. . .NPC Traders?!

Started by StickyWicket, 01-12-2011

StickyWicket

Why does FORP need NPC traders? Why can't we just have normal people that you can actually RP with? The only reason I see why we would need this is if traders where inactive, witch is hard to say when we only have 4-6. And are they set in permanent locations? And are they're prices lower then that of the normal base prices?

I don't want to see FORP to become an RPG. I want to see good reasons as to why we -need- these.

Plunger

Quote from: StickyWicket on 01-12-2011
Why does FORP need NPC traders? Why can't we just have normal people that you can actually RP with? The only reason I see why we would need this is if traders where inactive, witch is hard to say when we only have 4-6. And are they set in permanent locations? And are they're prices lower then that of the normal base prices?

I don't want to see FORP to become an RPG. I want to see good reasons as to why we -need- these.

Quote from: Mr. Pink
I still think it'd be passive rp... It's passive rp as long as there's no huge event going on to drive the plot forward... Imagine this, you're walking along, looking for scrap out in the wastes, you turn a corner and there's a feral dog. You have to put it down or else it'd kill you. Still passive RP, it just adds a new layer into it. I feel the extra content will make the RP more immersive and add more variety to it. Also, alot of the new content I think is for donator benefits, something FORP is desperately in need of...

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 01-12-2011
Quote from: Plunger on 01-12-2011
I was talking more about how I'd go to a town to talk to people and a big bandit raid of npcs disrupts us.

Oh well that works too considering we have a new assload of NPCs to play with far as I'm told.

Opps, to late.

Silver Knight

NPC traders i made are spawned by the admins for events and stuff. They exist to fill the gap where there are no traders or certain important items cannot be gained elsewhere.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Madcombat

Good point but I hope they dont have all the gear on the list to sell otherwise players will be obtaining equipment through no roleplay.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Madcombat on 02-12-2011
Good point but I hope they dont have all the gear on the list to sell otherwise players will be obtaining equipment through no roleplay.

No currently one sells drinks and one sells food. That's it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Last.Exile on 02-12-2011
Quote from: Madcombat on 02-12-2011

No currently one sells drinks and one sells food. That's it.

On top of that we rarely use them... I think we've used them twice... One reason we do not is because food and drinks are not necessary in the game :/ Granted I still use them for roleplay purposes...
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.