Fallout Roleplay Update [6/8/2011]

Started by jaik, 08-06-2011

jaik

Update

Canon
I was informed by Last.Exile that yet another "custom" canon won't populate our server. I have to agree with it, because new people are often confused by our current lore. Fallout 3 canon was proposed to avoid any confusion. I hope this won't cause any issues, but it's a necessary step if we want more regular players.

Factions
The current problem I see about using FO3 canon is that there are only two major factions ( Enclave and Brotherhood of Steel ). This makes the situation difficult, because wastelanders have no faction to turn to since both major factions are reluctant to take in outsiders.

I never came up with the location Fallout RP should take place at. It should be up to the player to vote for one region marked on the map above. You can specify the location if you want.
I will vote for New England, since we already had a lot of ideas planned for it.

I want to hear suggestions.
We will use some of the ideas I suggested in my older thread.

We will execute this change when Silver will get a new GFX card.

By the way, I won't count your vote if you won't post and explain why did you choose it.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Spades_Neil

New England. Doo eeet.

While I'd happily go for a D.C. Wasteland, we don't have any Gmod maps that remotely resemble such a thing.

Plus we'll have two more factions. The Minutemen Resistance and The Institute who are briefly mentioned in Fallout 3 coming from the Commonwealth.

Wolfinton

I already told you my reasons for voting New England. So I will not expand just yet.
Pink doesn't make me gay, it makes you homophobic.

meetdadoom

I liked the location that we were going to change to Massachuestes is original, and we can bring in some familiar faces such as the BoS and Encalve and new players will definatly be attracted to that. However, I still will not support the factions that were created.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Das_Uberman

Eastern, it would be cool to have like an urban ruins place. But I also understand that New York has some pretty open rural type areas, Hamptons anyone?

Tom

NEW ENGLAND! its where I am from, New Hampshire specifically, from a city called Manchester :3
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

R3BooT

NE. Mainly because that's what it was originally. It would also ICly increase the mutant population and make people fear travelling the wastes alone. Just like SRP how you shit yourself running from the bar to freedom.

Listen to this music to help you decide.

Epic Music Mix III - Immediate Music
funny gifs

lolKieck

NE, less work for you, Jake.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Dug

NE because of the reasons above.

Spades_Neil

NE because I live there. :D

Also since I'm TA now, I will personally found and lead the Minutemen Resistance.

Wolfinton

Quote from: Tom on 08-06-2011
NEW ENGLAND! its where I am from, New Hampshire specifically, from a city called Manchester :3

Bloody colonial fools, didn't think of naming placings, did they? New Hampshire? Manchester? New England? Not very creative! Just because they were English doesn't mean they should steal our city/area/county names! Bah!

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 08-06-2011

Also since I'm TA now, I will personally found and lead the Minutemen Resistance.

And I would freely found and lead the Enclave Troopers.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Wolfinton on 09-06-2011

While I don't know Jake's opinions on the matter, I do know that if you got such a position it'd be very easy to set up lots of pre-planned conflicts between the Minutemen and the Enclave that you and I would oversee.

Steven :D

Bloody colonial fools, didn't think of naming placings, did they? New Hampshire? Manchester? New England? Not very creative! Just because they were English doesn't mean they should steal our city/area/county names! Bah!

And I'm pretty sure I'd perfer someone who was already in the enclave and knows how it works, personally.

Wolfinton

Quote from: Steven :D on 09-06-2011

And I'm pretty sure I'd perfer someone who was already in the enclave and knows how it works, personally.

I was in the original Enclave. Granted, just a recruit but I was definetly in the faction before it was rid of.

Khorn

I was too, but I'd still vote for the always angry Paintcheck.

Steven :D

So was I, even though I was a Sergeant. I vote Paintcheck as well, if he'd like to return.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Khorn on 09-06-2011

Seeing this thread made me more angry than I usually am (which takes effort these days).

FO3 canon? Really?

I just facepalmed so hard my head is now flat.

lolKieck

Quote from: Paintcheck on 10-06-2011

Seeing this thread made me more angry than I usually am (which takes effort these days).

FO3 canon? Really?

Canon < Players
Why bother making canon when you have nearly no players (on the server too) who played FO1 and FO2 ?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Poopship

FO3 canon? Really?

Don't worry, my head is flat too..

Paintcheck

Quote from: lolKieck on 12-06-2011

FO3 canon? Really?

Canon < Players
Why bother making canon when you have nearly no players (on the server too) who played FO1 and FO2 ?

Because some of us only played on FO because it wasn't like the 99 billion other FO servers with the retarded Fo3/NV canon. I liked the FO2 style BoS and Enclave better because they aren't "Good vs evil" but rather more subtle. FO3 threw that out the window.

jaik

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-06-2011
Quote from: lolKieck on 12-06-2011

FO3 canon? Really?

Canon < Players

Because some of us only played on FO because it wasn't like the 99 billion other FO servers with the retarded Fo3/NV canon. I liked the FO2 style BoS and Enclave better because they aren't "Good vs evil" but rather more subtle. FO3 threw that out the window.

You're wrong. Enclave and BoS were always at war and our canon is a tad different than FO3's.

Paintcheck

I didn't say they weren't.

Contrast the BoS in FO3 with the BoS in FO2 (or even in NV). The BoS in Fo3 are "the good guys" they are altruistic towards wastelanders while the Enclave is evil.

Look at FO2 and (to some extent) NV. The BoS are not "good", they have their own goals and ambitions that don't involve sucking off wastelanders. The Enclave also have their own shit to be doing but they aren't pure evil either (yes they still kill wastelanders but in FO3 they are portrayed as being sadistic about it), there is more a method to their madness.

jaik

Quote from: Paintcheck on 12-06-2011
I didn't say they weren't.

Contrast the BoS in FO3 with the BoS in FO2 (or even in NV). The BoS in Fo3 are "the good guys" they are altruistic towards wastelanders while the Enclave is evil.

Look at FO2 and (to some extent) NV. The BoS are not "good", they have their own goals and ambitions that don't involve sucking off wastelanders. The Enclave also have their own shit to be doing but they aren't pure evil either (yes they still kill wastelanders but in FO3 they are portrayed as being sadistic about it), there is more a method to their madness.

Neither BoS nor Enclave will act exactly like they do in FO3.
BoS is sent here to take Institute's technology. They didn't come here to save anyone. Although they are neutral/friendly with wastelanders.
Enclave members will obviously take inspiration from FO2 (because that's the only game where they actually speak) for their characters.