BoS Sanctioned Traders

Started by Khorn, 08-04-2011

Khorn

If you want to be a trader that supplies BoS, you need to apply.

I was told CommanderA put this together. I am posting this, due to the fact that CommanderA/Ranma is  overstepping their bounds.

So to anyone who wants to stay a trader for BoS must apply. Even if you don't want flags.

RanmaChan

Uhm, Khorne, I only allow people who get to know me personally ICly into the Sanctioned Traders.  We do NOT supply them.  They sell their OWN goods.  If they are lacking in an area they BUY the item from me for a cheaper price.  The group is called BROTHERHOOD SANCTIONED TRADERS because they are SANCTIONED to TRADE in BROTHERHOOD territory, aka, Steel Town.  It is a completely IC group, of people who get to know the Brotherhood, but do not want to join, or cannot join, and wish to trade with us and Steel Town.

YOU, sir, are overstepping your bounds by creating such a thread.  They do not supply us, and we do not supply them.  They do not require Trader flags, and this has nothing to do with Trader flags, as they sell goods they scavenge or buy themselves.  It was created for the Brotherhood to regulate who trades within Steel Town.
"If you don't expect gratitude, you'll seldom be dissapointed."

Ragolution

Ignoring my compadre's rant;

I don't see why such a thing is required. The BST is basically our way of regulating trade.
It makes no sense that people need to register to be a Trader to sell stuff they find on the grond.

Khorn

Does not matter if you supply or not. They aren't Traders.

Has nothing to do with flags either.

If they want to be traders, they can apply.

This isn't a discussion. I talked to Tom about it already.

Ragolution

Quote from: Khorn on 08-04-2011
Does not matter if you supply or not. They aren't Traders.

Has nothing to do with flags either.

If they want to be traders, they can apply.

Then I don't understand your statement.

You're suggesting I can't sell anything to anyone unless one of us is a Trader.

Khorn

No, you cant make a group, call it traders, then allow anyone in.

RanmaChan

Yeah, if they want T flags they can go and apply in your thread over in the Traders section.  To get into the Brotherhood territory of Steel Town and trade, you will speak with the BoS and get to know them personally.  ICly and following canon, it wouldn't be done any other way.  Get out of the BoS Khorne, and back to your Enclave.

Khorn

Again, not a discussion.

Ragolution

Okay.

The BST is now "Brotherhood Approved Merchants."

BAM. It's done.

Khorn

Remove the part about Merchants or traders, or anything that has to do with trading, and your fine.

Tom

Why don't you guys stop this "Steel town" stuff, and this real estate stuff, and stop being the center of the economy. . .
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Khorn

Tom just reminded me.

Why are BoS so centered around trading? They have no need for it. They get supplies from other outposts. ICLY

Same with Enclave, we need supplies, so we ICly fly it in when we gather enough caps to get it. We don't rob wasters or do trading in secret.

RanmaChan

That is basically what Brotherhood *Sanctioned* Traders meant.  You are sanctioned to trade in Steel Town.  Khorne, your arguement makes no sense, why would people need to apply to trade in Steel Town?

They can go and apply for T flags and being a trader over in your section.  This is a Brotherhood matter completely.  We do not allow just anyone to trade within our territory, only people who have gained the trust of the Brotherhood completely.

If someone applies in here, gets accepted, and tries to trade in Steel Town, and we don't know who they are?  We are probably going to hurt them, badly.

You do not control everything that pertains to trading Khorne.

Ragolution

Remove the part about Merchants or traders, or anything that has to do with trading, and your fine.

That's retarded.

No, really.

That's basically saying

"You can't have anything to do with anything related to money, selling things, having stuff for sale, etc unless you obey my every command"

It's not okay that you have discretion over anyone else's organizations and how members are admissed to them, be they Traders or not.

This is preposterous and while I can understand your motives to a point you are being nonsensical about it.

Tom just reminded me.

Why are BoS so centered around trading? They have no need for it. They get supplies from other outposts. ICLY

We don't HAVE other Outposts. We were sent on a mission and virtually forgotten.

I don't think anyone read my backstory  :'(

RanmaChan

Actually, we require caps in order to buy power armor.
We require caps in order to buy weapons, from Wastelanders.
We require caps, to purchase ammunition to work our weapons.
And we require caps to buy medical supplies for our soldiers to continue to function in battle.

Steel Town was created to draw Wastelanders to us, so we could buy their laser weapons and MF and E Cells before anyone else.  We decided to rent out those houses so we could make caps to function properly.  We also decided to rent those houses out to people, so they could do some proper passive roleplay, and actually have some place safe to go for a while, since the FRA failed hard.

Ragolution

I really want to settle this over steam. This is obviously a catalystic discussion.

Tom

Yes Im locking it, Cannon talk to me, and Ill invite you all to a SF chat since this has dissovled to a "Baaaaawing" war
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Paintcheck

But the BoS SHOULDN'T BE DRAWING WASTELANDERS TO THEM. They should be sending traders TO THE WASTELANDERS. BoS shouldn't be the main town and they shouldn't WANT to be the main town as I tried to explain to you earlier today.

The problem with BoS being the center of trade is the server loses conflict. The BOS is too big and too well-equipped for any raiders/bandit faction to fight so what is going to happen is stagnation, boredom and server death if all the wastelanders become allies with the BoS.

..Got ninja'd while posting this. I have been trying all day to get you on SF to discuss more or less this very issue after having no luck speaking to Anton about it but you never got on.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 08-04-2011
But the BoS SHOULDN'T BE DRAWING WASTELANDERS TO THEM. They should be sending traders TO THE WASTELANDERS. BoS shouldn't be the main town and they shouldn't WANT to be the main town as I tried to explain to you earlier today.

The problem with BoS being the center of trade is the server loses conflict. The BOS is too big and too well-equipped for any raiders/bandit faction to fight so what is going to happen is stagnation, boredom and server death if all the wastelanders become allies with the BoS.

..Got ninja'd while posting this. I have been trying all day to get you on SF to discuss more or less this very issue after having no luck speaking to Anton about it but you never got on.

Sorry

<3