Robot Dystopia - A Freeware RP

Started by Ragolution, 23-03-2011

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan stands up, all of the contents of his pack relatively organized, and grabs a few metal plates, a basket of wires, and a crate labeled 'bot bats' and walks over to the 4-wheeler, and begins working on it.

"I actually had to dissmantle the door and reassemble it down here. Took a while, but it was worth it."

He begins sauntering wires into what appears to be a modified gas-tank, and hooking them up to some large electric motors in the front and back wheels.

He grits his teeth as he begins tightening some bolts, "plus, while the buzzers hate my guts, I can still manage to outsmart them every now and again. Personally, and this is all of course theoretical mechanics," he pauses and gets up, opening up the crate and pulling out what appears to be functioning robot enegry cells, and installing them into the mega battery-pack he just put into the vehicle, "if the damn things were capable of emotion, I'd say they hold quite a grudge against me for ... Well ... Turning their dead counterparts into scrap and reengineering them for my purposes."

meetdadoom

Kyle, one to not pass up an offer, darts straight for the mini fridge and grabs a beer from the mini fridge. He sips it every so often and tosses a beer at Jeff.

" This set up of yours isn't exactly smart. The Robots can understand patterns well."

He then tosses his man purse on the bed.

"For now we rest but, I say we high tail it out of here in say 10 minutes."

He turns to Jeff

"Don't forget why we are out here."

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan bolts a small metal door onto the battery chamber and locks it shut, then proceeds to rummage through his metal bin for a few right pieces to finish the shell of the vehicle.

"As far as their pattern recognition goes, it's fairly easy to dupe," he says as he eyes a piece before clamping it into place to cut and weld. "I never take the same exit as my entrance into the sewers, and I always space it randomly across the city." He points to a map on the wall with various entries and exits marked on it, and then proceeds to flip down a homemade pair of welding glasses before attaching the panel to the shell.

"And as far as them finding this exact location, we're far enough underground to where I can hot wire in electricity and rig plumbing that they can't track, as well as the fact I switch locations between a few other safepoints periodically so that they don't catch me." He says it very matter of factly as he finishes up the final touches on the atv.

He pauses after admiring his work. "And what is this plan of yours? Surely two guys alone couldn't do much against the damn buzzers, and I'm pretty sure you don't have an army coming or I would've heard the com-chatter on the radio."

He tosses an oil rag over the chair by the workdesk

Paintcheck

"Well we can either wait until morning and leave then, no curfew to worry about. Or we can try and navigate our way via the sewers which is probably a bad idea. More exciting though."

He sips his beer and ponders.

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan speaks up, "I'd be happy to help you if I knew what the heck you were planning, I have an extensive knowledge of this city and its entire layout. And I have a few personal back doors. But again, it's fairly hard to help when you're blind."

The implications behind his voice were laced so thick with his true intent only an idiot wouldn't notice: he wanted in on the plan

Bl★ck Star

(Can someone give me a short review on what happend so far ? I want to jump in again)

Paintcheck

(( Robots chased Jeff and Kyle off the streets because of curfew. They went to find shelter in an apartment building where they ran into Allan (Kokkaku). The bots are also after Allan for reasons not explained but it's been heavily hinted he is somewhat of a petty criminal and dismantles bots for fun. The robots chased them into the apartment so the 3 of them went into the sewers where Allan has a mini-safehouse. They are now trying to figure out what to do.))

"We're hoping to get back to base. If the guns didn't clue you in we're with the Resistance. I can't tell you where we are trying to go because I have no idea how the sewers get there and the place doesn't have an address for obvious reasons. It's on the outskirts of the Spire. The sewers probably don't even go that far."

Bl★ck Star

Kane opens up a sewer lid and climbs down while pulling it back on behind him. He lands in the dirty water and says "Ewww, gross, pretty dark in here." He turns on a flashlight and makes his way searching for Shelter.

(Trying to jump back in, dunno how else I could)

Ragolution

(( You're all in the Sewerhouse, right now. You can always take a nap and try to wake up when curfew isn't in effect. ))

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan leans against the atv, "well, the sewers all tend to circle a large deal around the spire for obvious reasons, but if you're trying to get to the outskirts of the Eye, your best bet is going to be the roads. If you guys want, as soon as this damn curfew breaks you can take Tesla here for a spin." He pats on the 4-wheeler, just to point out his creations name. I am gonna tag along though, so don't try to stop me you could use the native skills and knowledge I have."

Bl★ck Star

Kane leans against a wall while hearing the other's talking, he pulls out a cig and holds it up asking "Anyone mind if I do ?"

meetdadoom

Kyle looks at Kane dumbfounded. "You light that shit and I will kill you before the robots can."

Kyle finishes his beer and sets it down. "Jeff, we really shouldn't stall on our mission. We specifically went out during curfew to avoid detection. The mad scientist can show us our way to get out of here."

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan laughs whole-heartily at Kyle's description of him. "You haven't seen shit yet," he quips. he pulls out a big millitary grade rucksack and begins filling it with items, first a car battery with a long wire and a switch that he proceeds to attach to a machete-sized Bowie knife, then 3 ammo crates marked, "hollow", "Reg.", and explosive, and then puts a hand full of each in his pockets. He walks over to a cabinet while whistling and moves it asside to show a large stash of a gigantic assortment of homemade explosives of varying caliber and type, and begins to stash them into other smaller bags.

He moves all of his stuff by the metal door, and walks over to another shelf. he pulls off a bolt cutter, and pulls out a medium sized dusty box and walks over to Kane, and hands the box to him. "here you go, save 'em for later though, once we get outta this hellhole. Finest cigars I could loot. I was planning on bartering them for some protection, but that's now unnecessary."

Allan then walks over to the gate and bolt cuts off the lock. "you guys saddle up on the Tesla. There's a good amount of visible storage for anything not contraband, but if you look I think you'll find the smuggler's compartments."

He then reaches down to the door and slides it up, revealling a room with an object covered in canvas, and a long lit tunnel.

Paintcheck

"You've been busy. If this stuff works the resistance will be happy. There's no guarantee the sewers near the edge of the Spire will have a wide enough outlet to fit this through though."

Jeff starts grabbing explosives to pack onto the Tesla, not at all liking the thought of riding on several pounds of explosives. He looks at Kane who is still holding his cigerette "I don't think I should have to explain to you why what you want to do is a terrible idea," he says, gesturing to the room full of bombs.

Bl★ck Star

Kane rubs his head and nods, saying "uhh.. Thank you" He smiles at Allan and then turns to Jeff "Ah, yeah didn't see those explosives." and chuckles. He packs the box of cigarettes into his backpack, patting it and then hanging it on his back again. He then proceeds to walk over to the others saying "What'cha working on there exactly ?"

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan throws the canvas off of the object, revealing an outfitted, and very shiny, black motorcycle that looks as if it was outfitted for strength, speed, and a fight. He begins attaching his "luggage" to it, making sure to keep balance in his mind.

"you're in luck then," he says to Jeff. "this tunnel is the only one wide enough to fit these things through and get us at least somewhat close. it was an old maintenance vehicle shaft, back when humans ran the city. now its my personal garage."

As he finishes attatching his stuff, he stands up, stretches and yawns. "you sure you guys gotta get this done today? There was an announcement I heard to where supposedly the entire system is going to do a temporary restart tomorrow. Supposed to give a 2-hour window where surveillance cameras are going to go black."

Kokkaku Kishu

Bl★ck Star

Paintcheck

"Yeah we should get this done today, they might send something down here when they can't find us up top. Lead the way."

He mounts the Tesla.

Kokkaku Kishu

"All right," Allan replies. He walks over and throws on a large black coat, a black baseballcap with black fabric under to hide the back of his head, puts on driving goggles, and ties a black bandanna around his face bandito style.

He finishes loading his supplies into the backpack, mounts the black motorcycle, and turns it on with a purr.

Ragolution

//INTERIOR - SEWAGE PIPES

New Super Mario Bros. Wii Underground Theme

You race down the sewage pipes on the Tesla Cycle. Though the hum of the engine consumes your ears, you can still hear a loud clatter in the back of your mind that reminds you of subway cars, which is stranger still as the subway hasn't run in years.

Time passes and it feels as if you've motored on for hours with the hybrid engine of the Tesla bike humming uncomplainingly the whole time.

Allan instinctively slows every time you pass a drainage outlet or a sewer grate and it seems as if the robots have left you alone by the time he brings the vehicle to a halt in a large, round chamber at the 'end' of the sewer. There are paths beyond here, but each one is smaller and more cramped than an air duct in your average metropolitan building.

The hum dies down as the bike is parked and you appraise the new area.

The walls of the dome chamber are caked in green sludge, unlike the nearly-pristine area Allan set up in. Rats skitter back and forth and questionable fluids drip from the ceiling.

The most noticeable feature of this room is the ladder that leads directly up, into darkness.

Paintcheck

Jeff looks at the ladder

"Remember how I said we would not be able to drive straight out of the sewers with all of this gear? Yeah so do I."

He dismounts and, since he's got the biggest guns, quietly climbs the ladder to see what lies up there.

Ragolution

Jeff ascends the ladder alone, and pushes on the metal "lid".
The apeture sensors light up the manhole with a dim green glow.
You tries to pry the manhole cover off and the motors resist his efforts handily.

You're stuck.

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan rolls his eyes and proceeds to dismount and throw half the gear into his rucksack, and puts the other two bags into a dufflebag and carry it.

"That door is always locked, and I never said we were going to get the whole way on the bike. we continue on foot."

He walks down the hall 2nd from the left and calls out, "Just follow me."

After about 10 minutes, the tunnel opens up into what appears to be an old, dilapidated subway tunnel. the place just looks and feels unused.

"We should be good here. the train hasn't been working in years, and it connects fairly close to the main tower. I think it was used back when Humans still ran the place."

meetdadoom

Kyle looks down the dark tunnel. "You know how to get to the nearest platform?"

.// sorry about the one sent posts, there is just really nothing going on at this moment in time.