(Well this didn't work) FORP NPC Sound/Model replacement pack

Started by Spades_Neil, 04-08-2011

Spades_Neil

I'm working on a pack that will be an optional content download for Fallout RP that will turn Metro Cops into raiders and give them appropriate sound effects to accompany them. I'm also trying to replace Combine Soldiers with black T-45b power armor and call 'em Enclave, while I replace the Elites to look like Tesla Power Armor.

It's a bit of an armature mod, but it's something, and I figure you guys would enjoy it if I can get the damn thing working right. I'm extracting sound files from Fallout 3 and converting them to work with Gmod by making them .wav files instead of .ogg right now.

The only thing right now that can fuck me up is if I find out that the soldier models decide to go all 'herp derp' and not sync their animations up properly. Otherwise I'll be fine. I know the metro cop AT LEAST should work just fine.

Duranblackraven

The models are compiled with a set of animations depending on their use. Models to be used as playermodels, like the ones we use on the server, are compiled with human male and human female animations. The Overwatch soldiers use an ENTIRELY different animation base, and the MP's do as well. You'll have to decompile the models, make sure they're compiled with the right animations and fix it if they are not, and then recompile them for use because they can take over for the NPC.

Edit: Typo, hurhurhur.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 04-08-2011
The models are compiled with a set of animations depending on their use. Models to be used as playermodels, like the ones we use on the server, are compiled with human male and human female animations. The Overwatch soldiers use an ENTIRELY different animation base, and the MP's do as well. You'll have to decompile the models, make sure they're compiled with the right animations and fix it if they are not, and then recompile them for use because they can take over for the NPC.

Edit: Typo, hurhurhur.

Well fuck. I don't know how to do that yet.

I'm just going to work on the damn sound/replacement pack for the Metro Police then because I *think* they use the human male animations. If not, I'll just do the sound replacement half of it and bug someone else about decompiling/reanimating the models.

Edit: Fuck it, I got lazy. Making a raider sound pack for the metro cop. Finished building it. Preparing to test.

Duranblackraven

No, Metrocops have their own special animation base just like citizens.

Khorn

There are a few small packs on Garrysmod.org that have Fallout NPCs using the rebel's AI. http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=115223

And I think an enclave that uses Combine AI. http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=114772

And Raiders.  http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=109728

I haven't tried any of them so I don't know how they work or if they do.

Spades_Neil

Quote from: Khorn on 04-08-2011
There are a few small packs on Garrysmod.org that have Fallout NPCs using the rebel's AI. http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=115223

And I think an enclave that uses Combine AI. http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=114772

And Raiders.  http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=109728

I haven't tried any of them so I don't know how they work or if they do.

I'll try out the lot of them. The only thing that could improve the Raiders is if we added in some sounds like battle cries/taunts and when they get hit and stuff. I extracted all the male raider voice files from Fallout 3 today to work with.

Predu

Custom models and sounds for the NPCs used in Fallout but not for SRP. This is sad day for me.

lolKieck

Quote from: Predu on 05-08-2011
Custom models and sounds for the NPCs used in Fallout but not for SRP. This is sad day for me.
I'd prefer fixed hitbox on every SNPC in STALKER rather than new ones.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Silver Knight

Quote from: lolKieck on 05-08-2011
* Last.Exile rolls eyes.
Normal npcs, especially "replacements" will only ruin the enviroment and open the door to well... mass killing of humanoids. You cannot roleplay with a npc.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

lolKieck

Quote from: Last.Exile on 05-08-2011
* Last.Exile rolls eyes.
Normal npcs, especially "replacements" will only ruin the enviroment and open the door to well... mass killing of humanoids. You cannot roleplay with a npc.
I'd prefer to fight dogs than headcrabs.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

Khorn

Quote from: Last.Exile on 05-08-2011
* Last.Exile rolls eyes.

If we had more players that donated to get mutants, or raiders, it be wonderful.

But we got none. All those that did donate no longer play the server, or most left.

We are left to play with NPCs. Also, it is poossible to roleplay with NPCS. I made an event for a player where he 'interacted' with NPCs and 'talked' to them. By this, I mean I used "/say ?****" to make it come from someone.

Also. Tool for directing NPCs around would help. That way we could set up patrols or swarms of critters.
Or sends a group of NPCs with players as protection.