Heyya!

Started by dave4544, 09-01-2012

dave4544

Hey everybody, I'm new round these parts and just thought I'd give y'all an official "hello"! My RP is rusty but the thought of Fallout RPing was just too good to pass up. I'll cya all out in the wastes!

Frostee

Hai

And post in dem introduction threas

dave4544

Oops, sorry. I'm also having issues maintaining a stable connection. I keep losing connection to the VAC servers. Y'all wouldn't happen to have a spot I could ask about that would ya? You've no idea how frustrating it is to run up to someone, say "Hey, nice t'meetcha!" then get disconnected. 50 times. In 5 hours.

Snazzy

Quote from: dave4544 on 10-01-2012
Oops, sorry. I'm also having issues maintaining a stable connection. I keep losing connection to the VAC servers. Y'all wouldn't happen to have a spot I could ask about that would ya? You've no idea how frustrating it is to run up to someone, say "Hey, nice t'meetcha!" then get disconnected. 50 times. In 5 hours.

Hmm.... Try and move closer to your internet box if you use wireless. If you have a Wired version, try and Redo all the cables that connect the internet box. Thats what I do and I get crystal clear internet. Yea you asked me last night ingame "Hey what are you doing?" Remember I was on the tower. :/
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

Vortigoat

Well welcome, Glad to see you in the wastes :P

dave4544

So far I've tried port forwarding the standard steam ports on my router, adding gmod & steam to my firewall and antivirus exception lists, and hard wiring my PC into the router. The next step is bypassing the router altogether but that would expose my PC to the internet directly, which would mean I need MORE security, not less. If anybody knows any other ports that need to be forwarded, I'd greatly appreciate the help. The steam forums are proving useless.

Quote from: halokiller38 on 10-01-2012
Yea you asked me last night ingame "Hey what are you doing?" Remember I was on the tower. :/

That's pretty much exactly what I was referencing. By the way, did you... trip? It looked like you ragdolled into the tower. I lol'd, felt like I accidently snuck up on you.

Snazzy

Quote from: halokiller38 on 10-01-2012
Yea you asked me last night ingame "Hey what are you doing?" Remember I was on the tower. :/

That's pretty much exactly what I was referencing. By the way, did you... trip? It looked like you ragdolled into the tower. I lol'd, felt like I accidently snuck up on you.

No I fell off the pole with the /roll way.
I had my second chance and I selfishly blew it for petty revenge on people who didn't even deserve it. I abused Exile's trust in me and now I'm banned forever. :(

dave4544

Ah, that explains it. I been trying to connect to other servers round gmod and I'm still having issues with VAC, however TF2 servers don't seem to have the same problem. I blame garry.

Snazzy

Quote from: dave4544 on 11-01-2012
Ah, that explains it. I been trying to connect to other servers round gmod and I'm still having issues with VAC, however TF2 servers don't seem to have the same problem. I blame garry.

Try getting your Router/Adapter Updated. Call your cable people or whatever and ask them if you could upgrade or get help fixing your internet

dave4544

Updated the firmware on my router, still had the problem. (Sorry Brandy Brady, didn't mean to vanish mid chat.)

Guess I'll have to call my cable company.