Uh...maybe leader applications

Started by Genesis, 18-04-2010

Genesis

Yeah I think I kinda decided to step down so apply here k?

deluxulous

Not to flame but

You lazy.

Sniper3124

Frankly, i don't mean any offense to anyone or to start flaming, but the rebels are designed horribly. The rebels seem to think their a military force, when in reality they are more a -SMALL- group of guerrilla fighters that have -BASIC- knowledge of weapons and tactics. If anything the rebels should be a small group following the statement "They should not be seen, but heard" They make small hit and run attacks, not full out assaults on a Close Endeavor Military base (Which i have seen numerous times). I seem to be restating myself a lot but, the rebels are simply not well trained or equipped to get into full on battles. Also, they seem to be a little confused on who their against. They are on the side of -most- of the miners, as they are underpaid, but i've seen rebels attacking miners before. Lastly, the Rebels need a leader that will keep them under control, I've seen too many times where i've been playing and its been "LOLREBEL, I'll just go on a killing spree because i'm a webul" If a rebel plans or executes an attack without a leaders consent they should be heavily punished, (IE, banned from joining the rebels ever again)

I hope all of the people applying for rebel leader understand that this is what is to be expected of them, then you will get my support for becoming the leader.

Plunger

Quote from: Sniper3124 on 18-04-2010
Frankly, i don't mean any offense to anyone or to start flaming, but the rebels are designed horribly. The rebels seem to think their a military force, when in reality they are more a -SMALL- group of guerrilla fighters that have -BASIC- knowledge of weapons and tactics. If anything the rebels should be a small group following the statement "They should not be seen, but heard" They make small hit and run attacks, not full out assaults on a Close Endeavor Military base (Which i have seen numerous times). I seem to be restating myself a lot but, the rebels are simply not well trained or equipped to get into full on battles. Also, they seem to be a little confused on who their against. They are on the side of -most- of the miners, as they are underpaid, but i've seen rebels attacking miners before. Lastly, the Rebels need a leader that will keep them under control, I've seen too many times where i've been playing and its been "LOLREBEL, I'll just go on a killing spree because i'm a webul" If a rebel plans or executes an attack without a leaders consent they should be heavily punished, (IE, banned from joining the rebels ever again)

I hope all of the people applying for rebel leader understand that this is what is to be expected of them, then you will get my support for becoming the leader.
So your basically saying, "C.E. are too good, Rebels can't stand a chance, and they can't buy weapons, even think logically.".

Good Game

Genesis

Yeah I noticed that, it says clearly in my rules -NOT- to attack anything without my permission, yet they do.

Genesis

Quote from: Plunger on 18-04-2010

So your basically saying, "C.E. are too good, Rebels can't stand a chance, and they can't buy weapons, even think logically.".

Good Game

I support Plunger for the new leader, because I trust him enough to do a good job

Sniper3124

Good Game

No, im saying that its pretty obvious that a rag-tag band of rebels cant really match a highly trained mercenary group. Then again you never seemed to have a firm grasp of the obvious.

Plunger

Good Game

No, im saying that its pretty obvious that a rag-tag band of rebels cant really match a highly trained mercenary group. Then again you never seemed to have a firm grasp of the obvious.
Your ignoring the point that your saying Rebels cannot possibly match the C.E.'s. The entire point of this faction is to get you out of Desertia, and saying we're no match is being extremely ignorant.

And Sniper your not suggesting we do what real role-play is about, developing your characters, and just be a static group that can't match even a mercenary group.

It sickens me to think an admin is prejudice against factions.

Blake.H

The thing about rebels is its an Organised Mess. People are going to rebel when they want, not just "I'll be citizen for ever and be a rebel when the leader comes on"

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

Sniper3124

Layton, you don't seem to be getting it. It was established before desertia even came to HGN that the rebels don't have the sheer manpower, expertise or weaponry to take on a Private -MILITARY- Contractor like the Close Endeavors, I have no problems with them attacking us head on, just expect to loose 95% of the time. We have tanks, planes, spacecraft. The rebels may have an RPG, and a couple of busted cars.

If you want your crappy rustbuckets of vehicles to get into a battle with our tanks (Or even Humvee's for that matter) Expect to loose. Its common sense.

Plunger

Layton, you don't seem to be getting it. It was established before desertia even came to HGN that the rebels don't have the sheer manpower, expertise or weaponry to take on a Private -MILITARY- Contractor like the Close Endeavors, I have no problems with them attacking us head on, just expect to loose 95% of the time. We have tanks, planes, spacecraft. The rebels may have an RPG, and a couple of busted cars.

If you want your crappy rustbuckets of vehicles to get into a battle with our tanks (or even Humvee's for that matter) Expect to loose. Its common sense.
That's just silly though, Your acting like youy entire army consists of vehicles, if we take you on without vehicles we won't lose, "95%" of the time.

And also your not even part of this faction, why are you trying to limit us?

Sniper3124

*Sigh* I really don't want to continue this bitch fit, but overall the CE are trained in combat, they've gone through training. Even without vehicles, a 1 vs 1 fight with a rebel and CE the CE would -Most likely- win, as long as it makes sense, no power-gaming and the like. However if you catch a CE out alone, or you can outnumber a CE squad. By all means, you have the advantage. All im trying to say, is that the Close Endavours are trained for combat, not just a bunch of guys with guns. Think resonably here.

Jones815

I'm so tired of people bitching at each other because it's one faction against another. And frankly I don't want to hear about it. It really irritates me when shit gets unrealistic. I saw the UWN post awhile ago showing a pile of dead C.E. soldiers against the rebels. If there are going to be any dead bodies, the rebels are going to be the majority. I'm just going to say that. They're outmatched in a fire fight. I think the majority of tactics the rebels would commit would be terrorism considering that there's no other way they can match the C.E., C.E. are trained professionals when it comes to war. Rebels are just pissed off miners with only basic fire arms training. And I have to agree with sniper, the rebels are just incredibly unrealistic.

Also, I'd like this thread to be locked if it starts to turn into a flame war.

Paintcheck

I'd be all set to start making bombs, just tell me where to plant them..

Plunger

You guys are acting like all rebels are untrained citizens, half of the current rebellion are ex-mercenaries.

Welek

welek for rebel leader

Zstan

Quote from: Jones815 on 18-04-2010
I'm so tired of people bitching at each other because it's one faction against another. And frankly I don't want to hear about it. It really irritates me when shit gets unrealistic. I saw the UWN post awhile ago showing a pile of dead C.E. soldiers against the rebels. If there are going to be any dead bodies, the rebels are going to be the majority. I'm just going to say that. They're outmatched in a fire fight. I think the majority of tactics the rebels would commit would be terrorism considering that there's no other way they can match the C.E., C.E. are trained professionals when it comes to war. Rebels are just pissed off miners with only basic fire arms training. And I have to agree with sniper, the rebels are just incredibly unrealistic.

Also, I'd like this thread to be locked if it starts to turn into a flame war.
Wasn't the rebels..That was my merc group.

deluxulous

However if you catch a CE out alone, or you can outnumber a CE squad. By all means, you have the advantage.

Except that lone C.E. will call in a strike team with an apache.

Aresty

Rebels aren't ex-Mercs. All the server is full of Merc flags.

Lucidius

Hey guys, Guerilla Tactics vs. Highly Organized military

Smells like a pretty recent event. Maybe you guys should look into your little loiing war of late on tips on how shit works
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Blake.H

WE PASSED THE SERVICES 10 MILES AGO LETS GET THE TOPIC BACK ON TRACK AND END THE FAME WAR.

I'd like to apply for leader, i have the skills, the knowledge.
I already run a successful faction in S.T.A.L.K.E.R Role-play and i feel i could do more for the Rebellion in Desertia. rather than "Stalker". If i did become the leader  i would probably hand my "S.T.A.L.K.E.R Role-play" Faction over to a new person, so i could concentrate on the Rebellion more.

ref_DevCon.smd: david star is the only heir of the ecologist throne
ref_DevCon.smd: house of blake
"Any of you fucking pricks move, and I'll execute every motherfucking last one of ya!"

ISPYUDIE

+Support for Blake

He is very active and I think he would do a good job as leader

Assassinator

Quote from: Longlostblake on 19-04-2010
END THE FAME WAR.

Celebrity Fame War. When did this happen?

Genesis

Cobra

Too think the Rebels used to have Nanosuits :).