Fallout: New England, FORP's grand reopening

Started by Spades_Neil, 04-10-2011

Frostee

Quote from: Plunger on 09-10-2011
People asking for a Post-Apoc RP with lots of backstory, and something to make the children stay away?

I'll just leave this here.

Saw the movie, was pretty good.

And Plunger is right, think up something of an apocalypse that will not make it FORP.

Paintcheck

Why do you all have such hard-ons for post apocalyptic shit? There's 9000 other Gmod servers all running that.

Frostee

Quote from: Paintcheck on 09-10-2011
Why do you all have such hard-ons for post apocalyptic shit? There's 9000 other Gmod servers all running that.
BOOM, four words for next RP gaiz that is supa originalz: HARRY FUCKING POTTER ROLEPLAY. Brilliant? No.

Khorn

I enjoy other settings too Paint, but Half Life 2 content is best set for city life or post apocalyptic crap.

I enjoy other settings for other games. I mean, I play Age of Conan, City of Heroes, and Fallen Earth.

On GMod, Post Apoc seems more fitting with the built in content, and since most kids love that kind of shit, you can find more content for it.

As for a suggestion, Mad Max.

Mr. Pink

Mad Max and The Road are both personal favorites of mine, and as such, I'd support either.
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.

meetdadoom

People asking for a Post-Apoc RP with lots of backstory, and something to make the children stay away?

I'll just leave this here.

That is a really good book. It is really really really sad. My dad read it and he said for a whole week he got nightmares about it.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Tom

Could just not do Post-Apoc at all and do a Sci-fi thing either based on a planet or in space. Make it so that the players HAVE to read the cannon in order to know what the fuck is going on.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khorn

Making people forced to do reading won't work. Most of GMod players can't be arsed to do that.

Though, it would weed out the idiots.

Plunger

Quote from: Tom on 09-10-2011
Could just not do Post-Apoc at all and do a Sci-fi thing either based on a planet or in space. Make it so that the players HAVE to read the cannon in order to know what the fuck is going on.
Desertia?

jaik

Desertia?

god no
no

still better than falloutrp
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Plunger

Quote from: Jake on 09-10-2011
Desertia?

god no
no

still better than falloutrp
It was a joke.

INA7HAN

Please tell me if this has been done before. Aliens RP (As in the film with sigourny weaver in) it will bring in fans of the films and could work with lots of fear rp. Also this idea would bring in spaceship maps and planet maps so it has lots of variety. There can be apps for different roles like using heavey weapons like the smartgun or flamethrowers. And this could not be all "GAME OVER MAN GAME OVER" the colonial marines can be stationed on ships in bases etc doing passive rp before missions. The aliens can maybe be just NPC's with some admins or people that apply for it playing as aliens as well. It could work a bit like EC's sstrp with admin dependant missions/events and inbetween being passive rp to devolop your character. That's just my idea though if you like it support it if you don't ok it is your opinion which everyone is entitled to.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

lolKieck

Why are we talking about making a new RP server?
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Duranblackraven

We don't need a Starship Troopers RP. And with that, get back on topic and stop derailing this thread.

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 10-10-2011
We don't need a Starship Troopers RP. And with that, get back on topic and stop derailing this thread.

I was an admin on a SST RP server... Passive RP is much more difficult to do on those than on FORP. Plus, I was so busy managing the events I had no time to RP or develop my characters. And, unfortunately, events are what drive forward the plot in SSTRP...
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.