Diamondthorn Exiles

Started by Bullfred, 14-05-2013

Bullfred

Official Faction Name: Diamondthorn Exiles
Abbreviation/Tag: DTE
Associated Colors: Red, Black, White

Short Description: The Diamondthorn Exiles are a group of Dwarves and Men that split from the Rubyroot Remenants, seeking to gain freedom and independence across the ocean, away from their, as they see them, opressers. They also stand to explore the area for Rubyroot, in the event Rubyroot must escape Judonia as well.

Leader (Format - OOC : IC ): Bullfred:Darlurn Flameshot, _Banny_:Jakon Gravelhide Gaiakid:Travis

2ktaco

Just wondering but, was there any IC reason for the split? Ruby seems pretty non-oppressive to me so I don't get it.

DasHeadCrap

Probably because Ruby is under Jewdona
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Bullfred

Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 15-05-2013
Pretty much this. Flameshot never supported Alliances, let alone being dragged under another Kingdom, that he feels will drag them down.

They still support Rubyroot, but not while they're under the heel of Judonia.

Maxi96203

Quote from: Bullfred on 17-05-2013
Quote from: DasHeadCrap on 15-05-2013
Pretty much this. Flameshot never supported Alliances, let alone being dragged under another Kingdom, that he feels will drag them down.

They still support Rubyroot, but not while they're under the heel of Judonia.

"the heel of judona"

so basically you just wanted to make your own faction.

because like, judona has no representation in rubyroot's government other than the official status

i'm not arguing IC or anything, just saying
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

DasHeadCrap

I'm going to agree with Maxi on this.  In my time with Caephyran Judona's rule wasn't really existent. They for sure are not oppressors.
Listen, man, humanity dreams of the stars for one reason and one reason only. Hot xeno ass. Don't fail us now.

Bullfred

>Character's Personal Perception and belief
>Has to be OOC fact.

I believe letting OOC information influence what your character believes and does is called 'Metagaming.'

He sternly dissaproved of an Alliance. Let alone being put beneath another Kingdom. I'm a good friend of Rubyroot's leader in the real world. This is nothing to do with me 'wanting to make my own faction', and everything to do with 'This is what would happen IC.'

Maxi96203

Quote from: Bullfred on 18-05-2013
>Character's Personal Perception and belief
>Has to be OOC fact.

I believe letting OOC information influence what your character believes and does is called 'Metagaming.'

He sternly dissaproved of an Alliance. Let alone being put beneath another Kingdom. I'm a good friend of Rubyroot's leader in the real world. This is nothing to do with me 'wanting to make my own faction', and everything to do with 'This is what would happen IC.'

Calm yourself.

I'm not arguing IC with OOC. I'm just trying to get a clear understanding of why your faction split, so I'm not mistaken when I attempt to write you into the lore.

Bullfred

They split because they believe the current route Rubyroot's leadership is taking will lead to them being made into a heavily controlled vassal rather than an independent, or worse yet, lead to them getting annexed. Darlurn has always believed the Dwarves should stand alone, without outside help, and being under Judonia directly contradicts that belief.

Maxi96203

It's "Judona" not "Judonia"

"Judonian" is the demonym.