. Clothing. And Please be honest. I might even make a topic for you to post what you lost so we can keep in order and not join the server and say,"// I lost my shit in the WIPE! Give me this this this this this this that and this! NAO!".
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

StickyWicket

Once again, Paintcheck has stated my opinions for me. The amount of money and gear people were throwing around on the server was huge. People giving up wards of 5000 caps just to be NLR'd, and selling tons of guns and armor cheap to make super militias in towns. It simply looks goofy to see all of these people in NCR armor with AKs around the place, when the only thing that they should be coated in is dust.

And halokiller: Those same people (like you) that up hold gear over everything else are the problem. The wipe is meant to make all of those items go away, not to make confusion.

Snazzy

Quote from: StickyWicket on 31-01-2012
Once again, Paintcheck has stated my opinions for me. The amount of money and gear people were throwing around on the server was huge. People giving up wards of 5000 caps just to be NLR'd, and selling tons of guns and armor cheap to make super militias in towns. It simply looks goofy to see all of these people in NCR armor with AKs around the place, when the only thing that they should be coated in is dust.

Thats why its called make the prices on armor higher. Instead of getting rid of a server its called an idea of what to do, test it and if it works then continue it. They tried that with the T menu and now there bringing it back. It screwed up the economy. And now there fixing it. Like I said IDEA.
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

Snazzy

And halokiller: Those same people (like you) that up hold gear over everything else are the problem. The wipe is meant to make all of those items go away, not to make confusion.

And no i dont take items over development. I do admit I did get greedy at one time but i am over that. The reason why I say that is because MOST people work for there stuff. I worked on my character in stamina and fighting. That is why I won that arena fight a few weeks ago. If I only went for the items then how could I get 20% in fighting and 42% in stamina. I worked my ass off for it.

Vortigoat

Werent you one of the two guy's that metagamed after one of you got robbed for like 1/4 of your gear? Seems to me you care so much about your gear that you want it back at any cost.

Snazzy

Quote from: Vortigoat on 31-01-2012
Werent you one of the two guy's that metagamed after one of you got robbed for like 1/4 of your gear? Seems to me you care so much about your gear that you want it back at any cost.

I dont care about the Merc Armor I lost 5 WEEKS AGO. I moved on. So ya. Your comment is invalid.

Khorn

Quote from: halokiller38 on 31-01-2012

Thats why its called make the prices on armor higher. Instead of getting rid of a server its called an idea of what to do, test it and if it works then continue it. They tried that with the T menu and now there bringing it back. It screwed up the economy. And now there fixing it. Like I said IDEA.

First, to say something, if the wipe occurs, you will not receive anything you lost and would only get back basic start gear if you have the flags for it.
So don't bother with a thread to keep track of people's more important items, as it is a waste of time.

Second, raising prices for items won't help. As I've said before, long time ago, these paychecks we get slowly fuck the economy over in all servers.
It's money that comes from nowhere. It is device that slowly ruins the server's economy, due to inflation.

Third, an economy controlled by players will generally fall apart due to players, not all, but most.

Fourth, the T menu is good at removing said caps from the server into the nothingness it comes from, but the economy will still, slowly unwind.

Lastly, this wipe will simply stave off the death of FRP for some time longer. We do not have a player base anymore to deal with 3 RP servers. And if we did replace FRP with Star Wars RP, it be like shooting ourselves in the foot as it be a waste of resources and most likely drive players away.

Wiping the server will bring players back, for a time, but the server will end back to where it is now just a bit quicker.

And stop trying to pick fights with each other.

Snazzy

First, to say something, if the wipe occurs, you will not receive anything you lost and would only get back basic start gear if you have the flags for it.
So don't bother with a thread to keep track of people's more important items, as it is a waste of time.

Second, raising prices for items won't help. As I've said before, long time ago, these paychecks we get slowly fuck the economy over in all servers.
It's money that comes from nowhere. It is device that slowly ruins the server's economy, due to inflation.

Third, an economy controlled by players will generally fall apart due to players, not all, but most.

Fourth, the T menu is good at removing said caps from the server into the nothingness it comes from, but the economy will still, slowly unwind.

Lastly, this wipe will simply stave off the death of FRP for some time longer. We do not have a player base anymore to deal with 3 RP servers. And if we did replace FRP with Star Wars RP, it be like shooting ourselves in the foot as it be a waste of resources and most likely drive players away.

Wiping the server will bring players back, for a time, but the server will end back to where it is now just a bit quicker.

And stop trying to pick fights with each other.

Thank you for a real post Khorn. Yours has made more sense than anyones and I agree with you.

jaik

Quote from: Paintcheck on 31-01-2012

Yeah this. I can tell you as a former SV that FRP's concept is identical to Stalker's, rename it to S3 and there won't be much of a difference except that the players' standard of roleplay quality is exceedingly low it's embarrassing, because if a canon represents a very mainstream idea or concept, it will have more retards regardless of what you want to do with it. FO1/FO2 timeline worked temporarily because we had a decent playerbase that could RP without declaring item-whore, that didn't last for long because eventually the retards that don't give a shit about storyline kicked in and nothing was done about this influx, and eventually they replaced anyone that had at least some braincells. If you're going to change canon, then at least enforce it properly...Although this will probably yield no result anyway, because the playerbase doesn't change with canon and I doubt everyone played and immersed themselves in the earlier Fallout games well enough to understand and roleplay accordingly to the changed timeline.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway