FALLOUT Roleplay: Information Thread

Started by Silver Knight, 27-12-2009

Silver Knight

FALLOUT Roleplay: Information Thread

HGN Fallout History Run down

HGN was one of the first communties to attempt FALLOUT Roleplay in garrysmod, but at the time, little to no content was around, so we abandoned the idea and later attempted Half Life 2 Roleplay instead.

Location and Timeperiod:

The Time Period is 2260, between Fallout 2 (2241) and Fallout 3 (2277) games, the location is still to be decided, but we will most likely choose to be further east of the capital wasteland.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Steel

Nice one, i guess we have to be eastern wasteland, due to the factions we have involved, such as the outcasts, and im sure talon company are from east aswell

Zombiehunta

I understand this, but this leaves me with question to what the Enclave are likely to be. Yes, they possibly were hidden all around the country, but with no main base, and no offical HQ (Posiden Tanker is gone, Raven Rock might not be offical yet), what will happen? Also, the BoS would be relatively weak, because this is only 5 years after arrival in the Capital Wasteland.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Aznpunk77

I think the Brotherhood at the current time would be stronger or around equal to the 2277 equivalent. They'd have less deserters, wouldn't be too strained from the super mutant onslaught and have more supplies, most of which are probably used up in 2277.

Zombiehunta

Well, primarly all the Outcasts left at the same time, but you are right. I didn't think of it that way, I was more thinking of them setting up defences, but they are not at the Citadel. They would have more supplies because they haven't been cut off from the west for twenty or so years yet.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S. Thompson, A.K.A. Gonzo.

Sakna

I hope this isn't shitty like past falloutrp servers, where it is completly unrelated to fallout and all of the guns are css guns and the characters are cat men and pink tampons.

Zombiehunta

....Did the previous Fallout server fail that much? Wow....what the hell.

Afromana

Quote from: Zombiehunta on 29-12-2009
....Did the previous Fallout server fail that much? Wow....what the hell.
I belive he's talking about OTHER servers, not our previous one
(PS: I led the previous one >:( )

Zombiehunta

Sorry. I didn't know how it was, and believed he was talking about the previous one. Sorry, Afro.

Doublethink

Jeeze this is not gonna be lore friendly at all is it?
Im a fucking fallout junkie and some of the things you are putting are very failtastic. Vault 142? Vault 188? Talon Company outside of the Capital Wasteland? No.

Even though there IS a bunch of fail in the lore, Im looking forward to this server and will RP regardless of the shit story created by someone who has obviously never played Fallout 1 or 2.

Paintcheck

Awful harsh words. This being RP some things are going to have to be changed/made up to make it fun for the players. The spirit of the games is there, even if it's not entirely to the letter canon. What's your brilliant idea for setting/time period if this one is so bad?

Zombiehunta

I actually had a few ideas that made us so we didn't have to follow a large amount of guidlines. Base it in 2279, the Enclave are what's left, etc. It would be easier, for we could make our own rules for what happens next. Also, it should be out of Virginia, so there isn't too many things that need to be the same.

Plunger

Quote from: Zombiehunta on 30-12-2009
I actually had a few ideas that made us so we didn't have to follow a large amount bof guidlines. Base it in 2279, the Enclave are what's left, etc. It would be easier, for we could make our own rules for what happens next. Also, it should be out of Virginia, so there isn't too many things that need to be the same.
What I've been trying to say. Let's be original, and it's easier to base it where we can make shit up.

Paintcheck

Silver Knight

We want to keep it Cannon, but also design it around how we want it to be, creative yet still on the storyline. Canon often ruins roleplays, as it gets linear, you only need to take one look at Hl2 Roleplay to see that.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Zombiehunta

Yes, but more freedom, of story and setting gives many more options. In 2060, the Enclave hadn't even re-emerged again yet.

Doublethink

GenX

I can't wait for this to come out, I'm a big fan of fallout 3 so this idea is going to be amazing.
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't." -Erica Jong

Fluffy

Trying to keep the Canon and still giving freedom is kindof hard to do, But I think we will manage. Hopefully it doesn't fall into the rut like HL2 RP does.

This RP will Own.

Outline

Tinter

There's a timeline here: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline
And just so you know it, fallout 3 was in 2277. Also remember the brotherhood of steels original mission was actually to collect the technology, but the outcasts were formed 2776. I hope it will be good.

Aresty

Fallout RP it would be nice.. There are some few Fallout RP servers, But they are empty.. Meh.

meetdadoom

you should bring some of the tribes back from fallout tactics and the BAD ASS dread locks looking armor from fallout tactics (based in chicago)

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

jesper25

Zombiehunta

I'd prefer tribes, but since, and it has been stated multiple times, we are doing a place near the Capital Wasteland, they probably won't happen.