My Ideas for Fallout Roleplay

Started by Das_Uberman, 05-07-2011

Das_Uberman

First off, the Enclave needs to back off. Not that it's bad or anything, it's just that people do not enjoy being bullied around and that's exactly what the Enclave does. I'm not saying to eliminate it entirely, just that it needs to take a break until the server gets it's player count up. However, I would recommend more subtle Enclave events, like a vertibird passing overhead but not stopping to bully wasters, or an eyebot roaming the wastes, but nothing hostile, subtle things.

Secondly, more events. Events of all kinds, weather, animal attacks, ghouls, caravans, raiders, etc. Overall, to attract people, the events should be low risk, decent reward. As Spades mentioned earlier in his rant, people like guns, so lets give them some. People like action, so make events that involve action, but not a lot of risk. Perhaps a small swarm of radroaches, or a pack of ghouls. I think there should be more caravans, traders wandering the wastes giving cut prices, and new equipment.

Finally, and most importantly, people need to get their asses on the server. Yeah, there isn't that many people, but it's enough to make a difference. Server empty and you got nothing better to do? Get on it, who cares if you're not gonna do anything, as long as the server doesn't say 0/32. Other people will get on if they see it's not empty. And if people are really willing to get bullied by Military, and Duty on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Roleplay, I think they can handle a little pestering by Enclave on Fallout Roleplay. That's what I've got so far, still brainstorming ideas, but that's what I've got so far.

meetdadoom

You're a dumb ass. Wastelanders need that constant fear of Enclave. Enclave bullying the wastelanders is good and they should keep doing their job. FoRP doesn't need 100 % action. People are missing the point that yes it is the wasteland and the wasteland is a mean place however, 70% of roleplaying should be basically citizens roleplay and the other can be some action. Not everyone should be brave enough. Everything you suggest in Paragraph 2 basically is saying make easy events so me and the rest of the wastelanders can "win the game" and get the best loot.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Das_Uberman

Quote from: meetdadoom on 05-07-2011
You're a dumb ass. Wastelanders need that constant fear of Enclave. Enclave bullying the wastelanders is good and they should keep doing their job. FoRP doesn't need 100 % action. People are missing the point that yes it is the wasteland and the wasteland is a mean place however, 70% of roleplaying should be basically citizens roleplay and the other can be some action. Not everyone should be brave enough. Everything you suggest in Paragraph 2 basically is saying make easy events so me and the rest of the wastelanders can "win the game" and get the best loot.

Wow, I really don't need this shit. This isn't long term, this is just to get the fucking server back to where it was a while ago, when it actually had people on it, I'm not saying do this permanently, I'm saying just do this to get people back on, then we can cut this shit out and get back to normal. Sometimes survival requires that you compromise your values and make an ass out of yourself.

jaik

People value items more than their characters and there's absolutely nothing I can do to change it.

Also; what Misha said. Making constant events won't make any roleplay, but rather turn this into an action-RPG.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Das_Uberman

Quote from: Jake on 05-07-2011
People value items more than their characters and there's absolutely nothing I can do to change it.

Also; what Misha said. Making constant events won't make any roleplay, but rather turn this into an action-RPG.

I know. This is just to get the server back to where it was, then we get rid of the frequent events, cut back on the items, and the Enclave can continue their reign of terror.

jaik

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 05-07-2011
Quote from: Jake on 05-07-2011

I know. This is just to get the server back to where it was, then we get rid of the frequent events, cut back on the items, and the Enclave can continue their reign of terror.

I am afraid we can't start our restoration due to lack of faction stability and enthusiasm. Blake has pretty much given up on FRP, killing BoS once again by the way.

Khorn

I would play, but I'm working many more hours than I did before, so I can't spare much time on FoRP.

I do a lot of labor work outside, in this damn July heat. So when I get home, I'm just too tired to really bother.

Poopship

Look, we can't get people by giving them items, it would ruin the balance. I say, everyone try to go to different communities, make friends try to convert them. It's a bit shady but, it may be what we have to resort to.

lolKieck

You're a dumb ass who talks shit when he doesn't know anything. Refrain from using examples of factions on SRP when you're never on SRP yourself. Suuure, Duty bullies stalkers around, odd enough that they come to our base to trade and passive RP.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Spades_Neil

Enclave needs a counter balance. That counter balance needs to be the BoS. Neither side should be allowed to move freely. One of the main problems is Jake being SV can go around recruiting whoever he wants. I can't do that on my BoS character.

Oh wait. What's this? I'm hearing rumors that Jake removed the BoS? Oh, nevermind that then. Now nothing can stop Enclave. Nevermind, just a rumor. BoS still exists, but it's still pretty dead due to lack of not only a leader--but recruiting. If you'll excuse me, I'll be playing my new copy of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. until things un-fuck themselves in FORP.

In all seriousness, if Blake going AWOL has 'killed' BoS, why don't I just take over and give it a shot instead of just killing it off? I was his second in command.

Das_Uberman

Quote from: lolKieck on 06-07-2011
You're a dumb ass who talks shit when he doesn't know anything. Refrain from using examples of factions on SRP when you're never on SRP yourself. Suuure, Duty bullies stalkers around, odd enough that they come to our base to trade and passive RP.

You know, I hate it when people tear apart your ideas without bringing anything to the table. For some reason certain people tend to enjoy that sort of thing.

lolKieck

Quote from: Das_Uberman on 06-07-2011
Quote from: lolKieck on 06-07-2011

You know, I hate it when people tear apart your ideas without bringing anything to the table. For some reason certain people tend to enjoy that sort of thing.
I hate it when people talk shit about something/somebody when they don't know anything.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Dug

Enclave isn't suppose to be seen at all. It should have been an event faction.
During my time playing all those fallouts. They'd appear in places you'd expect them to.
Not all over the wasteland.

Paintcheck

Putting more items out won't help. Enclave need a counter balance but this canon is stupid and gives the enclave too much power which i know people were talking about when it was announced a month or two ago.

The old canon was better before.

jaik

Enclave isn't an issue.

Steven :D

mxh24

Quote from: Paintcheck on 06-07-2011

Putting more items out won't help. Enclave need a counter balance but this canon is stupid and gives the enclave too much power which i know people were talking about when it was announced a month or two ago.

I agree completely, I think we did better before the last update... I mean we had the achievement of "Most players on at once" (I think). Now we RARELY have one or two people on

Quote from: Jake on 06-07-2011
Enclave isn't an issue.

Yes, sorry Jake, but it is. You just think that because you are the leader, and you do not see from others point of view... I for one got a laser rifle stolen and my spleen ripped out because of random searches (I forget the rest, those are the ones that I remember). I just think they where not the best to add into the game... Even though they are rarely on, when they are, they're a pain.

I will be off playing some shitty game that leads me no where (Like CoD). Good luck FRP

"When in doubt, mumble."

jaik

Quote from: mxh24 on 06-07-2011

I agree completely, I think we did better before the last update... I mean we had the achievement of "Most players on at once" (I think). Now we RARELY have one or two people on

Enclave isn't an issue.

Yes, sorry Jake, but it is. You just think that because you are the leader, and you do not see from others point of view... I for one got a laser rifle stolen and my spleen ripped out because of random searches (I forget the rest, those are the ones that I remember). I just think they where not the best to add into the game... Even though they are rarely on, when they are, they're a pain.

You're incorrect because the canon was changed long time ago and we earned this "achievement" after we changed it. The server's dead due to Garry's shitty programming which caused over a week of downtime.
Oh and we didn't touch your spleen either.

Wolfinton

Quote from: mxh24 on 06-07-2011

Enclave isn't an issue.

I will be off playing some shitty game that leads me no where (Like CoD). Good luck FRP

It wasn't our fault Blake was silly and ripped out your spleen in order to "save" you. You were going to die from an infection in the wound or, since Blake was performing the medical stuff, having no spleen.

Plus, I believe that only me and Jake are the only Enclave that are on off events. At least, I am never in Enclave events but go on off them.
Pink doesn't make me gay, it makes you homophobic.

Spades_Neil

I do admit at this point the dosage of Enclave isn't bad, but the threat of them is none the less driving players off. Yet, Enclave isn't the true issue. It's just a scapegoat really. The overly trigger happiness of the players in general and the drive for items is what is making it difficult to roleplay seeing as everything leads up to murdering one-another.

I think it's time to bring back factions so we can be more liberal about items. FORP's glory days were when three major factions were usually the majority of players online. BoS, Frankie's Republic, and Enclave. Provided, FR needs a replacement, or we might not need an FR replacement at all, but I feel like two factions alone would be boring.

Paintcheck

Fra's removal is in my opinion the original cause of fo's issues. The three way conflict between fra, bos, and the enclave worked great because they all were playing each other against everyone else. With them gone suddenly no one could stand against the massive bos (the enclave was relying on fra to be a distraction because we couldn't stand type toe to toe with them and also weren't supposed to anyway) and things started sucking.items are not the main issue, at that is not why the original players all left. If the 3 way faction intrigue was brought back instead of this stupid "enclave are evil" canon we have now that would certainly make me interested in playing again.

Although at this stage I am more interested in Crussaria.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Paintcheck on 07-07-2011
Fra's removal is in my opinion the original cause of fo's issues. The three way conflict between fra, bos, and the enclave worked great because they all were playing each other against everyone else. With them gone suddenly no one could stand against the massive bos (the enclave was relying on fra to be a distraction because we couldn't stand type toe to toe with them and also weren't supposed to anyway) and things started sucking.items are not the main issue, at that is not why the original players all left. If the 3 way faction intrigue was brought back instead of this stupid "enclave are evil" canon we have now that would certainly make me interested in playing again.

THIS.

Paintcheck

Also it should be noted that I certainly don't think the factions were perfect, they all had some faults. The ideas behind them are what I refer to.

And my phone has a very obnoxious auto-correct function so if there are any weird words in the middle of my sentences that is why.

Zithra

I'd like to agree with OP's points, primarily the second one. It seems like there's no point to logging on without an admin present to make events happen, otherwise you're just sitting around because there's nothing to explore, scavenge, build, fight... Etc.

-IGN: Zack Thornton
RIP FORP Characters
Andrew Erics  Wastelander
Evan Thornton  Brotherhood of Steel
Tyler Williams Trader

Khorn

Oh, I thought people were supposed to make roleplay together, not wait for an admin to spawn guns and npcs for you to hunt.