Robot Dystopia - A Freeware RP

Started by Ragolution, 23-03-2011

Paintcheck

"You're in an apartment and you don't run into many others? I take it you don't actually live here then."

The siren sounding for curfew causes Jeff to tense for a moment on the grips of his rifle.

"Well that's just great."

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan kicks his feet up onto the coffee table, much to the exasperation of the janitorial droid, which had just finished cleaning his sewage covered articles and scurries off to its docking port, setting reminders to itself to clean it first thing in the morning. "Don't sweat it," he replies to his new companions. "I've hung out in a few lobbies before. The curfew drones don't take notice or care as long as your not outside of a livable building. We should be fine here for the night." He proceeds to stretch and prop his head on his hands, which he crosses over his shoulders as a makeshift pillow.

Paintcheck

Unless a repair bot comes in and notices my guns or something. or another person living here does the same and freaks out. The lobby is not the safest place we could be right now

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan releases a heave as he sits himself back up and forward on the chair. "Fine, you make a reasonable point. Toss me your gun." He holds out his arms and motions for Jeff to toss him his gun.

Paintcheck

Jeff looks at him like he's crazy. He's not at all trusting enough to hand over anything to someone he just met.

"...No."

Ragolution

Outside of the apartment block you begin to hear the clamour of patrol bots. You remember they rarely enter buildings but you wouldn't want to stay around to check. The windows behind you look particularly appealing if you want to commit suicide, otherwise there's a back door that leads to a staircase outside.

Paintcheck

Jeff pokes his head out the doorway to see if the patrols are entering the building. Presumably they are or God wouldn't have planted the idea in his head.

"Shit. I don't know why they are after you but we should probably get going"

He moves to the backdoor, opens it, and starts climbing down the fire escape/staircase/whatever it is back there, keeping an eye over his shoulder to see what the bots are doing.

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan picks up his stuff and follows the rest of them out of the door.

However, as soon as they get out, he stops. "You want to know why they're after me? I'm pretty sure they're a little touchy of this."

Allan pulls out what appears to be a crudely wired robot, looking more like a pile of junk than anything else. however he connects two of the wires and a basic protocol engages with it, and appears to be a miniature sentry.

He sets it down facing the door, before quickly sliding down the pole on the staircase.

"we may want to run. If anything comes through that door, its going to be blasted shut."

Acting completely oblivious to the panic he thinks he may have aroused he rushes down the stairs at full speed.

Ragolution

//EXTERIOR - BLOCK 101011011101 - SECTION 11011011 - APARTMENT BUILDING 1010 - REAR

Gorillaz - Spitting Out The Demons

Outside you can see the sun setting over the more stout city buildings and the glowing eye at the core of the NinjOS spire. You climb down into the adjacent alley as you exit using the fire escape ladder and a bit of quick ingenuity to disable the alarm before opening the door. In the alley below there is a lone streetlamp that coats the dead-end in an eerie green light. A small impulse in your brain reminds you that such street lights are a rarity and you appreciate that for a moment.

Snow flutters down from the sky and melts as it touches the ground as you stand in slight awe.

The moment ends as a soft "fssh" noise is heard and Kane Hensfield slumps to the ground with a bullethole through his head.

In the seconds that follow, a red targetting reticule idles itself over Kyle Lewis's Forehead.

Stop the music after you finish reading this post.

Ragolution

//EXTERIOR - BLOCK 000000000000 - SECTION 00000000 - NinjOS Operations Citadel - Cogitator Room

Thousands of volts signaled the resumed function of the 101011011101 scanner cluster. Another hundred signalled the termination of NinTECH and more as the database was purged of his presence.

Inside the operating chamber, there was only one man, one machine and five devices.

Most obviously was the machine. It stood at the middle of the chamber, at the middle of the building, at the middle of the city.
None were more ominous than a summons from the address 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000.

A thousand thousand thoughts blasted through the high power wires at NinjOP's core, and one of the five remaining devices came alive.

The device left, soundlessly, and exited the room by elevator, off to do some unspoken task and obey the computer's silent diction.

A roar of jets came from outside as the device ignited its jump jets and streaked across the sky.

In his nexus, NinjOP's many detector clusters analyzed the city and parsed incoming meteorologic data data. His photoreceptors registered a near-zero quantity of lumens. The thermometer neared sixty-eight degrees of the Fahrenheit scale. The barometer reported an increase of pressure by approximately 3 millimeter of mercury. Outward voltage flows affirmed the operation of the external street lighting and NinTORC signaled the fact through the Network.  These signs and more activated a daily ritual in NinjOP's processors.

The atomic clock at NinjOP's core finally confirmed the fact and the entire tower seem to hum to life as the piercing red jewel atop the spire glowed like a red-hot coal.

A digital voice cracked across the city-wide communications system.

http://www.youtube.com/v/pwdo7x3QhPs

"It is now night time.
NinjOS registers the Hour as 20:30:00:01.
Curfew is now in effect."

geccoy

Name: Jennifer Molagbalis

Physical Description: Of Germanic heritage, Jennifer appears to be in her mid twenties. At almost five foot, ten inches tall, Jenny (Jennifer) is model-esque with a pointed chin and long, frizzy blonde hair. Put in a middle part, it cascades down her back in wild twists to the center of her back. Deep brown eyes reflect little light in her otherwise pale complexion.

Abilities:  Jenny is an engineer, currently creating plans new robot units and adjustments to preexisting robots.

Current Situation: Jenny was born three and a half months earlier, causing malformed and dysfunctional organs. To combat this, mechanical organs were implanted in lieu of the defective ones. Now an engineer, each day Jenny must plug a battery pack located on her back into an electricity terminal. Holding only a maximum of 24 hours of life, Jennifer must remain in NinjOS Central lest her heart, kidneys, and liver shut off.

Intended Plan: Jenny is hanging on to life by a power cord each day, worried about her own day to day survival. This pattern though, is comforting, so Jenny is 'comfortable'.

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan mutters spouts out a curse as he see's the hole sprout from one of his new companion's head. Suddenly, his entire body lurches into survival mode as he jumps off of the railway into a large pile of trash underneath the staircase in the alley.

meetdadoom

//PaintCheck isn't Kane,  Portkins fak u gooby, pm me when you were going to restart this >:L

Kyle gets out of the dumpster he hid in when he booked it out of the building. He looks around for a second and then jumps out as quickly as possible darting towards the building wall. He then begins to hear the clanging of metal from over head. He looks up and ironically see's Jeff. He begins to wave his arms frantically whispering "Jeff,Jeff! What the hell is happening?"

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Paintcheck

Jeff hurries over "Where the fuck have you been? I don't know what's happening just people are getting shot and the robots are spazzing out. We need to get back home."

He brass checks his AK-103 and eases the bolt forward quietly. He almost jumps when Allan lands in the dumpster next to Kyle with an "Oomph".

"Well that's everyone. Anyone got any ideas for how to get somewhere safe?"

Ragolution

(( You guys can make up whatever you want. ))

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan crawls a bit up on the garbage. "I don't know where this 'home' of yours is, but if you can give me a vague direction of where you're going I'd like to come. I've had enough of this damn city, and I know its layout like the back of my hand."

He then looks as though he just remembered something important and with an "Ooh!" he states,

"If you guys don't mind the smell, I have a temporary home set up in the sewers. the robots don't tend to go down there on account of them short-circuiting in the water that's all over the place, but i'd like to grab a few of my things out of there if you guys don't mind the detour."

Paintcheck

"Sewers will work fine, at the very least we can spend the night down there and avoid the bots until the curfew expires. Lead the way."

//My bad for a one sentence emote but meh. Deal with it lol

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan nods and jumps up and around the other side of the trash can. Quickly, he lifts up a sewer grate near the trash can that he had used before, and has a ladder already propped up inside the tunnel.

After squeezing through the hole, he grabs the sides and slides down the rails into the dark and damp system.

As he hits the bottom, he pulls an old flashlight out from his pack and smacks it a few times, producing a faint beam, and after checking the passages and determining them clear, he motions for the other two to come down and join him.

Kokkaku Kishu

((... two weeks later... I can understand taking some time to think guys but really? lol  :P ))

Paintcheck

(( I'm waiting for Misha. ))

meetdadoom

Kyle looks around for a bit and then hops into the sewer with a loud thud. He turns the light on his gun and flashes it around seeing nothing of short term danger. He scrunches his nose and puts on a surgeons mask in an attempt to block the nose. "Lead the way, capn'"

[flash=500,30]http://www.youtube.com/v/9UousVNJaIM[/flash]

Ragolution

A thump behind you confirms the city's automate sewer cover system is still working. The sewer immediately becomes 50% darker.

Bl★ck Star

(tought this was dead, I'm gonna hop in again later. Portkins pm me in Steam later pls.)

Kokkaku Kishu

Allan begins leading the other two companions through the dark stretches of the labyrinthine system, checking the walls every so many meters for markings he made that only he would recognize, and occasionally turning down seemingly random paths.

This process goes on for about 15 minutes behore he leads the expidition down a side maintinence tunnel, hidden so well by pipes that if it wasn't pointed out by him, it would have appeared inpenetrable.

On the other side is a large dark room in the heart of the maze. Upon arriving inside, Allan flicks a switch and a single mass of lightbulbs hanging in a crude fasion from the ceiling light up the space.

What persists is something one could almost mistake for a very poor apartment. There is a mattress huddled in one corner of the room, by the entrance theres a "coatrack" made out of welded pieces of robot, a minifridge that had been rebuilt and repaired, and there's a sink on one wall. But the most striking feature is the opposite area.

Upon the other end of the room is a massive workbench and chair, surrounded by crates of various pieces of metal, robots, and a few with labels containers of materials, substances, and various things of such a nature, all catagorized and labeled by use.

In the middle of the room however appeared an almost gutted vehicle. A small four-wheeler, maybe just big enough for two people and some supplies. However, it was obviously in the middle of repairs as pieces and a welding torch and tools are laying about.

The last mystery however is a metal garage door, locked to the ground and seemingly installed by a person in the past year or so,as it looked fairly new.

Allan takes off his coat and hoodie and hangs them on the rack before walking over to the work bench and sitting down. With his back turned as he begins emptying the contents of his pack, he meerly regards the new company with a simple, "make yourselves at home."

Paintcheck

'How did you get all this stuff down here without anything noticing? That door won't fit through a manhole," asks Jeff, impressed. He examines the light fixtures and the fridge, opening it to inspect is contents and if it's actually cold.

He shrugs off his rifle and load-bearing gear and takes a seat on the mattress.

"You got an impressive place down here."