User: SENIOR PALADIN NEIL
Enter Password: ********

Terminal Access Granted.....

Welcome User
>> Access Mission Archives
>> Date: 08 06 2278
>> Operation: (N/A)

<-------Information Opening------->

OBJECTIVE: Capture the Enclave bunker beneath the Petrol station.
MISSION START: 1730
MISSION END: 1900
WOUNDED: 2
DEAD: 1
MEDIA: Downed vertibird

REPORT: Mission began at 5:30PM EST after a brief resupply run from Boston. The force chosen to accompany me on this mission consisted of Knight Alexa Gregory, Equerry 01 Lupin Rose, and our VIP; Caso. I was armed with my tribeam laser, Alexa and Caso were armed with AER9's, and the Equerry had an AK-102 Chinese Assault Rifle. Initially we planned to bring Senior Scribe Alan McRee, but it was decided at the last minute that we could not handle a third power armored combatant or our cover would be exposed.

The cover which I speak of came from our infiltration into the bunker's supply bay. We left the base at 1730 and arrived at the rendezvous by 1740. The prototype tesla weapon sent by command was waiting exactly as we had hoped. I mounted the weapon, and soon the Enclave supply run arrived. The Enclave supply run was late by two minutes, arriving at 1747 rather than 1745 as intel had suggested--but we still intercepted it. We fired the weapon and shot the cargo vertibird down, and immediately evacuated the area just before the prototype tesla weapon went critical and detonated.

The vertibird crashed about two hundred meters down the road from Kira's Karbines, and dropped two large blue crates near the radio station. Caso and the Equerry jumped into one of them, while Alexa and I slipped into the other. Senior Scribe meanwhile found a vantage point and informed us when the Enclave patrol arrived to pick us up. As according to plan, the Enclave soldiers did not tarry long--and quickly gathered the cargo to return to base.

1800, we came to a rest inside the cargo bay, and the true mission began. We wound up in a large red steel container with the blue crates inside with us. Alexa and I proceeded to the front door of the container. I spotted three soldiers outside--all three wearing Mark II Enclave Power Armor. We hid back in the container and waited. Caso brought a flashbang grenade with us for the assault, so when one of the Enclave came over to inspect the cargo, we threw the flashbang and charged out.

We caught them completely off guard. I spearheaded the remainder of the assault and killed one myself, Alexa killing a second, and I think Caso took out the third with his AER9. We moved quickly down the corridor to keep up the pressure. I killed one who was trying to fall back. The Enclave were trying to dig in, but we broke through their first line of defense which only had one soldier at the time. I did however take two hits to my torso while attempting to flank a barricade they set up. I was hit once in the shoulder and once in the stomach. Their weapon inflicted mild damage on my armor and burned my skin underneath. Stimpacks kept me going until the end of the mission, and my wounds were properly treated later. More on that in a bit.

Our mission continued up toward the second level of the bunker housing the barracks. We attempted to breach the door, but were surrounded on both the left and right, both foes behind fortifications--with the enemy to our right having the greatest threat due to his angle to the door. Alexa was hit bad, sent falling down the stairs on her backside. Caso administered medical attention while I threw a second flashbang into the room.

The flashbang was ineffective at blinding both enemies, but provided enough of a distraction to allow me to blast them in the face with my trilaser, scoring another kill. However, to the left of the doorway was still a second target. In an effort to get into better cover, I jumped over the barricade and crouched down behind it. Laser fire continued behind me. At the time I thought it was directed at the door--but it wasn't. I peeked over the barrier for only a split second--and that's all it took to take a hit directly to the face.

I don't remember what happened next. I must have blacked out. I woke up without my helmet on, my ears ringing, and the whole right side of my face felt like it was burning. I opened my eyes to find my helmet down the corridor, smoldering, and the Equerry standing me over with the words, "Uhh, sir, I think I got one." At the time we didn't inspect the body, but Alexa later told me that all she saw was the Equerry up the stairs, going into the hallway. Then she heard a short burst of AK fire, and then a clanging sound when the Enclave hit the floor--dead. We later discovered the Enclave soldier had been killed by a well placed bullet that penetrated his visor. By exploiting this weakness, the equerry was able to bypass the power armor which otherwise would have been immune to the 5.56 NATO round the AK-102 uses. An incredible shot. Incredibly lucky to say the least. It's very likely that the Equerry saved my life in that instance, preventing the Enclave soldier from coming to finish us off with both our power-armored soldiers out of commission.

It seems the intel about the bunker was right. It was a small, but well trained Enclave unit probably sent from the D.C. area. However, we managed to defeat the combat portion of the enemy's unit for a total of seven kills--four of which were mine, and one to each other member of my unit plus the VIP. After searching the second floor, we found a switch controlling the entrance to the top level. Clearly they had not been anticipating an attack from behind, but if we had assaulted from the front, they could have used this switch to seal themselves in against us. Instead, we deactivated the blast doors and advanced to the top floor which contained the armory, the mess hall, and the command rooms.

One particular room had an electric force field covering the door with an Enclave Lieutenant inside. The Enclave officer inside had sabotaged much of the base already before we arrived, and sent a final transmission to what I can only assume was his commanding officer. Unfortunately, the barrier appeared to be independently powered, thus when we could not disable it. However, the Enclave officer inside promised to go willingly should we be able to take down the field. He informed us that he was actually trapped in there. He told us that we could disable the field if we sent a suit of power armor through it--but I immediately suspected a potential trap. Those suspicions were confirmed when the Enclave officer suggested to send a 'lower ranking' soldier through, rather than myself.

I was prepared to sacrifice myself regardless when the Equerry stopped me and requested to take my place. I'm afraid that will be one of those choices within the Brotherhood that I will regret for the rest of my life. I reluctantly agreed to his request and went into the mess hall near by to dismantle my armor and give the Equerry a crash course in power armor training enough so he could walk the ten feet across the hall and into the command room.

When the Equerry was suited up with my armor and Alexa's helmet, and we armed him with an AER9 in case the enemy officer tried to do anything funny. We sent him through the force field and hoped for the best. I couldn't see from my angle on the doorway what happened, but I could see it in Alexa's eyes that something had gone wrong. An explosion occurred, and fragments of my power armor shot across the room from the doorway with a cloud of dust that used to be the Equerry. The force field must have breached the suit and vaporized the equerry inside, leaving nothing but ash, his holotags, and fragments of what used to be my armor.

Alexa entered the room, as did I (after a brief emotional recovery), and arrested the Enclave officer before he could commit suicide which were his orders from command. We've worked out a deal with him to utilize his knowledge of the bunker to get it back up and running 100%. After we're done with him, I'm not sure what we're going to do with him. Apparently he's too frightened of the radiation in the wasteland to go to the surface. I later learned that he was born and raised in the confines of this bunker. While I have him under 24 hour observation, I'm not worried about him trying to escape the bunker. His commanders think he's dead, and would probably kill him anyway if they find out he isn't.

The mission ended at roughly 7:00PM, at which point Caso began giving myself and Alexa medical attention. I conclude my mission report with the request that Equerry 01 Lupin Rose be given a posthumous three-rank promotion, and that his heroic acts be archived in the Brotherhood Library as Knight Lupin Rose.

This is Senior Paladin Neil, signing off.

<-------Information Closing------->

Caso

Cool story bro :O

The rp had it's up and down moments, yet it was so cool and fun.
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

Mr. Pink

So sad I had to leave unexpectedly. Might've been able to find a way to dismantle the force field without sacrificing someone. I am actually quite sad at the loss of the Equerry, but, in the end, at least he died a hero. It's a damned shame he couldn't have lived to recieve that promotion...
I wish for a pinball machine full of Cannabis.

Spades_Neil

I swear the fucking Equerry had VATS or something. He whipped around the corner and shot that Enclave LIKE A BOSS.

Caso

Quote from: Spades_Neil on 06-08-2011
I swear the fucking Equerry had VATS or something. He whipped around the corner and shot that Enclave LIKE A BOSS.

Corase I was giggling the whole time, when you were stuck behind cover, he wasnt sure who to help. Moving between Alexa and you. Going up and down the stairs like an aerobics instructor. Until finally he pops out and nailed the Enclave.
I used to be an adventure like you, but then the shadow started chasing me through a castle filled with monsters.

Zithra

Sounds like it was a lot of fun and a good RP experience. Wish I was able to make it :P
RIP FORP Characters
Andrew Erics  Wastelander
Evan Thornton  Brotherhood of Steel
Tyler Williams Trader

Caso

Quote from: Zithra on 06-08-2011
Sounds like it was a lot of fun and a good RP experience. Wish I was able to make it :P

Well you should have been on to join us! How dare you not join us >:C

Zithra

Quote from: Caso on 06-08-2011
Quote from: Zithra on 06-08-2011

Well you should have been on to join us! How dare you not join us >:C

:( Band camp y'know
RIP FORP Characters
Tyler Williams Trader

Mr. Pink

Zithra it was at like 6:00 EST... You said your band camp ended at 4:00...

Zithra

Then I was probably watching TV, eating dinner or out doing something. It woulda been crazy luck to happen to log on at the right time
RIP FORP Characters
Tyler Williams Trader

Mr. Pink

Quote from: Zithra on 07-08-2011
Then I was probably watching TV, eating dinner or out doing something. It woulda been crazy luck to happen to log on at the right time

Yeah... Heck, I was on at the right time but missed it because I had to leave. :(

irondeity

Looks good, you make me proud Spades, you make the Brotherhood proud.
Unaffiliated: Mikhal 'Sabre' Tokerov -:- Alive
Ex-Military/Spetsnaz: Andrei 'War' Mirkov -:- Alive
Military Observer: Victor Tokerov -:- Alive
Unaffiliated: 'Siege' -:- Deceased
Leoyid 'Rat Tail' Olinsky -:- Alive
The Tar Man -:- No Data

Spades_Neil

Quote from: irondeity on 08-08-2011
Looks good, you make me proud Spades, you make the Brotherhood proud.

Good to see you're still around. If at any point you have suggestions or critique for my methods, feel free to detail.