New fallout content

Started by Blake.H, 29-11-2011

Blake.H

They say every cloud has a silver lining, garry may have broke GMOD but the new fallout content VPN Link & guide are released and located inside the  info thread.

Now:

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Mr. Pink

It's almost as if Garry was watching, waiting until we released the new content so he could fuck up Gmod...
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Mr. Pink on 29-11-2011
It's almost as if Garry was watching, waiting until we released the new content so he could fuck up Gmod...

................................................. Twat.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Pepsigod

Valve broke it this time, not garry.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Pepsigod on 30-11-2011

Valve broke it this time, not garry.

Garry released a shit update which conflicted with valves, shit update. Hopefully he gets it fixed tonight, to which i have to update all our servers with, again. These shit updates.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

assassin8909

Hope its fixed sometime soon, can't wait to get on and play :D.

Mr. Pink

Quote from: assassin8909 on 30-11-2011
Hope its fixed sometime soon, can't wait to get on and play :D .

^This. I got very excited as I watched all of the files the SVN was downloading... FORP's about to get intense. :D

Plunger

Quote from: Mr. Pink on 30-11-2011

^This. I got very excited as I watched all of the files the SVN was downloading... FORP's about to get intense. :D
Content doesn't determine rp quality.

assassin8909

Quote from: Plunger on 30-11-2011

It does for some people, and alot of people like new and unique stuff to be added to some servers to make the Roleplay more interesting.

Mr. Pink

It does for some people, and alot of people like new and unique stuff to be added to some servers to make the Roleplay more interesting.

^This. The thing that I'm excited about mostly is the new creature NPCs. It's much easier to immerse people in the roleplay when there are passive threats stalking the wastes that don't need to be controlled by people...

Plunger

Passive RP means no fighting though, and I sure hope people's rp doesn't depend on content.

StickyWicket

Passive RP means no fighting though, and I sure hope people's rp doesn't depend on content.

Mr. Pink

I still think it'd be passive rp... It's passive rp as long as there's no huge event going on to drive the plot forward... Imagine this, you're walking along, looking for scrap out in the wastes, you turn a corner and there's a feral dog. You have to put it down or else it'd kill you. Still passive RP, it just adds a new layer into it. I feel the extra content will make the RP more immersive and add more variety to it. Also, alot of the new content I think is for donator benefits, something FORP is desperately in need of...

Plunger

I still think it'd be passive rp... It's passive rp as long as there's no huge event going on to drive the plot forward... Imagine this, you're walking along, looking for scrap out in the wastes, you turn a corner and there's a feral dog. You have to put it down or else it'd kill you. Still passive RP, it just adds a new layer into it. I feel the extra content will make the RP more immersive and add more variety to it. Also, alot of the new content I think is for donator benefits, something FORP is desperately in need of...
passive is sitting around talking, developing your character. Killing npcs by yourself isnt even rp in anyway.

Mr. Pink

passive is sitting around talking, developing your character. Killing npcs by yourself isnt even rp in anyway.

Killing can develope characters... Assuming the player allows it to... Just accept that more content is good.

Plunger

Killing can develope characters... Assuming the player allows it to... Just accept that more content is good.
Killing players yes, but NPC's no. I'm not saying content is bad, I'm just trying to point out that just because there is new content doesn't mean the RP will get better.

Mr. Pink

Killing players yes, but NPC's no. I'm not saying content is bad, I'm just trying to point out that just because there is new content doesn't mean the RP will get better.

It can't get worse from it, is what I'm trying to say. It'll give the admins a little more edge in things.

Spades_Neil

Moved to dump due to being outdated. :P