Enclave Code of Conduct ((OOC and IC Rules here))

Started by Paintcheck, 05-07-2010

Paintcheck

Soldiers of this unit are required to adhere to this Code of Conduct at all times. Failure to do so is punishable by Court Martial and those found guilty of violations will be punished severely.

NOTE: If the Commanding Officer is not available, substitute "Ranking Officer" in every Article.

Appearance

-Each Soldier will wear their proper uniform at all times while at their Duty Stations.
-Each Soldier is responsible for maintaining his or her body and hygiene to the best of his or her ability.
-No Facial Hair. Hair may not fall past any soldier's shoulders.
-Equipment will be maintained. It is each Soldier's responsibility to ensure that their personal gear is always in perfect working order and clean.
-Soldiers will not modify their issued gear in any way without authorization from their Commanding Officer and Armorer. This includes painting, engraving, or otherwise defacing weapons, Power Armor, or any other piece of equipment.

Battlefield Conduct

-Soldiers will follow the Chain of Command at all times.
-Soldiers may not abandon their duty or "go off-duty" without their Commanding Officer's consent.
-Soldiers will not leave their assigned patrol sector without their Commanding Officer's consent
-Soldiers will not cause more damage than necessary to complete any objective. This includes collateral damage as well as casualties.
-No soldier shall rape, torture, or abuse Prisoners.

Personal Conduct

-Soldiers will stand at attention and salute in the presence of any higher-ranked personnel.
-Soldiers will refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol while at their Duty Stations.
-Soldiers will refrain from using any sort of narcotic or drugs at all times.
-Soldiers will address higher-ranked personnel as "Sir" or "Ma'am" unless instructed by said personnel to do otherwise
-Soldiers will refrain from fraternizing with higher-ranked personnel or members of the opposite sex while at their Duty Stations.

Base Conduct

-Soldiers will not vandalize or misuses base facilities
-At least two soldiers should maintain Base Security at all times
-Due to the sensitive nature of our mission, unauthorized personnel found in or around the base's perimeter are to be neutralized either by apprehension or by lethal force.
-Any Prisoners are to be interrogated professionally ((Meaning no wanton torture)). If they do not cooperate, kill them.

OOC Rules
The IC Code of Conduct is there as an IC rule thing. Breaking an IC rule results in an IC punishment. Breaking these OOC rules results in OOC punishments.

1. NO BEING FRIENDLY WITH WASTELANDERS PERIOD. We are the Enclave. We hate irradiated people, we see them as less than human. Granted the FEV projects and all that genocidal research hasn't fully happened yet (that comes in FO2 like 6 years after this server takes place) but still.
2. The Enclave are professional soldiers, pretty much the ONLY professional soldiers left in the waste. Act accordingly. That means you don't take bribes, you don't act as double agents, you don't sell secrets to wastelanders, you certainly don't rob them, extort them, rape them, or anything like that. We are not the STALKER military.
--To clarify a bit: You can bend this rule a little in some regards BUT if you get caught ICly doing some of this stuff (mostly being extra nice to wastelanders) you WILL be kicked out the Enclave and possibly banned from the server. We need to stay in canon for the Enclave to function. I will be a little more lax about raping/pillaging wastelanders since I could see that feasibly happening in a setting like Fallout but you really should really act professional.
3. Shoot people. A lot. No this is not a blank check to DM the fuck out of everyone you see but at the same time we need to build a reputation as being scary and really dangerous to be anywhere near. I'm fine with the occasional Wastelander living to tell about us but at the same time if they come NEAR the base you do not just tell them "Get out or I shoot". They don't get the luxury of a warning. You drag their ass inside and make them regret the day they were born or you kill them. Period. I don't want minges climbing all over our base.
4. Don't raid people. Please. It gets tiring for people to get raided over and over and over again. We are likely going to be very well equipped from the start. Do not abuse that by making life hell for other players on the server. We are going to be more defensive than offensive at the start. If any foolish idiots want to bring the fight to us, fuck them up, but do not go on rampages through towns without my approval.