New map? Your vote counts.

Started by Blake.H, 20-01-2012

Blake.H

Alright gentlemen (Mel, you are man so shut your mouth),

I found this map, rp_ountercanals, and it has intrigued me. I was wondering if all you fallout-ers would take the liberty of downloading it and giving some feedback on the map - Rate it out of 10 for SUITABILITY for fallout, i dont care if that shit shines like the sun - I want to know if you think it is Apropriate for a fallout themed server. With this map we MAY also introduce vehicles (As the map is rather large).

And if we did use this i'd be doing a nice long event and have a nice backstory written for it :)

rp_ountercanals

http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=123495

>>> STOP! <<<
You've violated the law

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM ONLY!

Any bullshit or "Cool map/Shitmap" will be DELETED.
And for fucks sake, test the map before you vote...

If at the end, the poll's average is around 7/10 then we will use it

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Madcombat

Its based and made for HL2 roleplay, how could this in any way be suitable for a post apocalyptic environment?

jaik

Quote from: Madcombat on 20-01-2012
Its based and made for HL2 roleplay, how could this in any way be suitable for a post apocalyptic environment?

HL2RP is post-apoc.
There's too much green in there, though. I voted it 5.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Spades_Neil

Meh, too green.

Kill some trees and then we'll talk.

Madcombat

Quote from: Jake on 20-01-2012
Quote from: Madcombat on 20-01-2012

HL2RP is post-apoc.
There's too much green in there, though. I voted it 5.

But not the Post-apoc we know in general, theres hardly any destroyed buildings, any signs of warfare, the map just isnt scarred enough.

Khorn

I still suggest one of the RP Salvation 2 maps.

The  one with thethe trees or the more deserted one.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Khorn on 20-01-2012
I still suggest one of the RP Salvation 2 maps.

The  one with thethe trees or the more deserted one.

Desert. Certainly desert. Someone needs to open the map in Hammer and just uproot every palm tree, delete the A-10A sitting in the hangar, and we're golden.

Caso

(Your not my dad!)

Actually, I sort of like the map. It's different from other the other ones we have played on, lots of tunnels you could get lost or set up in. Many buildings in the area, lots of areas to explore and find loot. A much better time setting up towns or factions. I like the concept of the map and could see it working but there are a couple flaws

It's just too green and not many ruined buildings. Plus, the map is not as open as a fallout should imply, it is broken off into 4 sectors, one connecting of the three(And thats actually a cool concept but rather predictable when waster's come on and see who's taken what sector) It just speaks more of a untouched, abounded ravine.

I could see a major story coming out of it about WHY it's untouched and abounded, but I'm not sure.
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

jaik

Quote from: Caso on 20-01-2012
I could see a major story coming out of it about WHY it's untouched and abounded, but I'm not sure.

canada
lol
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Maxi96203

I see it more as an event map then anything else. I think it's much too small. I've roleplayed on this map before, and it's too much close quarters for my preference. Though some roleplay could come out of it, I don't really find it fitting for a fallout one.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Blake.H

Average vote came out at 3.09, Thus this map will not be used.

Topic Locked.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Silver Knight

Quote from: Longlostblake on 22-01-2012
Average vote came out at 3.09, Thus this map will not be used.

Topic Locked.

10 vs 12. What.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period