More delays.

Started by Turkey, 13-01-2011

Paintcheck

NO FUCKING HL2. Jesus CHRIST just work on FO or Crussaria and finish it. Yes HL2 content is all over the place but HL2 is boring, unoriginal and there's 99 million other servers that all do it that are established already (making a player base hard to come by). For fuck's sake just finish the projects we're been waiting on and stop considering all these random new ideas that will inevitably just get added to the long list of projects that will never see the light of day. If people want to play HL2 they should go to one of the over 9000 boring existed HL2 servers.

Silver Knight

I think of hl2rp as more of a side roleplay server. SRP is our flagship, Crussaria is our overall goal and Fallout is our front wall.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

That's great except for the fact that currently only 1 of those servers exists and adding more isn't going to speed completion of any of the others.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 24-02-2011
NO FUCKING HL2. Jesus CHRIST just work on FO or Crussaria and finish it. Yes HL2 content is all over the place but HL2 is boring, unoriginal and there's 99 million other servers that all do it that are established already (making a player base hard to come by). For fuck's sake just finish the projects we're been waiting on and stop considering all these random new ideas that will inevitably just get added to the long list of projects that will never see the light of day. If people want to play HL2 they should go to one of the over 9000 boring existed HL2 servers.

Minecraft is pulling a pretty huge playerbase thanks to google.

The falling point?
Few if any of them have gmod.

Silver Knight

Hosting hl2rp isn't a big deal really. It's so straight foward. It would not be a focus point of hgn but just another server which people who like hl2rp can go play on.

Legit|Brandon

Updating Stalker I think would be best and working on FORP.
For Freedom

Ragolution

Quote from: Last.Exile on 24-02-2011
Hosting hl2rp isn't a big deal really. It's so straight foward. It would not be a focus point of hgn but just another server which people who like hl2rp can go play on.

That also increases maintenance costs, Silver.
I'm almost certain you don't want that.

jaik

what maintenance cost?
he pays for a dedi server.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silver Knight

Quote from: Jake on 25-02-2011
what maintenance cost?
he pays for a dedi server.

He means updating, developing, staff hiring etc. There's alot of involvements when it comes to running a server. Let alone a roleplay server which has huge maintenance requirements.

Tom

Do not want a HL2RP server, Simply because last I checked if your not a CP, Or a rebel, your RP consists of being beaten to death and being shat on all the time. I mean if you do it more power to ya, but I would REALLY rather see a completed product of FORP first before HL2RP
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

nKe

I think hl2rp is cool...

Silver Knight

Quote from: Tom on 25-02-2011
Do not want a HL2RP server, Simply because last I checked if your not a CP, Or a rebel, your RP consists of being beaten to death and being shat on all the time. I mean if you do it more power to ya, but I would REALLY rather see a completed product of FORP first before HL2RP

If we do hl2rp you and others are not expected to play it. It would be there to provide those who do enjoy half life 2 roleplay somewhere to play. Anyway stay on topic. This is the fallout forum not the half life 2 forum. Discuss that elsewhere and stay on topic.

Tom

Do not bring up HL2RP whence discussing FORP then lol.

Anyway I hope FORP comes up pretty soon.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Ragolution

Quote from: Tom on 25-02-2011
Do not bring up HL2RP whence discussing FORP then lol.

Anyway I hope FORP comes up pretty soon.

Last I checked it was un-delayed.