No traders?

Started by Spades_Neil, 22-12-2011

Spades_Neil

Instead of complaining about how the only trader ragequit because he was PKed (and rightfully so, for he was ICly a total ass), why not fill the gap? :P

I see an opportunity. If I were you, I'd race to fill the gap in the market. Get some buddies, form a company, pick a spot to do business (except the gas station, which is off limits to permanent ownership), and build your economic empire!

If the legendary Kira Alekhin, my old character, could earn over 50,000 caps and still manage her money well enough to arm herself to the teeth without once using /dev_capsgive command, I think you can manage.

Right now, far as I know, YOU DO NOT need to apply for trader, because there are no trader flags. Do it the old fashioned way. It's more interesting.

Steven :D

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 22-12-2011
Instead of complaining about how the only trader ragequit because he was PKed (and rightfully so, for he was ICly a total ass), why not fill the gap? :P

I see an opportunity. If I were you, I'd race to fill the gap in the market. Get some buddies, form a company, pick a spot to do business (except the gas station, which is off limits to permanent ownership), and build your economic empire!

If the legendary Kira Alekhin, my old character, could earn over 50,000 caps and still manage her money well enough to arm herself to the teeth without once using /dev_capsgive command, I think you can manage.

Right now, far as I know, YOU DO NOT need to apply for trader, because there are no trader flags. Do it the old fashioned way. It's more interesting.
Sounds like Brick except he crushed stuff; with his fists.
100k+ RU, Exoskeleton, FN2000? Its possible but takes dedication. I, however do have a character on FORP that I would want to be a trader...

Pepsigod

Implying there is no traders :o.....

Arlington is the only "Trading Company" out there at the moment with the caravans and now Arlington Arms trading as well >_>

Maxi96203

I believe the root to the problem is that everyone capable of being a trader is either A: pompous assholes or B: isolationists.

I not being exempted from this, but that was in SRP (digressing)

I think we need a solid trader flag, with a good income, and strict applications.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 22-12-2011
I think we need a solid trader flag, with a good income, and strict applications.

We already did that. It worked, but was boring for the people who played traders.

So with a healthy playerbase, I have room to experiment with new ideas. If it continues to be an issue however, I may eventually change my mind. Nothing is definite with me when I make these changes. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

Maxi96203

We already did that. It worked, but was boring for the people who played traders.

So with a healthy playerbase, I have room to experiment with new ideas. If it continues to be an issue however, I may eventually change my mind. Nothing is definite with me when I make these changes. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

If someone finds a lot of RP, most good, some bad, boring, I don't think it's the kind of people you want having tons of caps and an economic empire.

Spades_Neil

If someone finds a lot of RP, most good, some bad, boring, I don't think it's the kind of people you want having tons of caps and an economic empire.

Shitty RPers don't make it that far. <3

Maxi96203

Shitty RPers don't make it that far. <3

I know a few that have <3

Pepsigod

As hilarious as I found your statement against a certain player we all know and loathe, trolling is trolling. Snipped.

Steven :D

Junkman saved the day.

Wolfinton

Hey! Jakob had the same amount of the caps, was just as armed and ran his own town against a Slaver army! Don't tell them about being able to be a trader without mentioning long lost Jakob... ^^
Pink doesn't make me gay, it makes you homophobic.

mxh24

I did not ragequit, so please stop assuming that... I am just taking a break from forp so I can cool off. I would tell you this but seeing as you've blocked me from steam, for some unknown reason. Also, it is christmas I do not want to play any video games during christmas.

EDIT: I did say I quit but that was because I was mad, I just don't like wasting time on a character, then to have it pk'd.

"When in doubt, mumble."

nKe

Spades, remember how you left poor Suslov (Outcast's trader), waiting for Junkman to sell him stuff?
Poor fella is still waiting for Junkman to come back.

Khorn

Quote from: mxh24 on 26-12-2011
I did not ragequit, so please stop assuming that... I am just taking a break from forp so I can cool off. I would tell you this but seeing as you've blocked me from steam, for some unknown reason. Also, it is christmas I do not want to play any video games during christmas.

EDIT: I did say I quit but that was because I was mad, I just don't like wasting time on a character, then to have it pk'd.

You do know that having a character killed off permanently in a roleplaying game is natural?

You best get used to it.

Snazzy

Quote from: Steven :D on 23-12-2011
Junkman saved the day.

Junkman really did. I wish it would come back :/
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(