Getting Ready for Comic Con

Started by Khorn, 03-07-2011

Khorn

I doubt any of you know this, but I do enjoy myself when it comes to comics and games. So every year since 2003, I've been going to Comic Con in San Diego.

This year I managed to get two passes for Thursday, one for me and one for my girl friend. Funny thing about tickets were that this year they were handled by some new group and on the day they were put up for sale, they basically sold out within hours. I, by random stroke of luck, checked the site and snag two tickets right as they sold out.

So to get on with the Comic Con. Comic Con is short for Comic Convention. It is quite a large event spanned over 5 days of pure nerdgasms all day and night. Originally it was all about Comics and collectibles. And you could actually buy tickets on site. But over time, it has gained more ground and now shows off upcoming movies and games, you can meet stars from famous movies or shows, talk with creators of all sorts of areas. Such as Red vs Blue people or Penny Arcade. I've met so far the man that played Boba Fett in Star Wars, Dwayne Johnson, the original Captain Apollo from BSG, Richard Hatch. Any many more I can't think of right now.

Last year was the first time I tried something new. Me and a bunch of nerd buddies dressed up as characters from whatever we wanted. I was a Monolith from all our favorite STALKER games. This year I'm gonna go as a Colonial Marine from Aliens. Not a particular character or anything.

So to show off my impressive skills of creation in hopes of making you jelly, I present to you this:

And yes, I do have a Pulse Rifle, it just needs to painted.

Last thing to ask is, anyone else heading to San Diego in near July 21st?

Bl★ck Star

BUY ME A FREAKIN TICKET TO USA AND I WILL COME DDDDD:

Khorn

If you haven't bought a ticket back in February, you won't be able to get through the doors.

Bl★ck Star

Quote from: Khorn on 04-07-2011
If you haven't bought a ticket back in February, you won't be able to get through the doors.

fu

lolKieck

My first thought after you've replied to Black Star was: "Dump your girlfriend, bring Black Star along."
No offence intended.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌