Need help with ArmA OA.

Started by Ket, 04-07-2012

Ket

Has anyone else ever experienced 'lag-when-shooting' in ArmA before?

I just joined this one Takistan Roleplay community and I really enjoy it.

The problem is, every weapon that I fire with, i get 5 seconds of massive FPS drop after firing it.

Tested every kind of weapon and still, the only ones I don't lag with are the Vehicle Mounted or Static.

I tried :

Reinstalling both ArmA's twice  :cross:
Messing with my computer's sound options  :cross:
Patching the game  :cross:

Joining the server with a fresh copy without even one option changed, still didn't work.

This is very strange, because it only happens on those kind of servers. Or they'res in particular.

I asked around that community and so far all I tried didn't work. So here I am appealing to HGN.

HELP ME PLEZ
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Bl★ck Star

What are your PC specs ?

It could be that the map of the server is too hard for your pc to handle.

Or it's the server, where is it located, it could simply be laag and you don't see it on mounted mg's.

jaik

It could be your graphics card failing when rendering muzzle sprites. My FPS drops to about 15-20 when I fire a heavy MG that causes extreme muzzle spam.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Ket

I think so too... the muzzle does really look strange.

I don't know when the server is located, but I get an average of 52 ping which is really good.

Also, tried firing when there we're litteraly no people on after a server restart... still nothing.

It's strange cause it only happens on that server, other games like Domination or Chernarus Life or Dayz, run fantastic.

Anyway here are my specs,

Running on Windows 7

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G620 2.60 GHz

4GB RAM [Maximum, can't add more]

32-bit Operating System

Nvidia Gefore GTX 550 Ti
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Bl★ck Star

Does the server use a mod ? There could be something in the script that fuckes the muzzle up for some people.

Ket

I don't know, I'll ask around and then post again.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Bl★ck Star

Also if you have 4gb RAM you might want to switch to 64 bit system, works wonders, my pc went alot faster after I changed it.

Steven :D

Quote from: Bl★ck Star on 04-07-2012
Also if you have 4gb RAM you might want to switch to 64 bit system, works wonders, my pc went alot faster after I changed it.
I'm suprised he hasn't already, 32bit systems are outdated basically because of the lack of ram you can put on them.

Ket

Please, just give me a break with all the upgrades... My computer runs perfectly smooth.

Like I said, every single server I play on it runs fine and smooth.

But only on that one particular server, whenever I shoot ... the muzzle flash or the smoke or the bullet or something just buttrapes the FPS.

I just tried re-installing my Video Driver, still have it. After that, I noticed the muzzle flash was really fucked up in-game.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Ket on 04-07-2012
Please, just give me a break with all the upgrades... My computer runs perfectly smooth.

Like I said, every single server I play on it runs fine and smooth.

But only on that one particular server, whenever I shoot ... the muzzle flash or the smoke or the bullet or something just buttrapes the FPS.

I just tried re-installing my Video Driver, still have it. After that, I noticed the muzzle flash was really fucked up in-game.

Like I said it's most likely the muzzle flash fucks it up and the server did something weird to the muzzle effect or the script of the muzzle that fucks up it.