Future Development and Coding Ideas:

Started by Col. StaR, 06-04-2010

Col. StaR

1. Mining System.
Process to be Determined

2. Knife SWEPs
A knife or series of melee weapons would finally give the bottom tier of players something to use in combat. I just need a simple set of code for that.

3. Reenable Vehicle Spawning
'nough said.

4. Frequency-based Radios
You have no idea how much we need these...

5. Flares/Flare Guns
Good for RP in dark areas, flares offer an interesting way to give light other than just the overused flashlight. Perhaps I'll try to make the flashlight unusable without the item as well...

6. Separate Ammunition Types
I've seen it done before, and this might just be me being anal retentive, but having separate ammunition types would be more realistic and wouldn't impair RP that much. Plus, it'd teach kids about specificity.

Lucidius

Quote from: Col. StaR on 06-04-2010
1.Mining System.
Process to be Determined

2. Knife SWEPs
A knife or series of melee weapons would finally give the bottom tier of players something to use in combat. I just need a simple set of code for that.

5. Flares/Flare Guns
Good for RP in dark areas, flares offer an interesting way to give light other than just the overused flashlight. Perhaps I'll try to make the flashlight unusable without the item as well...

6. Separate Ammunition Types
I've seen it done before, and this might just be me being anal retentive, but having separate ammunition types would be more realistic and wouldn't impair RP that much. Plus, it'd teach kids about specificity.

1. See melee SWEPs third paragraph.

2) Make them have a sort of 'ammunition' so to speak. Make it so melee weapons have durability, and they're only good for eather so much damage or so many hits. That way people will need to eather repair or buy a new one. seeing as how they arnt' expensive, it'de be easy for some one with money to go just grab a sub-par melee weapon or buy a really good one that's durable. It's also good because lower income players can have _something_. (I do expect some minging though.)

Frankly I think you should be able to use rp_toggleholster with the hands SWEP to put up your dukes. It'de just do like 4 damage a hit and throw punches slowly Mostly for Ar Pee or something, I unno. I just don't like giving everyone a weapon that can be used that aggresivly. Maybe brass knuckles for the CE's or w/e so that they can always have a weapon? (it'de replace the hands SWEP with Brass/Padded Knuckles for fighting). Knives should work this way aswell, in terms of working exactly liek the HANDS SWEP and then when rp_togggleholster is hit, your armed

On that note, for the mining system you should make a melee weapon that's a laser pick axe or something. You could use the Equializer from TF2 and maybe retexure it.

Anyways, the picks are only good for so many hits, and then you need a new one, that way they double as a melee weapon (which you'de get an unlimited but time delayed amount of, like one per hour or something if you do break one.) Also, hitting specific areas will get a chacne for oar.

5. You should have Flares AND flare guns. Flares would be cheaper, buyable in a box of say 5, and they last for a decent amount of time. They function exatly lik the flash light but less distance and a 360 light. You should be able to throw them a few feet aswell, maybe even pick them back up or reposition it with the phys/grav gun. (Actually you could just make them spawnable and make the person hold them with the Grav Gun and throw them with the grav gun if you plan on keeping it enabled. I'de recommend the HL2 Default object interaction aspect for this.)

Flareguns should be a decent amount of money in them selves, and require special, more expensive flares (or just flare ammo which doesn't equal normal flares).

Flares should work exactly like the HL2 flaregun, but I think that if they are shot into the air they should decent slowly and maybe explode, unliek the HL2 ones. If they hit something within a certain amount of time they'll function like formerly mentioned, where as if they get shot really high up and don't hit antyhing or hit the skybox, they explode and decent slowly.

6. The Seperate ammunition types is very relevent. It urk'd me the other night when I could buy the same amount of ammo for a glock or something. Desert Eagles must be silly in terms of Damage Per Shot (cost of money per bullet/damage of each bullet).

I suggest seperate amunition and if possible alternative ammunition (i.e hollow points and slugs and stuff).

Keep in mind these are suggestions, if it's too hard to do then don't do it, or comprimise. My way i by no means the way it has/should be done.
Please check out my other suggestions for PS2. Click 'Like' if you agree!

!IMPORTANT! Empire Specific Fighters and the Empire Specific Weapons. Overview, tweeks and nerfs! BIG POST

My Profile[/b][/size]

Zstan