Brotherhood of Steel - Std. Membership Applications

Started by Ragolution, 12-12-2010

Ragolution

Brotherhood Applications are still open.

Lower ranks are now accepted more openly.
The lockdown is over.
I wont scrutinize so much over applications.
Required length has been reduced.

YOU STILL MUST INCLUDE YOUR INTIATION (if applicable), YOUR PROVING (if applicable), YOUR PROMOTIONS (if applicable) AND YOUR SELECTION FOR THE JOURNEY (If applicable.)

Maxi96203

Because this is probably never going to be approved, i'm gonna pass on being a BoS member.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Ragolution

Quote from: Maxi96203 on 05-03-2011
Because this is probably never going to be approved, i'm gonna pass on being a BoS member.

Wait, you had an open application?

Edit: There's a lot of stuff I don't like in your application. I'll have to grade it today, eventually.
Don't give up hope.

Nova

OOC Name: G-Man
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30919056
Time with HGN: Almost a year.
Time Roleplaying: Overall, about 2 years. In HGN, about a year.
Primary Language: Danish
Reason you want to join: Because I think Brotherhood of Steel is awesome...

In Character Name: Matthew Wilson
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Applied Rank: Initiate
Blood Type: AB-
Appearance:
Backstory:
Early years
Michael was born on march 30, 2209 in Ohio, in the ruins of Springfield. When he was born, he like most other kids, were born kicking, screaming and smeared in blood and slime. When he was born, he was born apparently healthy and with no deceases. Something that relieved both his father and mother.

As Matthew grew up in Springfield, which was a decently town by that time, he developed a strong liking to history. As there was a library in Springfield, Matthew were able to find a few books, although most of they destroyed. However he were able to find two books that were in decent state. They were clearly pre-war, as both of them were written in 2070. In them, lots and lots of details depicted how the life in the USA was before the nuclear holocaust (although Matthew doesn't know about the nuclear holocaust).

Teenage years
Through his years, Matthew studied more and more history for every day that passed. Matthew's father, Michael Wilson, was a "seasoned" hunter in Springfield. He would always go hunting for mole rats with a few other people. Because of this, Michael wanted to see his son follow in his footsteps. He wanted Matthew to become a hunter just like himself, so he could carry on the tradition.
Matthew however, disagreed with this. He said that studying was just as important, as it might prove valuable one day. Michael and Matthew would often argue with one another, about whether Matthew should become a hunter or not. One day however, everything changed.

Matthew's mother passed, after having eaten some rotten and poisoned mole rat meat. Matthew mourned his mother for many months, until he realised that all that he had left now, was his studies and father.
Matthew agreed with his father to go hunting with him, although he said that didn't mean he would become a hunter. Michael was satisfied with this, and took Matthew on a few hunts. Eventually, Matthew knew how to wield a hunting rifle without problems.

Early adult life
A few years after his mother had passed away, Matthew's father said that he would retire from hunting. He wished for Matthew to follow in his footsteps, not only to carry on the tradition, but also as a memory-ish to his mother. Feeling unsure, Matthew told his father that he would think about it, coming up with a final decision in a few days.
However days grew to months, and months eventually grew to a full year. At the age of 18 now, Matthew felt that he could whatever he wanted by now, and didn't have to do as his father told him. Matthew ultimately told him that he would continue his studies rather than go hunting. Needless to say, his father became upset and furious this.

Adult life
When Michael had turned 26, almost 27, he told his father that he would go exploring the world. Matthew's father said that it was stupid, and that he would get himself killed. Matthew disagreed with this, and said that he would go explore, despite what his father may say. Michael became extremely furious, and told him Matthew that he didn't wished to see him anymore, and would tell everyone that he had no. Michael said that Matthew was dead to him.
One night, while his father was sleeping, Matthew snuck into his bedroom and took his hunting rifle from a table. He also made sure to grab some ammunition, before heading out in the night.

Meeting the Brotherhood of Steel
After having traveled a few days, Matthew started to think about if this was such a good idea after all. Having only met a few merchant on his path aswell as the numerous mole rats, Matthew started to run low on both ammunition aswell as water. Things that were vital in the harsh wasteland.
One day, Matthew came about a small, desolated town. Matthew started to look around it, looking for people. Matthew was shocked when he couldn't find anything but corpses of the deceased, he instead started to look for anything that could help him.
After having searched the entire town, Matthew had only found a single bottle of water. Feeling more and more alone aswell and scared, Matthew started to seriously return to Springfield. Arguing with his father was better than dying.

Matthew continued on a little. After a few hours walk, he came across of what appeared to have been a caravan. There was nothing but the equipment that had bee carried. Matthew started to approach the equipment, when he suddenly heard some sounds behind a rock. Starting to feel a chill down his back, he loaded the rifle and pointed it towards the rock. He muttered out the words "Som- someone there?".
Matthew continued to approach the rock, when suddenly a bunch of huge scorpions emerged from behind it. Matthew was filled fear, and started to back away. However, the scorpions started to run towards him. Matthew quickly turned around and started a mad dash to escape with his life.
After a couple of minutes of pursuit, and the scorpions not giving up, Matthew saw something up on a nearby road. He started to run towards it. As he got closer, he began to see the figures of humans, although they appeared quite bulky in their appearance.

When Matthew had almost reached the road, the humans turned towards him and raised their weapons at him. They yelled at him, telling him not to approach any further. Matthew yelled back, while still running, that he was being chased. Within a moment notice, the humans also noticed the scorpions and started to open fire on them, shooting right over Matthew's head. Matthew quickly jumped to the ground, covering his head with his arms as the firing continued. Only when it was completely silent, he dared stand back up.

Matthew looked back at what used to be the scorpions. He let out a relieved sigh and turned around to thank the others, when he had a gun stuck up his face. Yet again, Matthew felt a chill down his back. The humans were clad in bulky suits, with helmets completely covering their faces. One of them started to talk to Matthew:
"Who are you? Don't you know how dangerous it can be to wander alone?"
Unable to answer the question, the only thing Matthew could say was "Don't kill me..."
Another one of the humans started to approach Matthew, telling the other one to lower his weapon. He did so, and took a step back. The other human took his place and he too, started to talk to Matthew.
"As my friend asked. Who are you?"
Matthew still being quite nervous, muttered out an answer, stumbling on the words:
"My name... well uh, well my name is uh... my na- name i- is Matthe- Matthew Wilson..."
"I see. And what do you do here, Matthew Wilson?"
"I'm... I'm just exploring... I just wanted to, see the outside world..."
"Mhm. Well, as you can see, it's a dangerous place. Filled with monsters that will kill you one sight, and in a moments notice."
Matthew tries to smile, but fail horribly, as he is still scared from the event.
"Well, uhm... if you don't mind me, er, asking... who are you people?"
"We. We are the Brotherhood of Steel. We're devoted to find lost technology to help humanity to once again rebuild our nation."
"Well, uh... I guess, that makes sense."
"For us, it does."
Once again, Matthew tries to pull smile on his lips, but as before, fails.
After the brief conversation, Matthew ask if he can come along. At first the Brotherhood of Steel members feel unsure, but decides that he can tag along, although they warn him about the consequences if he tries to trick them. Matthew completely understand it.

After about an hours walk, Matthew along with the others, approach a base of some sort. It's the Brotherhood of Steel base. The members invites him inside, while having their weapons raised at him. Matthew starts to get nervous and starts to think about what they might do to him. The Brotherhood brings him down to a chamber. They tell him to get inside. Matthew steps inside, only to get pushed in the back by one of members. Matthew falls over, and the member laughs and closes the door behind him.
Matthew get's back on his feet and looks around. He suddenly notices a man looking at him. Matthew freezes in place, unsure about what to do. The man starts to walk around and ask the same questions as the other Brotherhood of Steel members asked.

After a long talk with the man, who turns out to be some sort "recruiter", Matthew expresses that he wish to join. The man at first laughs at this, but after listening to what Matthew know, he started to consider it. However, the man could decide whether he should be sent out or stay and study...

[/b]

Comments:
Well, not my best writing. Really, this actually sucks. But it's the best I can come up with. And also, the reason why I applied as Initiate/Scribe, is pretty much because I think my character fits in with both of them. So I'm pretty much letting you decide, which one of them I should be (if it's allowed to do it like that, and if I'm even accepted).

Ragolution

Quote from: Nova on 09-03-2011
OOC Name: G-Man (MathiasGrote)
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30919056
Time with HGN: Almost a year.
Time Roleplaying: Overall, about 2 years. In HGN, about a year.
Primary Language: Danish (although I speak English almost fluently).
Reason you want to join: Because I think Brotherhood of Steel is awesome...

In Character Name: Matthew Wilson
Applied Rank: Initiate/Scribe
Blood Type: AB-

TERRIBLE. DO IT OVER.

Currently reading, don't fret.

Ragolution

Real comments: Your english isn't great, but I can read it and that's what counts.

Your biggest issue is possessive Proper Nouns.

Dropping my former grading criterion, since you're a foreigner....

I'd say

Pass

Accepted as Junior Scribe.

Maxi96203

I'll re-do my application

Done.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Ragolution

Ragolution

deluxulous

I also don't think I'm going to improve my application any, I have a full plate as it is. I also don't know a ton about the BoS proving; so I just kind of BS'ed my way through it. Sorry for not posting this earlier, I almost forgot FORP even existed.

Ragolution

Quote from: PistolKid on 10-03-2011
I also don't think I'm going to improve my application any, I have a full plate as it is. I also don't know a ton about the BoS proving; so I just kind of BS'ed my way through it. Sorry for not posting this earlier, I almost forgot FORP even existed.

In such a case...

Approved as Apprentice.

Ragolution

Applications are now RE-OPENED

The only apply-able ranks are now:

INITIATE
JUNIOR INITIATE

Archangel94

OOC Name: Archangel
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2208059
Time with HGN: One to three months
Time Roleplaying: Three or four years
Primary Language: Norwegian
Reason you want to join: When i was playing the Fallout games, i have allways wanted to join the Brotherhood of steel, allways thought they wore very cool.

In Character Name: Adrian Ranger
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Applied Rank:Scribe/Initate
Blood type:AB
Appearance:

Backstory: Adrian was born in Ohio in the year 2202, raised alone with his mother, his father was gone, either drunk or out for adventure. In the age of 18 Adrian left his mother to start to make a living.

Not long ago he was out in the middle of nowhere, he found an old building and he thought it was a good idea to look around for anything of value. while he was busy looking through a pile of scrap, he was attacked by a radscorpion queen, the only thing he could do was to flee, he had a pistol without any ammunition, when he came outside he saw a group of people in power armor, they rescued him from certin death with their laser rifles. When the fight with the scorpion was over he thanked them for the help, he asked if he could follow them to their base for some rest, they wore uncertain of what the should anwser but, after a while they said it was okay.

When they arrived to their base he was met by the elder of the base, the elder was abit curious why i was brought to their base, Adrian answered he was tierd of a long travel through the waste and he was rescued by them.

The next day he was brought into a room where the elder sat with some papers around him, he told Adrian to sit down, he started to ask many questions about his backstory, if he had met other members of the brotherhood. Adrian answered the best he could, after two hours of endless questioning, the elder said "Welcome to the brotherhood".

Ragolution

Quote from: Archangel94 on 11-03-2011
OOC Name: Archangel
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2208059
Time with HGN: One to three months
Time Roleplaying: Three or four years
Primary Language: Norwegian
Reason you want to join: When i was playing the Fallout games, i have allways wanted to join the Brotherhood of steel, allways thought they wore very cool.

In Character Name: Adrian Ranger
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Applied Rank:Scribe/Initate
Blood type:AB
Appearance:

Backstory: Adrian was born in Ohio in the year 2202, raised alone with his mother, his father was gone, either drunk or out for adventure. In the age of 18 Adrian left his mother to start to make a living.

Not long ago he was out in the middle of nowhere, he found an old building and he thought it was a good idea to look around for anything of value. while he was busy looking through a pile of scrap, he was attacked by a radscorpion queen, the only thing he could do was to flee, he had a pistol without any ammunition, when he came outside he saw a group of people in power armor, they rescued him from certin death with their laser rifles. When the fight with the scorpion was over he thanked them for the help, he asked if he could follow them to their base for some rest, they wore uncertain of what the should anwser but, after a while they said it was okay.

When they arrived to their base he was met by the elder of the base, the elder was abit curious why i was brought to their base, Adrian answered he was tierd of a long travel through the waste and he was rescued by them.

The next day he was brought into a room where the elder sat with some papers around him, he told Adrian to sit down, he started to ask many questions about his backstory, if he had met other members of the brotherhood. Adrian answered the best he could, after two hours of endless questioning, the elder said "Welcome to the brotherhood".

Hate it.

Accepted

Initiate.

Frostee

OOC Name: |HGN| FrostyFrosty
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921714
Time with HGN: I registered somewhere in July, stopped like a month or two later, and started back up again in January to now
Time Roleplaying: Before I got Garry's Mod, I roleplayed on a lot of games, so it may have a two or one years
Primary Language: English
Reason you want to join: The main reason why I would like to join, is because it will give me something to do on the server, and it will be a decently fun learning experience

In Character Name: Mason Harlow
Applied Rank: Apprentice
Blood Type: A+
Appearance:

Backstory:   Mason Harlow was born on August 15th, 2207 in Ohio. As a teen, Mason was always a quiet boy, never wanted to be around people or make friends, so he was a bit of a loner. After Mason got older, his parents died by natural causes, so  he went out and wandered the wastes, selling things he scavenged. In his time in the wastes, he gained a liking to technology and laser weapons, in which he scavenged from pesky raiders. Once in awhile he came across the occasional mutated animals animals, raiders and ghouls, but they were not hard to kill, due to the fact Mason has scavenged many weapons, including his favorite laser rifle, in which he named "Athena".

While Mason's wandering, he came across a group of people called the "Brotherhood of Steel". He has heard about them in towns, but never really met them. When he first came up to the Brotherhood, they told him to go away. Mason had listened to the command because his father always to told him listening can lead to great things. After he left, he heard the sounds of lasers go off. He looked back, and saw radscorpians attacking the Brotherhood. Mason thought that they could handle it, but then he realized that the Brotherhood may need help, so he set his stuff down in a nearby ditch, and got out "Athena" and went straight over to help. He started to blast the mutants, and eventually most of them died, thanks to the Brotherhood support as well. Soon, he heard the sound of more laser shots after the remaining Brotherhood went to check on the wounded and dead. Mason ran over to the sound of the shots, which were coming from the Elder's command tent. He went inside and saw that the Elder was being attacked by a remaining radscorpian. Mason aimed and blasted the radscorpian, killing it. The Elder was pleased of the rescue, and asked if he could do anything to repay him and his men. Mason first asked what his name was and he said it was Elder Dedlen. Mason also asked him if he could join the Brotherhood. Dedlen hesitated, and then said the answer Mason wanted to hear, which was yes. Then, Elder Dedlen had granted him the rank of Initiate.

After Dedlen had said yes, Dedlen taught Mason the ways of the Brotherhood, how to properly fix a laser rifle, reconnaissance tactics, and how to better handle laser weapons. During his time in the Brotherhood, Mason became a Junior Initiate by working hard, and proper training. With his new rank, he was expected to work harder to become a Senior Initiate. The way Mason achieved this was by helping some of the scribes and other Knights with basic tasks. Mason also just trained a lot, and used the super mutant practice dummies. Eventually, Mason was promoted to Senior Initiate. After he got his rank, some of the Knights said they were going to go to Kentucky to meet up with the other Brotherhood out there. Mason asked if he could go, but they were hesitant of the request. All the Knights had to ask the Elder if the request could be granted. Dedlen said that Mason has done well in Ohio, and should see how the other Brotherhood chapters are and he is needed elsewhere, so he said yes. When Mason heard the news, the Knights and Mason packed up some things, and headed out for Kentucky.

Kentucky was very different compared to Ohio, thought Mason. The scenery was more hot, open, and crazy. Before they reached the Ohio Brotherhood's base, they came across raiders, ghouls, molerats, radroaches, and some super mutants. Mason knew he was going to like Kentucky, and the new Brotherhood chapter.

Comments: This may be one of the best backstories I have done. (and I think I after I become  the bestest BoS, I'm gonna make some purified Whiskey at Project Alcholism loljk)

Ragolution

Quote from: FrostyFrosty on 11-03-2011

OOC Name: |HGN| FrostyFrosty
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24921714
Time with HGN: I registered somewhere in July, stopped like a month or two later, and started back up again in January to now
Time Roleplaying: Before I got Garry's Mod, I roleplayed on a lot of games, so it may have a two or one years
Reason you want to join: The main reason why I would like to join, is because it will give me something to do on the server, and it will be a decently fun learning experience

In Character Name: Mason Harlow
Applied Rank: Apprentice
Blood Type: A+
Appearance:

Backstory:   Mason Harlow was born on August 15th, 2207 in Ohio. As a teen, Mason was always a quiet boy, never wanted to be around people or make friends, so he was a bit of a loner. After Mason got older, his parents died by natural causes, so  he went out and wandered the wastes, selling things he scavenged. In his time in the wastes, he gained a liking to technology and laser weapons, in which he scavenged from pesky raiders. Once in awhile he came across the occasional mutated animals animals, raiders and ghouls, but they were not hard to kill, due to the fact Mason has scavenged many weapons, including his favorite laser rifle, in which he named "Athena".

While Mason's wandering, he came across a group of people called the "Brotherhood of Steel". He has heard about them in towns, but never really met them. When he first came up to the Brotherhood, they told him to go away. Mason had listened to the command because his father always to told him listening can lead to great things. After he left, he heard the sounds of lasers go off. He looked back, and saw super mutants fighting the Brotherhood. Mason thought that they could handle it, but then he realized that the Brotherhood may need help, so he set his stuff down in a nearby ditch, and got out "Athena" and went straight over to help. He started to blast the mutants, and eventually most of them died, thanks to the Brotherhood support as well. Soon, he heard the sound of more laser shots after the remaining Brotherhood went to check on the wounded and dead. Mason ran over to the sound of the shots, which were coming from the Elder's command tent. He went inside and saw that the Elder was being attacked by a super mutant that had a large baseball bat. Mason aimed and blasted the mutant, killing it. The Elder was pleased of the rescue, and asked if he could do anything to repay him and his men. Mason told him if he could join the Brotherhood. The Elder hesitated, and then said the answer Mason wanted to hear, which was yes. The Elder had granted him the rank of Initiate.

After the Elder had said yes, the Elder taught him the ways of the Brotherhood, how to properly fix a laser rifle, reconnaissance tactics, and how to better handle laser weapons. During his time in the Brotherhood, Mason became a Junior Initiate by working hard, and proper training. With his new rank, he was expected to work harder to become a Senior Initiate. The way Mason achieved this was by helping some of the scribes and other Knights with basic tasks. Mason also just trained a lot, and used the super mutant practice dummies. Eventually, Mason was promoted to Senior Initiate. After he got his rank, some of the Knights said they were going to go to Kentucky to meet up with the other Brotherhood out there. Mason asked if he could go, but they were hesitant of the request. All the Knights had to ask the Elder if the request could be granted. The Elder said that Mason has done well in Ohio, and should see how the other Brotherhood chapters are and he is needed elsewhere, so he said yes. When Mason heard the news, the Knights and Mason packed up some things, and headed out for Kentucky.

Kentucky was very different compared to Ohio, thought Mason. The scenery was more hot, open, and crazy. Before they reached the Ohio Brotherhood's base, they came across raiders, ghouls, molerats, radroaches, and some super mutants. Mason knew he was going to like Kentucky, and the new Brotherhood chapter.

Comments: This may be one of the best backstories I have done. (and I think I after I become  the bestest BoS, I'm gonna make some purified Whiskey at Project Alcholism loljk)

No super mutants.
Didn't save the Hammer.
Say you saved Elder Dedlen.

Fix it.

Pending.

Ragolution

Turkey is now allowed to review applications.

Rebel6609

OOC Name: |HGN-STSO| Rebel
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:4200756
Time with HGN: About 2 years
Time Roleplaying: About 6 years
Reason you want to join: My reason for joining is so I can expand Role play experience and try new things. Always been fascinated by the BoS, but was always to lazy to app until now.

In Character Name: David Tucker
Applied Rank: Intiate
Blood Type: A negative
Appearance: Hes a 5'10 male with short cut hair. Rather skinny but does have average size muscles. Hes got blue eyes and brown hair. About a size 11 Shoe.
Backstory:
David Tucker. Not really known for much of anything other than keeping himself alive. He was born here in Ohio and usually stayed in 1 town. However, when his mom died of natural causes, he gathered his things and started to go west. Armed with a 10mm Pistol, a few magazines, water, and some food (his favorite, "Sugar Bombs"). Now he traveled for a bit, fought with a few roaches and scorpions but what was about to happened he was sure he would never recover from.

On his way out of a ruined city, he and some passing wastelanders were attacked by raiders. The bastards killed one of his traveling companions and took the rest of them hostage. Forced to give up what little supplies he had, he was sure he was going to die - or worse - be sold as a slave. Later that night he was awoken by gunfire. It turns out that the raiders made a rather stupid mistake of engaging a passing Brother hood of Steel patrol. Standing no chance, the raiders fell dead and the BoS rescued him and the remaining survivors (about 2) and went on there way without another word. Although it may have just been another "I've seen the path god has shown me!" moment, he figured he would seek out these renowned protectors.

He scavenged what he could from the raiders and set off. Coming up past a cliff, he saw what looked like raiders staging an ambush, and the Brother hood patrol slowly walking towards it. Dropping what heavy load he had, he dashed around the mountain side and ran up close to the patrol. As he ran up, they pointed his guns at him and commanded that he leave. "Hold up! Theres some raiders just in that valley... looked like they were going to trap you guys in.."
What looks to be the leader of the patrol nodded, and ordered his patrol to go around and flank the raiders. There was a brief fire fight and again the raiders were defeated.
"Thanks kid. We probably would have been a goner if we continued." The man said.
After a brief conversation between the 2, David had asked to join, and the man simply declined. However, he did put David up in front to use as a scout persay. After reaching back to what looked like an outpost, David was introduced to a scribe. They conversed for what seemed like a good hour and the scribe began to teach him.

Hours and hours, days and days, the scribe and other Brother hood of Steel members taught David the basics and what it takes to be one. He trained along side other initiates, and was soon sent with a patrol to an outpost where he would be stationed and continue training.

After arriving to the Ohio chapter and studying with the scribes and guardian there, David has learned a lot. From maintaining weaponry to basic medical skills, he has enhanced his over all being and understanding of technology and the Brotherhood's way of life. He advanced from a lowly initiate to head knight. After a matter of what seems like weeks - or to him - years, he has finally began to master all the necessary skills and requirements.

One of the recognitions he was rewarded upon his time spent was his fighting alongside with Head Guardian Sophia Karrie against raiders, mutants and minor gunfights between the FR. Rewarded for his bravery, loyalty and skills he was bestowed the title of "Head Knight".

Comments:
Enjoy the read I suppose.

<22:23:04> "Puffles": gofuckyourselfaggot
<22:25:12> You were banned for 5 hours from the server by "Cole" (For trolling)
Never in my life have I ever had to endure 9 yearolds calling me a banana picker, and then get banned afterwards for doing nothing wrong.
Promising Young admins.

Ragolution

Quote from: Rebel6609 on 12-03-2011
OOC Name: |HGN-STSO| Rebel
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:4200756
Time with HGN: About 2 years
Time Roleplaying: About 6 years
Reason you want to join: My reason for joining is so I can expand Role play experience and try new things. Always been fascinated by the BoS, but was always to lazy to app until now.

In Character Name: David Tucker
Applied Rank: Intiate
Blood Type: A negative
Appearance: Hes a 5'10 male with short cut hair. Rather skinny but does have average size muscles. Hes got blue eyes and brown hair. About a size 11 Shoe.
Backstory:
David Tucker. Not really known for much of anything other than keeping himself alive. He was born here in Ohio and usually stayed in 1 town. However, when his mom died of natural causes, he gathered his things and started to go west. Armed with a 10mm Pistol, a few magazines, water, and some food (his favorite, "Sugar Bombs"). Now he traveled for a bit, fought with a few roaches and scorpions but what was about to happened he was sure he would never recover from.

On his way out of a ruined city, he and some passing wastelanders were attacked by raiders. The bastards killed one of his traveling companions and took the rest of them hostage. Forced to give up what little supplies he had, he was sure he was going to die - or worse - be sold as a slave. Later that night he was awoken by gunfire. It turns out that the raiders made a rather stupid mistake of engaging a passing Brother hood of Steel patrol. Standing no chance, the raiders fell dead and the BoS rescued him and the remaining survivors (about 2) and went on there way without another word. Although it may have just been another "I've seen the path god has shown me!" moment, he figured he would seek out these renowned protectors.

He scavenged what he could from the raiders and set off. Coming up past a cliff, he saw what looked like raiders staging an ambush, and the Brother hood patrol slowly walking towards it. Dropping what heavy load he had, he dashed around the mountain side and ran up close to the patrol. As he ran up, they pointed his guns at him and commanded that he leave. "Hold up! Theres some raiders just in that valley... looked like they were going to trap you guys in.."
What looks to be the leader of the patrol nodded, and ordered his patrol to go around and flank the raiders. There was a brief fire fight and again the raiders were defeated.
"Thanks kid. We probably would have been a goner if we continued." The man said.
After a brief conversation between the 2, David had asked to join, and the man simply declined. However, he did put David up in front to use as a scout persay. After reaching back to what looked like an outpost, David was introduced to a scribe. They conversed for what seemed like a good hour and the scribe began to teach him.

Hours and hours, days and days, the scribe and other Brother hood of Steel members taught David the basics and what it takes to be one. He trained along side other initiates, and was soon sent with a patrol to an outpost where he would be stationed and continue training.

Comments:
Enjoy the read I suppose.

Approved as Junior Apprentice

Ragolution

We will accept only TWO MORE standard applications.

Frostee

TheAndyShandy

OOC Name: |HGN|-=|TheAndyShandy|=-
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24799584
Time with HGN: Almost half a year,
Time Roleplaying: About a year and a bit now.
Primary Language: English.
Reason you want to join: Ever since Fallout 1, I've loved the BoS. Excluding the time when they send you into "The Glow",  not even an amount of radaway we cannot comfortably conceive can save you there.

In Character Name: Jonas Roberts
Ethnicity: Hispanic
Applied Rank: Initiate or above/below.
Blood Type: AB
Appearance: Jonas is fit, athletic and has brown eyes and brown hair. There are a few scars covering his face. He is relatively tall.   
Backstory: Jonas trudged through the wreckage of what once had been a town. There were bodies everywhere, they had clearly died in a firefight. Some of them were even partially melted, un-melted bones sticking out of the remains. Upon closer inspection, he realised that the battle had been fairly recent, the buildings were still ablaze, the wood burning to an ashen white.

The atrocities had clearly been inflicted by Energy weapons, but Jonas was not aware of any groups that deployed them. He had seen battlefields, but nothing on a scale such as this. Still, he proceeded onwards. Then, about thirty paces ahead of him, a humanoid figure was crouching over the body of a child, Jonas couldn't see from the back, but it seemed to be devouring the corpse. He stepped forwards through the smoke, recognising the hunchbacked, malnourished figure of a Feral ghoul. It's veins glowed a sickening green and it turned to face Jonas, roaring and alerting the pack. He raised his assault rifle, aiming for the disfigured head of the ghoul. He let a burst go and the rounds hit home, causing the creature's head to explode into green fragments of its skull, brain and flesh. Two more came, lessers of the pack. They pounced on Jonas, pinning him to the ground as he reloaded. One of them tried to bite into his neck but a red beam cut through it's horribly mutated head, ionizing it. The other turned it's own, intact head and was cut in half by another Blazing red beam. There came a symphony of roars from an intact shack. Paladin Jameson raised his Missile launcher and fired a single rocket at the shack, it exploded in a mixture of metal, wood and ghoul flesh.

"Secure that Wastelander."
"Roger that."
Heavy footsteps approached Jonas, he regained his footing and turned, seeing a power armored figure approaching him, a Knight of the Brotherhood of Steel.
"Come with me."
He strode towards a Paladin in T51-B Power Armor, wondering just what the hell was going on. The Paladin spoke in a deep, commanding voice.
"You have seen what the Ghouls have done. We need every able-bodied person to help us eliminate them. It is in your interest to assist us, Wastelander."
Jonas stared in astonishment, the Brotherhood never assisted regular Wasteland settlements, unless there was something in it for them. Typically technology.
"Wait, what are you doing all the way out here?"
"We have discovered that a group of ghouls have taken up residence in a nearby Pre-war Military base. They have been using stolen Pre-war tech to raid nearby areas. We tracked them down here, but they have already returned from their raid."
"All right, I'm in."
"I guarantee that you will not regret this decision. We will depart as soon as we're ready."
Little did he know, Jonas would, as a matter of fact, not regret this decision.

After an hours ceaseless trudging across the arid landscape, they arrived at a large entrance, skulls on sharpenned sticks stuck into the ground. Clearly, the Ghouls had recently been busy working on decoration. In light of the news of their approach, the Mutants had hastily set up Fragmentation mines, without arming them. "Freaks," the Paladin had muttered.

They entered the structure, only to be greeted by a large drop.
"Seems to be a Cargo lift," one of the Knights said.
Jonas holstered his Assault rifle and searched for the console, finding it on the other side of the room.
"I've located the console. Shall I call i-"
He was interrupted in mid-flow as multiple high-pitched "Squeaks" were heard from the bottom of the lift. Quite suddenly, the lift began to move upwards. A Knight turned on his flashlight and looked down the shaft to see a swarm of bulbous, oily creatures with rows of razor-sharp teeth, two legs and two tentacles. They were swarming over each other like rodents, baring their teeth at the Brotherhood party and pouncing fruitlessly upwards.
The Squad levelled their weapons with the swarm, aiming for the the Bulbous heads of the Wanamingos. A volley of Laser fire was let loose, burning those at the head of the swarm to ash. The lift was mere seconds away, multiple Wanamingos leaped up, grabbing the ledge and pulling themselves up. Jonas kicked one that had just leaped up, landing adjacent to him. It fell back onto it's side, writhing like a maggot. Jonas hastily aimed his Assault Rifle and fired a burst at the pitiful abomination, sending it to a bloody grave.

"Fall back, back outside!" the Paladin yelled, sprinting out, firing behind him as he ran.
The rest of the squad followed suit, firing a barrage as they ran. Once again, those at the head of the swarm were ionized, leaving only dust. Jonas strafed left, detatching a Grenade from his belt and pulling the pin, throwing it into the entrance of the Base. The Incindiary explosive detonated, setting a majority of the charging creatures ablaze. There was the deafening sound of at least 10 of them, chirping and squealing as they were burnt alive. Jonas turned and leaned, emptying his clip into the hallway. He leaned in again, ejecting his clip and throwing it into the hallway. The Paladin ordered his knights to fire into the corridor, and a blinding stream of red light illuminated the hallway, killing the last of the Wanamingos.
"Wastelander, go in and check."
Jonas obliged, jamming another magazine into his Assault Rifle's chamber and slowly moving into the corridor, checking the lift. Nothing, each and every one of the creatures had been annihilated.
"All clear!" Jonas yelled.
The sound of steel against steel was heard and the squad sprinted onto the Elevator, removing the two Holotags from the fallen Brotherhood Knights.
Jonas nodded to the Paladin, he gave him the thumbs up. He immediately pushed down a button on the Elevator Console and the screeching of gears echoed throughout the base.
"If they hadn't known it was us before, they'll sure as hell know now," one of the Knights remarked.

The Cargo elevator screeched to a halt, dust fell from the ceiling. Each Knight flicked a switch on his helmet and their Visors glowed an eerie green, slightly illuminating objects in a one metre radius. Jonas merely flicked on his flashlight, casting strange shadows on the walls.
"The room we're looking for is down here.."
The Paladin motioned for his squad to stop and proceeded down the corridor, locating a door marked "DANGER OF DEATH, KEEP OUT!".
"This is it," he yelled in an excited voice.
The Paladin foolishly kicked it open and a barrage of shots was fired through the door, killing him almost instantly.

"Shit!" Jonas yelled, staring as a round pierced the power armor as though it was paper, creating a large dent in the Paladin's armor.
He ducked down, keeping his weapon leveled with the door, unclipping a grenade with his free hand.
"No, you fool, you'll damage the cache!"
He sighed and clipped the grenade to his belt, crawling to the door and seeing what was inside. A wealth of Pre-War tech lay within, along with two Ghouls clad in Tesla ((Not the Power Armor, the Tesla armor from F2)) armed with incinerators. They cackled inanely and discharged their Flamers, Jonas leaned in again, standing up and sprinting to join the group of Knights. The Heavily-armed Ghouls stepped out of the door, sending jets of flame towards the group of Humans. Jonas recieved a large blast and was set ablaze, his Combat Armor's leggings catching fire as well as his fringe. He screamed in pain, going prone and trying desperately to extinguish himself. The Brotherhood Knights quickly ducked, firing a volley down the hallway, the Ghouls somehow survived. There came a strange sound from the other side of the corridor. In one motion, the Brotherhood soldiers and the Ghouls turned to see a huge, Silver monstrosity striding down the corridor. It's mouth opened to reveal three lines of ridiculously sharp teeth, it's two tentacles shook menacingly, like a rattlesnake's tail. It let out another roar and charged towards the two fighting parties.

The ghouls caught in each tentacle, writhing and yelling, trying to get the huge abomination to let go of them. The Wanamingo queen threw the two armored Ghouls behind itself and focused on the team of  Brotherhood Knights.

Knight Alonso charged forwards, dropping his Laser rifle and unclipping his Ripper from his belt, diving onto the mutation and climbing upwards. He drove the ripper through the Queen's head like a climbing tool and held on as the queen thrashed about, trying to get the heavily armored Human off it. Alonso used his free hand to unclip a grenade from his belt, priming it with his teeth and attempting to throw it into the creature's mouth. The grenade hit home, detonating and causing the creature to semi-implode. It rocked on it's side, finally toppling. The Knight withdrew his handheld Chainsaw and put it back in it's holster, turning it off. He assumed control of the situation and turned his attention to Jonas and the room that the Ghouls had been so keen to guard.

"Pick up that Wastelander, he's been a useful asset."
One of the Knights picked up the near lifeless body of Jonas, heaving him to the room that the Mutants had been so keen to protect. It was a wealth of weaponry, the Elder would be very pleased with this haulage.
Jonas stared around, confused as he came round, inside another Bunker.
"You have served the Brotherhood greatly in our Assault on the Sierra Andreas base, therefore I am indoctrinating you into the Brotherhood of steal for the securing of an extremely valuable Weapons cache and the assistance of a Brotherhood squad who, quite frankly, could not have succeeded without your assistance."   

Comments: Eh, I'm not sure about the Ending, but I've given it a shot. EDIT- No Super Mutants. 
Warning, this news report contains flashing images.

Ragolution

Quote from: Turkey on 12-03-2011
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 12-03-2011
OOC Name: |HGN|-=|TheAndyShandy|=-
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:24799584
Time with HGN: Almost half a year,
Time Roleplaying: About a year and a bit now.
Primary Language: English.
Reason you want to join: Ever since Fallout 1, I've loved the BoS. Excluding the time when they send you into "The Glow",  not even an amount of radaway we cannot comfortably conceive can save you there.

-snip-

Pending.

Your roleplay is great, and I trust you'll make a fine addition to the BoS, But I am leaving this one up to ragolution

NO SUPER MUTANTS
GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

TheAndyShandy

Right, I re-edited the Application.
The Super Mutants are no longer present.
Warning, this news report contains flashing images.

Ragolution

Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 12-03-2011
Right, I re-edited the Application.
The Super Mutants are no longer present.

Approved.

Only one more application will be accepted. (This does not include currently pending apps.)