Oh my GOD, why did I take this admin job?!

Started by Spades_Neil, 09-06-2011

Spades_Neil

SO MANY PEOPLE ASDFGH

[Oh nevermind, Tinypic deleted my image. Fags.]

No I'm kidding. It's worth it. :) Even though I had to deal with an RDMing/minging asshole tonight, things otherwise went well.

So far so good. I haven't seen FRP so active in a long time, and I haven't seen the economy flowing so well either! We also had our assassination mission today come to an end where someone FINALLY killed Carlos for the grand prize of 2000 caps. I believe Alysia and Jackson were the ones who killed him? Brilliant ambush by you two.

As for the rest of you, except for that idiot Kabs who is probably going to be banned for RDM, today went well!

OH, AND THE SERVER NEVER CRASHED TODAY! YAY!

P.S. Thomas Marshall is that minge I'm talking about. Jake, or Blake, or Exile, if you happen to see him, permban him will you? Because I don't have my kick abilities working just yet. The rest of you, watch out for the player Kabs or the character Thomas Marshall.

In other news...
I'm looking for suggestions on future quests I could do for you guys once I do get the proper admin powers.

mxh24

Congradulations! Now If only you can set up another bounty or something for me to join KK...  ;D

"When in doubt, mumble."

R3BooT

Future PvP for high priority targets like...*COUGH* ENCLAVE *COUGH* I mean those cool dudes in that armor.
funny gifs

meetdadoom

Bounty hunting missions however make it where it is like a leader of a raider group and the hunter has to go through many enemies if he wants to kill the high priced target.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Spades_Neil

Quote from: meetdadoom on 10-06-2011
Bounty hunting missions however make it where it is like a leader of a raider group and the hunter has to go through many enemies if he wants to kill the high priced target.

OooOOOooohhh.. I like that idea. It'll require a number of people and a *lot* of planning, but it could prove interesting.

R3BooT

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 10-06-2011
OooOOOooohhh.. I like that idea. It'll require a number of people and a *lot* of planning, but it could prove interesting.

Solution: combine troops = raiders protecting leader/god/someitem
funny gifs

lolKieck

Quote from: R3BooT on 10-06-2011

Better if combine troops would be replaced with trusted players, so you can have STK or STM. Maybe even RP fights.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Spades_Neil

Quote from: lolKieck on 10-06-2011

Better if combine troops would be replaced with trusted players, so you can have STK or STM. Maybe even RP fights.

I agree with this.

TrevorWest

Me and Alysia should become bounty hunters.
Characters

Fallout roleplay
Name: Trevor West

Name: Pvt. Richard McKay

Spades_Neil

By the way, now that I am admin, so long as I am online...

The server will never be safe again! Mwahahahaha!!

No seriously. Dark scary woods and abandoned buildings will have something worth being scared of again. As long as Jake allows it, I'll be fucking with you people. >:D

R3BooT

By the way, now that I am admin, so long as I am online...

The server will never be safe again! Mwahahahaha!!

No seriously. Dark scary woods and abandoned buildings will have something worth being scared of again. As long as Jake allows it, I'll be fucking with you people. >:D

I wont be scared because I'm a elite xena ninja lesbian assassin who can superjump.
funny gifs

Paintcheck

I wont be scared because I'm a elite xena ninja lesbian assassin who can superjump.

The STALKER server is that way.

And I tried using Combine NPCs to act as raiders before, the problem is you can't really make them stay in an area and they chase after people in observe mode. One time I tried this and I spawned like 6 combine and managed to get out of their line of sight without them following me only for another admin to whiz by in observe mode, aggro all of them, and drag them right into spawn. Luckily I was quick with the tool gun to delete them (which you now can't do) or that could have been bad.

Recreas

Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-06-2011

And I tried using Combine NPCs to act as raiders before, the problem is you can't really make them stay in an area and they chase after people in observe mode. One time I tried this and I spawned like 6 combine and managed to get out of their line of sight without them following me only for another admin to whiz by in observe mode, aggro all of them, and drag them right into spawn. Luckily I was quick with the tool gun to delete them (which you now can't do) or that could have been bad.

That's why admins should work together? Instead of breaking each others plans.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

jaik

Quote from: Recreas on 11-06-2011
Quote from: Paintcheck on 11-06-2011

That's why admins should work together? Instead of breaking each others plans.

As if it was intentional.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

meetdadoom

This, people still fail to realize that this is a roleplay server, I don't want to kill npcs, if thats all I do then I am better off playing Fallout.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Poopship

Quote from: meetdadoom on 11-06-2011

This, people still fail to realize that this is a roleplay server, I don't want to kill npcs, if thats all I do then I am better off playing Fallout.
THANK YOU!

Recreas

That's why I voted for long-story based missions, so that you can actually continue with your character development.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

TrevorWest

Great job with that ban, Spades.  ;)
Characters

Fallout roleplay
Name: Trevor West

Name: Pvt. Richard McKay

Spades_Neil

Quote from: TrevorWest on 11-06-2011
Great job with that ban, Spades.  ;)

>.> Shaddap. Lol.

To those of you who don't know, I accidentally banned myself since apparently the ban system for FORP works differently than how I expected. Instead of banning a player, it bans characters and the players using those characters--so I banned myself trying to ban somebody else. I do admit this doesn't support my claims of admin experience, but at least I understand perfectly how it happened. I won't go into detail here since it's on a need-to-know basis. :P

I'm still waiting for Exile to fix it--but even while I can't directly influence the game after accidentally banning myself, I still managed to perform some duties as a voice of power in the server during a bit of a problem I think last night. A couple of Kira's mercenaries were going about acting like raiders. They were PKed with Jake's authorization.

Ironically I took Frozenfire's side in the conflict and now [name undisclosed] hates me. Which sucks. But it proves I side with who is right, not who I like.

jaik

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 12-06-2011
and now [name undisclosed] hates me.
Xeniith: Just want you to know that I have a hacked version of your forp
Xeniith: And I'm thinking of leaking it.
Xeniith: c:
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

mxh24

Ironically I took Frozenfire's side in the conflict, and now [name undisclosed] hates me. Which sucks. But it proves I side with who is right, not who I like.

Thanks... Now no more banning yourself, it was a nightmare with you not around...

"When in doubt, mumble."

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Jake on 12-06-2011
Quote from: Spades_Neil on 12-06-2011
and now [name undisclosed] hates me.
Xeniith: Just want you to know that I have a hacked version of your forp
Xeniith: And I'm thinking of leaking it.
Xeniith: c:

Rofl.

I was actually talking about Hazard, but he apologized to me today as you know. I highly respect that.

As for Xeniith... lol... even if they did have a hacked version, GOOD LUCK decoding Exile's mess enigma of programming. :D

Spades_Neil

Also, in other news, I'm noticing that long-term story based missions are getting a slight bit more votes.

Alright, soon as I'm unbanned, I'll get one of you guys started on such a mission and ask Jake about rewards. Blake seems to think I've been source-banned. I have no idea what that means. >_> My Steam ID perhaps is what needs to be /unban?

Hell I don't know. With the experience I do have as an admin, there tends to be an /unban or something similar command even if there's already a menu like we have for kicks and bans.

Das_Uberman

Natural disaster events is my recc. I'd like to see how natural disasters are when affected by the radiation and such, could be interesting just to do regualar disasters too, like sandstorms and lightning storms. Overall I think it'd make it more realistic.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 12-06-2011
Natural disaster events is my recc. I'd like to see how natural disasters are when affected by the radiation and such, could be interesting just to do regualar disasters too, like sandstorms and lightning storms. Overall I think it'd make it more realistic.

Oooo, natural disasters you say? Hmmm. The question is how we'd replicate such a thing?