FRP_CapitalWasteland

Started by Silver Knight, 08-12-2009

Ravanger

I am trying to stay on topic but hey Commanthe. I think we can put thoose guys in the people made groups you know. Since that is basiclly what they are. There not really a totally man faction. They are a more minor faction. But you got a point.

Fluffy

Quote from: Ravanger on 16-12-2009
I am trying to stay on topic but hey Commanthe. I think we can put thoose guys in the people made groups you know. Since that is basiclly what they are. There not really a totally man faction. They are a more minor faction. But you got a point.

Huh?

Elaborate.

Silver Knight

Just spent the 3 hours taking reference pics, im going to work on our own metro tunnel part.

The Metro Tunnels are going to contain general walkways, security room, toilets, 2 shops, subway train tunnels. There's probably going to be two entrances.

The shops should maybe hint someone wanting to open their own trading store, maybe ill consider some kind of protectocon in there, which asks for your ticket. But im still in need of that one with the animations...

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Fluffy

Quote from: Last Exile on 22-12-2009
Just spent the 3 hours taking reference pics, im going to work on our own metro tunnel part.

The Metro Tunnels are going to contain general walkways, security room, toilets, 2 shops, subway train tunnels. There's probably going to be two entrances.

The shops should maybe hint someone wanting to open their own trading store, maybe ill consider some kind of protectocon in there, which asks for your ticket. But im still in need of that one with the animations...

Fluffy's modeling powers, ACTIVATE!

Silver Knight

Small update, ive spent quite awhile playing around with textures, here's a few screenshots of the subway, the lighting isn't final, it will be much darker than that, and it's not HDR yet either.

Subway (Alpha 0.1)

Plunger

Do what they do in all the Fallout games. By that U mean add lots of Easter Eggs. Like some stalker references, or some HGN ones.

Fluffy

^

I would like that, Definatly

Silver Knight

Here's a update with the finished lighting and a few Fallout Models to spice it up, the brushwork isn't finished yet, im going to put metro parts around the edges of the large room, and maybe work on making a dome shaped roof like in the game, this is just the entrance area, ive still got to do the actual subway station part, including the built in shops, and several other rooms, including a big long tunnel which leads to a few maitinence corridors for the sub entrance/exit.

Subzero

Sounds awesome Dude, Nice job

Wellington

Lookin' good. I can't wait!

Fluffy

It looks realistic to Fallout 3, But most of the Tunnels to me were blue.

Just some of my 2 cents.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Fluffy on 25-12-2009
It looks realistic to Fallout 3, But most of the Tunnels to me were blue.

Just some of my 2 cents.

That's because of the lighting, im not sure i can recreate that properly, and on such a scale as this map will be, it won't be possible.

Silver Knight

Im going to optmise the ceilings for all corridors soon, i did one to show it off, i might change the texture to something else, but i think it looks pretty good, im almost done with the other walls too. here's the New Screenshots:

Bl★ck Star

Cool idea good luck making it ^^

ISPYUDIE

Looks awesome, can't wait.

Silver Knight

More screenshots, much more completed brushwork, and lighting, as well as better optimised textures:

Zombiehunta

Just a question, but, will this area be used for ghouls, raiders, or both?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Zombiehunta on 27-12-2009
Just a question, but, will this area be used for ghouls, raiders, or both?

Probably wastelanders,traders, hell anyone will be able to use it, im placing two shops down there too, so people can set up their own little store if they want, or maybe camp down there.

Zombiehunta

Ah, alright. Thanks.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

KingArthur

Nice map, and textures

GenX

I like the screenie with the map on it. Looks pretty wicked, can't wait to play.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." -Erica Jong

Verian

Looks really good. I can't wait to play my characters on it. :D Keep it up.

Sickness

Looks amazing so far, good job.
Rusty - Returned to the Zone

Eet Eet

If only I could help you guys out. If only I had my brothers awesome mapping skills the map would be 107% awesome when ready. Anyways keep up the good work.
To this day and beyond no one still knows "Who let the dogs out!"

Fluffy

Quote from: Eet Eet on 15-01-2010
If only I could help you guys out. If only I had my brothers awesome mapping skills the map would be 107% awesome when ready. Anyways keep up the good work.

Learn, Thats all I can tell you.