Principality of Talos

Started by franco20, 18-04-2010

franco20

"The Argo then came to the island of Crete, guarded by the bronze man, Talos. As the ship approached, Talos hurled huge stones at the ship, keeping it at bay."

When the first people settled in the Xenon System, there had voyaged many privateers to explore and colonize the vast expanses of the unknown.  Here, it was at the far reaches of space where Desertia was found.  The corporations took it all for themselves, manipulating all who came.  Just like the many other stations and moons before it, such a place was made the property of the "suits".

For a time, settlers were able to make a decent living in this hostile environment.  Both the industrial workers and the farmers had been able to coexist.  It seemed only the sky was the limit where trade flourished as far as the sand blew.  There was so much land that the XEM did not care to enforce its territorial claims other than Juriah.  In fact, they couldn't do so if they tried.  It was a new government on a new world, starting from scratch.

The influx of miners kept growing, and the private companies began to make their move.  As they kept grabbing the most arable lands and the richest depositories, they forced many civilians to leave entire areas.  Thousands of unaccounted settlers were thrown from their homes.  Some were even killed for disobeying the contractors.  Reports from locals were ignored by the XEM, as political pressure afforded it not to interfere.  Soon, there would be little land left to consolidate.  The economy was slowing down.

Tension built as unions went on strike against the corporations not just for the treatment of residents, but of their employees.  This went on till such an event that cannot be named other than Mining Fever.  It was the bloodiest conflict that had developed in the time that Desertia was founded.  Many thousands died in riots and gun battles across the desert sand.  And in that time, a number of large mining operations were shut down.  Much of the land was freed again...

A man raising a flag with the head of a lion stood idle in the town of Gerian.  He assembled dozens of followers whom had nothing left in this world.  They were stripped of their way of life, and for the first time in years they had been motivated.  The man looked poor, but he had the heir of someone knightly.  It had been a word not heard from in hundreds of years.  Peasants and paupers alike, they gathered around his aura.   

From then on, he founded a princedom where all landowners would be protected.  Their rights would be protected and so was any person a member they must swear an oath.

"Vested in my Prince, I give myself up. 

For as long as I shall live, I will adhere by the rule of the land. 

And in any case that either is threatened, I shall rise and meet the oppressors. 

If I am to betray them, I shall accept the punishment bestowed upon me."

Ranks

Prince:  Figurehead of the society.  Doesn't do much unless dealing with very serious matters (IE: Faction diplomacy, war).

-

Count:  Has a claim to lands.  Usually operates outside of any town, and does not go near unless forced to.  Controls the personal militia.

-

Proprietor:  Owns a farm or farmstead.  Leads a contingent of soldiers.

-

Soldier:  Participates in small raids and is considered a disciplined fighter.

-

Auxiliary:  Experienced.  Does multiple tasks and protects outposts.

-

Hillman:  Recently inducted into the order.

-

If you wish to join, you can follow this application or try at it in-game.

IC Name:
OOC Name:
Time Zone:
Biography (2-3 paragraphs minimum):
Other Comments:

(Note: This is still a player-faction and is not official.  Do not ask if it is official.)
FALLOUT - Pvt. Beverley Louis: Tough-acting grunt in the service of New Haven.

Genesis

Pretty cool.  ;D

Sniper3124

Yeah, looks like you put alot of effort into this, i give my support.

WeaponfChoice

I support this, If it gets accepted i want to join :)