Deathclaw / Robot donator flags

Started by Spades_Neil, 18-12-2011

Spades_Neil

Now, it's not yet implemented, but I know it's something I'd like to see. In order for it to come about though I know there must be demand for it. Therefore, I'll host a poll.

They'd be Tier 3 Donator Flags, so $100.

Vote above.

assassin8909

Hopefully they can be added when i donate on christmas :D.

Pepsigod

Personally I think the whole pay to role play thing is dumb, everything you have to pay for should simply just be authorized by the admins, besides I see admins role playing these things already and I'm sure some of them haven't donated a penny.

Steven :D

Quote from: Pepsigod on 18-12-2011
Personally I think the whole pay to role play thing is dumb, everything you have to pay for should simply just be authorized by the admins, besides I see admins role playing these things already and I'm sure some of them haven't donated a penny.
Especially if you already donated for other servers.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Pepsigod on 18-12-2011

90% of admins have donated, but I do see your point.

I would like it if it was also authorized by an admin. But most admins do it for good reasons and not just "OH I WANNA ROLEPLAY THIS."

Most likely for events or roleplay atmosphere.

ON TOPIC:

I wouldn't donate 100$ for it. I'd only roleplay it if I could be an intelligent (yes intelligent deathclaws do exist) deathclaw.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Caso

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 18-12-2011

I wouldn't donate 100$ for it. I'd only roleplay it if I could be an intelligent (yes intelligent deathclaws do exist) deathclaw.

If Deathclaws are implemented then this is EXACTLY what I am gonna play.
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Caso on 18-12-2011

And I'd allow it.

Personally I'd love to play as a Sentry Bot. I've been RPing as one by using my admin powers, but I've been improvising. The animations work fine. However, I can't turn for some reason, so every time I want my model to change direction I must press /animturn to do so.

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 18-12-2011
Quote from: Caso on 18-12-2011

And I'd allow it.

Personally I'd love to play as a Sentry Bot. I've been RPing as one by using my admin powers, but I've been improvising. The animations work fine. However, I can't turn for some reason, so every time I want my model to change direction I must press /animturn to do so.
I thought you just said Donator Only. Because if its Donator Only then fuck that, I would only want to play as one if I don't have to pay 100 just so I can be a robot.

HitMan5523

I have a feeling that the deathclaws are going to be very OP
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Storm_Shield

I would play as both of them but people seems to not want that, I say make it so you have to apply for it, Only a idea.
I'm back from the dead...

D33tly

I would like them both but there are flaws in this idea:

Powergaming assholes with money - They would pay the $100 and just start powergaming with a deathclaw and have an excuse saying "But deathclaws are one of the most powerful mutants out there."

Robot slaughterhouse - People could make a robot, then just kill think and since robots down feel pain they dont pain RP for shit.

And finally one of the biggest problems i can see here (Since it sometimes happens on SRP with bloodsuckers and shit)
Backseat admin powers - They would become backseat admins and when a wild RDM'er appears instead of call and admin / save logs he will go deathclaw / robot and murder him and then a shitstorm will be brewing above the server.

Just some flaws to point out.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: D33tly on 19-12-2011

Powergaming assholes with money - They would pay the $100 and just start powergaming with a deathclaw and have an excuse saying "But deathclaws are one of the most powerful mutants out there."

Robot slaughterhouse - People could make a robot, then just kill think and since robots down feel pain they dont pain RP for shit.

And finally one of the biggest problems i can see here (Since it sometimes happens on SRP with bloodsuckers and shit)
Backseat admin powers - They would become backseat admins and when a wild RDM'er appears instead of call and admin / save logs he will go deathclaw / robot and murder him and then a shitstorm will be brewing above the server.

Despite donations, we'll still deal with them as we would any other player when it comes to rules. People have been banned by abusing their donator flags before.

D33tly

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 20-12-2011

Despite donations, we'll still deal with them as we would any other player when it comes to rules. People have been banned by abusing their donator flags before.
Sounds good, i'm spending all my x-mas money on this! Will be worth it. Also shouldn't you be fixing the spawn for experienced bandit / merc flags? They are still broken (I think)

assassin8909

They are still broken.

I'm not donating again for Crussaria AND FORP.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: D33tly on 20-12-2011

Sounds good, i'm spending all my x-mas money on this! Will be worth it. Also shouldn't you be fixing the spawn for experienced bandit / merc flags? They are still broken (I think)

They are, BUT I will personally supply you if I know you donated.

Tier 1 - 3 get weapons matching their tier. This is how I usually do it:

Tier 1
Raider: Weak raider armor, 9mm SMG or hunting shotgun.
Bandit: Trench Coat, 9mm SMG or hunting rifle, combat knife.
Mercenary: Mercenary Outfit, 9mm SMG and 1000 caps to do whatever.
Ghoul: Basic wastelander starting gear and 2000 caps (because ghouls can't make paychecks).
Feral Ghoul: (Nothing special, you just get this flag)

Tier 2
Raider: Strong raider armor, Tier 1 Raider weapons or a Combat Shotgun and any Melee weapon.
Bandit: Militia armor, Tier 1 10mm SMG or a shotgun and 10mm Pistol, plus the combat knife.
Mercenary: Combat armor, Tier 1 weapons or an assault rifle and 10mm Pistol, plus combat knife again and 2000 caps.
Ghoul: 10mm SMG or hunting shotgun, and a 10mm pistol plus other wastelander starting gear.
Feral Ghoul: (Nothing special, you just get this flag)
Super Mutant: Any ballistic weapon except SVD or Marksman Rifle plus an axe or sledgehammer.

Tier 3
Raider: Strong raider armor, any ballistic weapon except SVD or Marksman rifle, and any melee weapon.
Bandit: Metal Armor, any ballistic weapon except SVD plus a side-arm and combat knife.
Mercenary: Non-faction Power Armor, any ballistic weapon except SVD plus a side-arm and combat knife and 3000 caps.
Ghoul: Any ballistic weapon except SVD plus a side-arm and any melee weapon. Oh, and I'll let you be a Glowing One.
Feral Ghoul: You can be a Glowing One.
Super Mutant: Any ballistic weapon except SVD or any laser weapon plus any melee weapon.

nKe

IMO
Tier3 should not have any kind of powerarmors...
but since you're giving them PA... Is it Salvaged?
Or can you purchase PA training with real money?

+ Shouldn't donating for caps equal with gear received with flags?
I mean:
60$ = 10'000 Caps.
100$ = T3 merc.
T3 merc has Powerarmor (around 30'000, counting on Blake's event.), non-SVD ballistic (Carbine, usually. Around 2'000 caps), Katana (700 caps) + 3000 caps.

100$ = Around 35'000 caps worth of equipment.

"To not unbalance the game"
...Yeah.

assassin8909

The Power Armor IS Salvaged Power Armor.