Important Things To Remember When Playing FORP (New players, please read)

Started by Frostee, 18-03-2011

Frostee

REMEMBER THESE WHEN YOU RP!
I thought this would be a nice little thing for you folks and new players to know.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1) DO NOT PUNCH WHORE: Basically, just don't go around punching the air or random people, it is rather annoying to others and me, UNLESS you agree to have a fight with somebody.

2) DO NOT RANDOMLY SHOOT PEOPLE: Pretty self explanatory

3) DO NOT AVOID RP: What I mean is, don't just walk away when somebody is doing an action like: /me grabs you by the collar, and you should do something like: /me is grabbed by the man. So don't just run around like a mindless idiot after a /me is formed towards YOU.

4) DO NOT BUNNY HOP LIKE A FAGGOT: Which means, you don't just jump around to get somewhere like a rabbit, it makes you look dumb.

5) TRY NOT TO USE THINGS LIKE 'U' 'LOL' 'LUV' 'C' 'L8R' ECT. AND EMOTICONS (:D,XD, :), :(, :p) IC: Just do not use these because it is a serious roleplay, and we all want people to try and spell words right, and not use 'LOL' in IC chat, use OOC or LOOC (.// or [[ for LOOC)

6) DO NOT POWERGAME/MAKE GODLY CHARACTERS: Powergame is where you do something that would be basically impossible to do in real life, like running through a nuke and living. And for the godly characters, just don't make somebody who can survive 30,000 gun shots.

7) DO NOT METAGAME: Metagaming is where you use information you heard from OOC or SF to be used for purposes in game. For instance, you hear that the Enclave is going to attack in OOC, and you start rambling about how the Enclave are going to attack the city/camp and your character has no idea how he gained such knowledge.

8 ) DO NOT FUCK WITH THE ENCLAVE DAMNIT: Basically, just do not fuck with the Enclave, or they will mutilate your body and throw you to the mutants they have stored in their death camps...

9) BE ORIGINAL WHEN MAKING A NEW CHARACTER: Make a character that isn't from anything at all. For instance, don't make a Dean Domino, Gordon Freeman, Sam Fisher, Lara Croft, Alyx Vance, and other characters from movies/games.

10) DO NOT RUN INTO THE BoS BUNKER WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION: In about four words I will tell you what will happen: You will get shot.

11) IT'S JUST A GAME, KEEP YOUR COOL: Don't Get too Upset when things don't work out the best for you're character. Telling everyone how stupid the game is and how thats the shittiest luck ever, won't make you any friends.

12) NEED HELP WITH SOMETHING?: Ask one of the admins that are online. If it involves you being stuck, a question, problem with a player, or something else, ask an admin.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Post any suggestions you may have me add to this down below.
ALSO: RG4 gets credits for helping me with these

RanmaChan

I like this, especially rule number 8.  Everyone really needs to learn it.

Add rule number 10.  Don't fuck with the Brotherhood of Steel?   :P
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Spades_Neil

I approve of this.

Also, to those having name troubles, I recommend one of the following websites for names:

Random name generator
http://www.rinkworks.com/namegen/

Real name library
http://www.BehindTheName.com

Frostee

Quote from: RanmaChan on 18-03-2011
I like this, especially rule number 8.  Everyone really needs to learn it.

Add rule number 10.  Don't fuck with the Brotherhood of Steel?   :P
Added a BoS one for 10

RanmaChan

"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

RG4ORDR

er

Poopship