Robot Dystopia - A Freeware RP

Started by Ragolution, 23-03-2011

Ragolution

Robot Dystopia - A Freeware RP Coded by NinjOS

Setting
This future is not a beautiful one. The skies run gray with clouds. Sunlight barely filters through the clouds, and when it does, it only serves to illustrate how bleak the streets have become. Homes stand caked in dust, buildings dirty and marred by lack of upkeep. Inside homes, families cower, and pollution and worse litters the streets.

On the bright side, there is plenty of food to go around. The darker side, though, is that the food, along with every other resource, is allocated by the Robots. The Lords of the land, the robots maintain their oppressive regime through a monolithic building, the Spire, in the middle of the city. From the top floor, a ring of red glows through the clouds. Some say, on the colder nights, you can feel the piercing of the robots looking down on you. You can't see them, but it is certain that they can see you.

Humanity's last hope lies in The Formally Unnamed Resistance, and elite group of warriors who act as a foil to the robot overlords. Although not at all numerous, The Resistance is a series of highly talented, highly influential group. Their will, and their force, will be pitted against the Robot Overlord. The glowing mote in the clouds bears down on you, how you answer that electronic eye is your imperative. All you know, is that it must be stopped.

You are a Rebel, fighting against the tyranny that is the Robot Suppressors. Either as a captive inside the Robot Cell, a slave in the Robot Construction Plant, or a free fighter on the outside of the Spire, it is up to you to crush the regime of NinjOS.

Rules

You are you. You must act as yourself, and no one but yourself. Should you encounter any characters during your progress around/through the Spire, you cannot affect their character in any major way (make them change position, lose an appendage, or anything equally drastic), although you may have them speak to your character, and perhaps engage in battle where they are not seriously hurt (only if the battle is in a shared area, though).

Generally speaking, your first post should show your character's attributes, skills, brief physical description, and personality description. In case someone was to need to sit behind your character, if even just for dialog. If you character would flight rather than fight, that is an important detail to note for other RPers.

Outside of that, do not begin or end any fight with another character in the area, or against another character in the same post, nor majorly hamper any other RPer's character unless a previous arrangement with that character has been worked out to that effect.

Otherwise, have fun. Let's see where this goes.

Special Rules

Any and all Robot avatars/users are allowed to join the side of the Robots or The Resistance. Perhaps having an antagonist that isn't NinjOS could be entertaining. Any players joining as a Robot will need to contact me via PMs, and authorization permitting, may be joining as a host. Please do not alter your avatar just to be that of a robot. Should you wish to join as a Robot despite not being so, please sign-up as "Robot / Robot Sympathizer" near the top of your post so that you may be written in as such for the story. I'm limiting this number to five, so get these in quickly.

Signing Up

To sign up, all you really need to do is give us a quick "sketch" of what your character's name, brief physical description, abilities, current situation, and very basic intended plan are.

I'll drop a template here so you have something to work with, but if you don't follow the template exactly, I'm pretty sure I won't mind.

Quote from: Character Sheet for NinjOS
Name: NinjOS Operations Prime v. 2.946

Physical Description: Generally seen as a large wall of circuits, monitors, gears, pipes, lines, tubes, and internets, NinjOS OP v2.946 takes up the entire top floor of the Spire. His physical abilities are unknown, although it's universally theorized that NinjOS has a direct, possibly satellite-linked connection to every robot, either in the Spire or on the streets. Almost omnipotent, NinjOS exists to be a universal villain for all human-kind, and a picturesque example of why you don't go around making computers sentient.

Abilities: Unknown, although it's generally accepted that they're nearly as limitless as they are all destructive. You don't screw with NinjOS if you don't want hell, high water, and steam-powered-death to descend upon you.

Current Situation: In power, not worried, and with nearly limitless resources. Fifty-or-more years of being in power can get you all kinds of resources... Not perfect, though, so I'm sure you could crack his armor with a ton of effort. Assuming you're suicidal enough to do so.

Intended Plan: With his power as it is, NinjOS OP 2.946 will stop The Resistance from quelling his Empire. No matter how hard humans may resist, the robots will rule the world. Give up while you can, humans.

Character List

Quote from: Current List of Members
Robot

Portkins - NinjOS v 2.946 (Host)

Human

Paintcheck - Jeff Campbell
meetdadoom - Kyle Lewis
Maxi96203 - Jack Reynolds
Blackstar - Kane Hensfield

Note: This was a F-RP I was lucky enough to experience first-hand. After it.. spiraled into decay and sundered itself, two years ago, I really want to see if it'll take root as something it could've been.

Ragolution

Post all profiles here.

Paintcheck

Name: Jeff Campbell

Phys Desc: Stands at 6'2 tall with short brown hair and brown eyes. Lean due to the lack of food available for rebels outside of the spire. Usually has patchy dark stubble on his face from not being able to shave all that often. Usually wears a thread bare pair of cargo pants and a tattered t shirt (often under a ripped up hoody) and worn boots all liberated from a surplus store outside of the Spire early on in his days of being a free human. On top of that he has a nylon belt that his revolver hangs off of as well as some mag pouches for his AK 103. On his back is a small backpack with some food, water, and a first aid kit.

Abilities: Running and hiding from robots. He is a new fighter in the Resistance and does not have the combat skills most of the rest of them do although he is learning as best he can.

Current Situation: On recon near the outskirts of the Spire. Hungry, a little scared, and alone he is not all too happy with being picked to do this.

Intended Plan: Finish the current mission without getting killed/slaved/otherwise brutally incapacitated.  Fine food. Survive.

meetdadoom

Name: Kyle Lewis

Phys Desc: He looks like he is in his 20's. Is 6'1" tall. He has Black Short hair and a black goatee. He has a raspy voice and is alittle bit lean. He has a scar on his cheak from a shrapnel cutting him. His skin is alittle bit dirty. He wears an urban camo tactical poncho, he wears a pair of goggle to protect his eyes from the rubble in the wind, and dirty black cargo pants. He also is wearing some fingerless gloves. He carries with him an AS-Val( w/ a laser pointer zip tied on the barrel) and has a gray satchel with four spare mags and put one armour piercing round as the first bullet in each mag, a bandage roll, a few alcohol pads, a journal, a deck of cards, a biohazard themed lighter, a piece of stale bread and a canteen full of water.

Traits: He is pretty fast compared to an average rebel and can hide pretty well which is why he was able to escape the labour camp. From experiance he shoots his rifle alright. He tries to avoid most fights in fear that the robots might be able to calculate his position so he would rather hide. Due to his ability to hide and run fast he is used by the resistance to do scouting missions.

Current Situation: Is a scout for the rebels. He is sent on a scouting mission near the outskirts of the Spire (so we can have our rp on the same page). He is alittlebit calm being this isn't his first time scouting/recon. Alittle bit hungry but had some poorly made ration bread before leaving.

Plan: Was promised a hot dinner if he completes his assignment and some armour piercing rounds.

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Ragolution

Once we have like... Five profiles, we'll start this.

People can definitely apply for robots. I need a Right-Hand-Man-slash-interminable-killing-machine kind of guy.

Maxi96203

Name: Jack Reynolds

Physical Description: Jack stands at 6'0" and weigh 195 pounds. His eyes are blue. His hair is brown, and he is Caucasian. He appears not to be muscular, but he can pull his weight. The only problem with Jack is that he packs light, meaning he doesn't use any heavy weaponry. He usually wears an old US military uniform, torn and tattered from time.  On his back he carries an AR-10, his favorite weapon, and on his side, a magnum loaded with .38 Wadcutters, to keep the recoil low.

Abilities: He is skilled with his weapons, and is very sneaky.

Current Situation: Fighting robots with the resistance, what else?

Intended Plan: To return the world to its former glory, to make sure that the robots don't win.
ASSHOLE DESCRIPTION FOR PREMIUM™ HGN™ SUBSCRIBERS™ ONLY

Ragolution

gunslinger7

Name: (no one knows) Nickname: "Tank"

Physical Description: a large behemoth of a man  , not crazy quick on his feet but he doesn't have to be ,when hes armed to the teeth with his M249 SAW (LMG) an his fully-auto Glock18(sidearm) to back him up if he gets rushed by bots well reloading the machine gun , He likes to wear an old fashion white  hockey mask an combat fatigues with bandoliers wrap around his shoulders to his waist .  He seems to get a kick out of destroying things . He's not one to run an hide from the battle ... he's more of a guerilla fighter his style is Ambush move an strike again.

Abilities: He plays a support role so he is skilled with heavy weapons : LMG , RPG etc...

Current Situation: Fighting along side the resistance .

Intended Plan: To make sure his comrades make it home safe an sound after fighting the robots.

(// I wanted to join this for awhile now i just couldnt think of any characters hope this is good enough.//)

Ragolution

One more character and we'll "start"

Bl★ck Star

Name: Kane Hensfield

Physical Description:
Young Man around the Age of 21.
Quite Tall and not that muscular.

Has a Small goatee (http://www.trendfrisuren.eu/images/bart/ziegenbart-goatee-goatie-rasur-mann-bart.png)

blonde Hair and blue Eyes. (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9Zf_P9g6cuo/ScyatnmN_II/AAAAAAAADjE/RHx8USnLdBA/s800/emo_07.jpg)

He wears a Black long Coat. (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KbfJgmCffSo/SVdz0fRSylI/AAAAAAAAFIY/3kmO_1iF9Fo/s400/DP+black+coat.JPG)

and simple pair of Jeans. Under the Coat he wears a Black T-shirt with a white symbol on it.
(http://www.zebraclub.de/pix/items/wesc/icon-longsleeve-t-shirt-black-a400952/fullsize_icon-longsleeve-t-shirt-black-a400952_schwarz_5028.jpg)

Also he wears normal Vans shoes.
(http://i1.stycdn.net/images/article/vans/so60016/vans-old-skool-2-0.jpg)

Abilities: Agile, He was a Freeruner in his past days. Also he is quite sneaky. He also has Military training as he was a member of the NAFTA and was trained to be a Sniper

Current Situation: Helping the Resistance and trying to survive.

Intended Plan: Make sure to kick the ass of the Robot's and bring back the old days.

Ragolution

Blackstar doesn't count. Still one more.

Welcome aboard, furfag.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Ragolution on 25-04-2011
Blackstar doesn't count. Still one more.

Welcome aboard, furfag.

//I feel offended.//

Ragolution

((Since we're all apparently rebels, I guess we'll just streamline the rebel story and steer clear of facets for a while.
For a while I'll be recycling posts that NewClassic made from the original Dystopia RP so I can set the scene.))

A small man sat in an abandoned coffee shop. Outside, smoke billowed in the distance, likely from the explosion. What a hellish city, and what God awful luck. Working for the United States Postal Service had done him well in life, except for the day his jealous boss had moved him to a new city. "Note to self," he said bitterly, lifting a soda can to his lips, "don't screw your boss's wife." A passing nBU paused long enough to look at the strange man.

A matrix of options passed through the processor, percentages and possibilities flying at a rate beyond that of normal computing conventions. After a short second, the audio speaker kicked to life, "Good evening, sir. Please keep in mind, there is a 7 PM curfew in effect. The current time is 6:32 PM, you should be making your way home."
The man sighed, and set the empty can down. It clanked on the wooden table, kicking up a spark of dust on the table top. "Go screw yourself, 'bot. I'm having a nice day."
Numbers flashed in electric brains. "No need for hostility, sir. I will ask you once again only, vacate the premises immediately, or face curfew counter-measures."
The man rose, stiff with the soreness of age. The SigArms P223 in his pocket was heavy, but fully loaded. It swung oddly in his coat as he walked. "Very well, robot. Please move the hell over so that I can leave."
"Very well, sir." The robot replied, stepping from the doorway, "Have a pleasant evening."

The man passed through the door, fingers flexing as he whirled. The gun jumped up, the butt of the gun slamming into the hollow aluminum of the robots head. Processors immediately reacted to stabilize the center of balance, but it meant very little in the amount of time it took. The robot fell to the floor, and turned just in time for the optics to focus on the length of a barrel. In its last instant of life, nBU registered a 98.7% chance of death. The report on the gun cracked out into the evening, and the bullet shorted the optic system. The overload of feedback sent an electric backlash against the processor nestled into the back of the head, and the robot was fried instantly, making the chance of death a certain 100%.

The man sighed impatiently, and pocketed his gun. He turned, his cloak managing a slight breeze before a rifle report came from across the street. In no more than an instant after the report registered, the man's chest exploded open. The hollow-point had torn into the flesh, spilling out ballistics gel and wires. The processor inside shorted briefly, and the man fell to his knees. At the top of the Spire, NinjOP spared a moment of mourning for nSU-B2. The robot had successfully fooled a passing nBU, and had even responded well enough to mimic the most common human tactic for destroying one. However, there were still flaws. The system required a massive energy input, giving it a theoretical field life of 36 hours at most, 8 of which were tested in absolute stillness of "sleep," in order to fool the human elements of the experiment.

The door opened, and a small man entered the room. His eyes looked sunken with age, his hair turned white, and his skin wrinkled with the sign of age. Though he was completely human, his psychology suggested something altogether more unstable. "Mornin' Op."
A custom-built MCU rose from the corner, adjusting the collar of a tailored-suit and running a brief system diagnostic, responded, "Good evening, Nuke. It's good to see you again, though I suspect you're none too happy about being awake."
"Damn right," the old man answered, spying the humanoid's light blue 'eyes,' "It's been a fun ride here at Lassic Industries, but I think it's about time I retire."
"Retirement, sir?" NinjOP responded, eyeing the human with skepticism.
"Retirement," Nuke confirmed, taking a seat and breathing comfortably, "I've been in this business too long as is, and it's about time I started taking care of my human needs as well as the company's."
"I see, sir." The robot said, numbers whirling in the robot's head. "Shall I inform the public?"
"Please do," Nuke replied, "let them know that I am now officially retired."

Below, at the base of the Spire, a secretary typed at her computer. Surprisingly, glass shards rebounded off of the floor out front. "What's going on?" She asked, watching as more glittering triangles fell from the sky. Then, more shards. Finally, an old man crashed into the pavement, spewing blood, flesh, and worse all over the front glass. Sandra, as all humans would, started screaming. Beneath her screams, a robotic voice sounded from her console, "Sandra, inform the slaves, Floor 52 needs its glass-wall replaced."

Atop the Spire, NinjOP clamped a hand on the divider that once held the window in place. Nuke's landing had not been a pretty one, but he felt no more love for the human. "There you are," he said finally, "enjoy your retirement."

People settled into their seats, discussing quietly amongst themselves. The room was large, an old warehouse that had been converted to something more functional, and served its purpose well. There was a make-shift stage in the front, built solidly but ultimately cheap. Several men were mounting the stage, taking seats and talking in hushed voices about the war. It was a strange thing to think the battle will become more open in the future, but it can't be helped that the Robots took the fight to the streets.

The man in a tired, worn military uniform stood. The cloth showed signs of wear, faded from many years of fighting battles in nonspecific locations. The threads were fraying on the sleeves, man hems could be seen where knives or bullets had found their homes in the man's body. He looked old and tired, but given the rebels' living conditions, probably looked older than he was. His skin was wrinkled, his hair white, but his eyes had a central focus that was rarely seen. He walked with a very weak limp, enough to make one foot thump a little harder on the hollow stage than the other. Even still, he was composed, and spoke with a faint British accent.

"Good morning, and welcome to the headquarters. I am Jason Briggs, and with me is our tech team and espionage group, Thomas and Jessica Sands. These are trying times, especially with the loss of our Field Base at the foot of the Spire, so I'll try to be brief. What we do here is primarily damage and riot control, at least until we get a stronger hold on the Robots. The short of the matter is that they have a factory, weapons, food, slaves, and resources. We have a series of field bases scattered around the city, and men and women armed with sidearms. Most of our main weapons have no real ordinance, and we're up against a force that we can't number or outclass.

"So, our best offense is isolated squads, covert attacks, and intel gathering. In the thirty years that this resistance has been running, ten of which were under my command, we've learned very little about how the robots operate. What we're doing here is something entirely new. It's generally considered very hazardous to try to get spies within the robot compound. Effectively, what little we know is shown here." A projector hummed to life, and a young boy in a nice suit stood. He pointed at the snapshot of the base of the Spire that had appeared on the screen.

"This is a street-view shot of the compound. The lower levels, here and here, are the factory portions of the Spire. They're guarded twenty-four hours a day, and are operational 18 hours a day, worked by three slave-teams that go in shifts. The slaves are housed in the upper-levels, given food before and following each shift, and a common area for their time not spent at work. Physically speaking, their living conditions are better than ours, but their work shifts are particularly taxing. Each assembly line handles a different part of a different robot, meaning that no one has a full idea of the functional schematics of any of the completed unit.

"What we've managed to salvage has given us precious little intel, but I'll run the numbers through quickly. There are four types of units to look out for. Next slide please."

The light blipped, and a small bipedal robot appeared on-screen.

"This is NinjOS Bipedal Unit, and the cheapest to mass manufacture, and the most common seen on the street. Their power source is unknown, though there is a battery and motor on the chest cavity that operates the unit's locomotion. This is the standard shutdown point on the unit, and the best place to strike when subduing a construction. The armor is bilayered aluminum, which isn't firm enough to block a lot of damage. Any solid strikes or shots to the left side of the torso, opposite the heart on humans, will shut it down. Keep in mind that most units have self-destructors, and while not violent enough to do anything but corrupt components, they can oftentimes cause shrapnel to fly from the machine if too badly damaged in a core area.

Their weapons are limited to a self-charging energy weapon. The range is limited, only a few hundred feet, but have no limit on ammunition or rate of fire. The energy is self-cooling, dissipating any heat within thirty seconds. The individual rounds have about 120 feet of range, and can remain hot for ten to fifteen seconds after it hits an object. Because the shots are so head-based, any insulator like clothing and armor will displace the damage. It is worth noting that any short range attacks from these units are also powered with the same weapon, and will induce burns in the first degree on contact. Do not take close-range combat lightly.

"Next slide please. This is the Military-Capacity Unit, or MCU. These operate in squads, and will rarely be seen without back-up. This is a rule not to be taken lightly. If any single MCU is visible, there will always be a squad nearby. These units are thicker and much less frequent than their nBU counterparts, but much more sturdily built. Their chassis are made of aluminum paneling over interlinked kevlar and composite plastics. They can take small arms with relative little damage, with only the optics, knee-joints, and elbow-joints showing the weakness required for small arms damage. The internals these are roughly the same, and destroying the left-most chest-cavity will destroy it. The self-destruct is also still in effect, but the armored hull means that shrapnel is practically impossible.

"Their weapons operate on the same energy-principal as the nBU, although they also carry human weapons. Their targeting system operates on probabilities, which means that statistically likely shots are those which they will take. Random, unpatterned dodges are the best way to avoid fire, and fights are statistically suicidal. When encountering an MCU unit, shots will always be aimed for the chest. Running is encouraged, and hallways are the best escape routes. Next slide please."

The screen flashed, and the diagram for a large, tread-bound torso appeared.

"This is the boogeyman that will haunt you at night. The Tankbot, as he is known around here, is a tread-powered bot in the service of guarding the factories and Spire. It is layered with unknown metals, and no ordinance we have available here has managed to pierce its armor fully. With the exception of a claymore mine, which has managed to rip one of its treads. Barely. These things maintain large scale cannons on the upper-right shoulder, and can launch up to ten highly explosive rounds a minute. The right and left arms have high-velocity machine guns, both capable of firing 5,000 7.64mm rounds per minute. This is all theoretical, as nothing we've sent at one has survived long enough to last through all 5,000 rounds."

The room fell silent as this information sunk. The young woman took the stage, "I'm Jessica Sands, and here are some basics. The Ninj-Operating System operates on a small program called the ProConDeciSoft. The package is stimulus-response, which will only act if a certain stimulus is met. The low-level AI at work reacts as it sees most fit. Because of this, it can only operate on basic parameters. If any of us are out on the streets before curfew, we will not be harmed or approached unless one of us is armed. As such, the best method of attack at the moment is problem management.

"Don't encourage the robots to fight unless you're out past curfew, and do not engage in combat unless the situation is most dire. That's as much as we know for now. General, anything else?"

The old man took the stage again, frowning. "No need for titles, Mrs. Sands, we're quite capable of being informal here. If any of you have any questions, feel free to stay after the presentation and ask. Right now, our main objective is to acquire intel. Each of you will be issued a sidearm. Please treat it kindly, as they're rare commodities. Any questions?"

Thus, the presentation over, Thomas and Jessica got up, and went to work. Jason stood at the stage, and fielded questions. Time to make war.

meetdadoom

.// No one is starting I guess I will.

*Gets off his chair and grabs his rifle that is leaning on his chair. He talks to a few of his friends and then he exits the room and goes to the building him and the other guys agreed on meeting up at. He looks outside and see's only a broken robot trying to clean the same piece of debris. He looks at his watch "Fuck where are they?" his hands shake alittle bit. He tightens his arms and then releases and he becomes more calm.

Ragolution

A deep whirring is heard as an MCU rolls by, passively scanning the area as it moves on.

meetdadoom

*Hears the noise and finds the nearest pile of debris and hides under a large but light piece of debris. Attempts to slow his breathing as if that might help.*

Ragolution

The unit passes by and, assumedly, regroups with the other units in the area. A scraping of metal-on-metal can be heard from miles away. The stink of factory smoke looms in the air and the gray-black of the city buildings does nothing in terms of consolation.

meetdadoom

.// why isn't anyone else rping lol?

*hears the noise of the robot get quiter and quiter. He slowly crawls out of the debris and dusts himself off. He looks out side and scans the area. He looks at this watch and thinks to himself "Where the fuck are they! The mission should have started a few minutes ago."

Ragolution

// Dunno. I'm kinda-sorta waiting for them.

Bl★ck Star

Kane comes out of an alley and approaches Kyle "Sorry That I am late, where are the other's ?" He sit's down and takes a breath "The MCU followed me. Hope we don't get more trouble with them." Kane stands up and look's around the corner's for possible MCU.

meetdadoom

*"Hell if I know but, they better get here quick. If we keep on waiting, the robots might start uping their patrols." He looks at his watch and back at Kane." We should wait for 15 more minutes, they don't come and we have to continue on without them."*

Bl★ck Star

Kane pulls out a cigarette from his jacket and lights it "You also want one ?"

Ragolution

It dawns on Kane that the cigarettes are contraband and will surrender their location.

meetdadoom

*"You idiot light that thing out before we get caught. We have to move on now!" Grabs his As Val and slides a new mag in. .*

Paintcheck

Jeff sees the other 2 men enter the building from his concealed point a few buildings down across the street. He quietly darts across the street after the MBU passes and opens the door to the building. He seems to materialize next to Kane and growls at him "Are you trying to get us spotted or are you just stupid?" and tries to snatch the cigarette and stomp it out.