Why the fuck does no one play?

Started by Paintcheck, 13-04-2012

Paintcheck

I have been thinking of posting this for a while but reading the shit Spades posted in the other thread made me want to strangle him so I figured I'd post this now. I realize people go "dead server is dead" and don't join it for that reason and by now Crussaria is probably never going to get back on its feet because there is no community within HGN for it (you guys all just want to gear whore on SRP/FORP or play HL2RP) but maybe someone will have a good idea. More than likely they won't or I will just get a whole bunch of "well no one ever is on so I don't go on" as answers (which are useless and shitty in terms of helpfulness) but my alcohol didn't come today to I have to wait until tomorrow to drink and I have nothing better to do than to ask this question: Why does no one play?

Look past the 0/45 player counts for a moment because obviously that is a symptom of the complete and total lack of interest the entirety of HGN has for CRP rather than the cause. What do people not like about Crussaria? What is so offensive about fantasy RP that none of you play it? Why have the admins tried to put together events that lead to maybe an hour or two of 10 players online only for the server to go back to 0/45 immediately after the event is over? Why have I spent a few weekends sitting alone on the server for several hours during peak gaming time (not recently I will grant you because I have been VERY busy in real life) only for NO ONE to join the server? Why have several of the other admins done the same thing to the same result?

We can't fix what we don't know is broken. Personally what I think is broken is that no one on HGN wants to play medieval fantasy because there's no gear or guns to whore and they would actually have to RP something which they are incapable of doing but maybe I am just pessimistic (actually I KNOW I am pessimistic). What would make you want to play?

And if you answer is "Make it Skyrim/an RPG" then I am fucking done.

I am in a bad mood as usual so any trolling posts will be met with liberal banhammer usage because I don't care. Maybe Tom or Spades will unban you.

deluxulous

Can't be bothered with keeping up with the lore and canon, and the general topic doesn't interest me or appeal to me whatsoever. It just seems... boring, I suppose. I can't really pinpoint my feelings on it, but that's the gist of it.

HitMan5523

I really just don't find bows, arrows, swords, or anything like that to be interesting. I also don't really like magic or the medieval kind of era.
I'm hip! What are you talking about!

Ravanger

Paintcheck has a good point on Crussaria, I feel really it does not appeal to the general populace and is a lot to manage just for one server. I mean Fallout is just another one of those random lol post apoc roleplays so of course people are gonna go play it same as stalker. No one really wants to play it or wants to engage into as they do in other servers and so forth. Its just it is a very demanding rolepaly and very serious unlike the majority of servers out there. People don't generally enjoy how high the roleplay demand is so general it does not appeal to people. I am done myself with Gmod after 4 years of playing Stalker roleplay and admining on it for about the same. To be honest there is really no way its gonna stay populated or on a constant playerbase longer than a week, when most the admins are not engageing and the general playerbase is not engageing and disinterested I think Crussaria really is at its ends. I mean even if we put it out there and advertise its not gonna get more than 2 people that might check it out and its always gonna be a major underdog in activity.

You hit it spot on pretty much Paintcheck, your not being a dick or anything you just moved the curtain of the window and saw what was truth.

Quote from: HitMan5523 on 13-04-2012
I really just don't find bows, arrows, swords, or anything like that to be interesting. I also don't really like magic or the medieval kind of era.

That statement as well since people do not enjoy the aspect of medevial roleplay or can't develop themselves into the roleplay since it is not appealing.

Quote from: PistolKid on 13-04-2012
Can't be bothered with keeping up with the lore and canon, and the general topic doesn't interest me or appeal to me whatsoever. It just seems... boring, I suppose. I can't really pinpoint my feelings on it, but that's the gist of it.

This as well I mean we have a lot of canon and it's very fucking disorganized since I am usally too lazy to go through it or I don't have the time. As well I had planned that Zombiehunta add some canon,but that never happened.

Khorn

I'd prefer to keep my Fantasy/Medieval Roleplay to table tops.

It seems odd to me to play it in a game, especially on Gmod. With children.

Rather Dnd and not sour my fun with Gmod.

INA7HAN

I've tried to play it now and again but to be honest i don't find it very appealing. I play SRP and FORP because i like FO and STALKER games, and i know a decent part about the atmosphere of them both. Crussaria i know nothing about other than it's a medieval rp with swords and magic. It seems people arn't really interested in a new universe  if you will. I don't think people want to really read through lots of canon to know what is going on. With STALKER and Fallout, most people have played the games and already know most of the canon in some ways.

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive

Kelse

I'd love to actually try it out, if you or anyone else ever decides to hop on I'll probably follow.

the permaban queen.

Zen

Quote from: INA7HAN on 14-04-2012
I've tried to play it now and again but to be honest i don't find it very appealing. I play SRP and FORP because i like FO and STALKER games, and i know a decent part about the atmosphere of them both. Crussaria i know nothing about other than it's a medieval rp with swords and magic. It seems people arn't really interested in a new universe  if you will. I don't think people want to really read through lots of canon to know what is going on. With STALKER and Fallout, most people have played the games and already know most of the canon in some ways.

Already know most of the canon in some ways.

know most of the canon in some ways.

most of the canon in some ways.

of the canon in some ways.

PLEASE..!

Now ontopic,

Perhaps you are right; Maybe people really are not interested in the gerne Medieval Fantasy RP. However I dont see how you can find it FULLY Unappealing without having a look at the canon.
Maybe if people actually had a brain cell to look at the canon or may I word it differently... HAD A BRAIN CELL IN GENERAL. There would be less problems with this.

Ket

Put your differences away, and join the server. If you don't give a shit just re-sign and let someone else take your role.

Crussaria once lived, and it wasn't supported by the stalker or fallout playerbase, so you got nobody to blame.
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

Paintcheck

Quote from: KetChuup on 14-04-2012

Put your differences away, and join the server. If you don't give a shit just re-sign and let someone else take your role.

Crussaria once lived, and it wasn't supported by the stalker or fallout playerbase, so you got nobody to blame.

Crussaria once lived because we had outside players coming in (who all left because of minginess from another group of outside players we had come in). Crussaria's regulars were NO ONE from any of the other servers other than a few of the admins. HGN isn't 1 community, it's 4 because the severs rarely exchange players across them. FO and SRP sometimes have people playing musical servers but the vast majority of each server has its group of 20 people who play it and nothing else. They are not coming in any longer and they won't if Crussaria stays at 0/45. Which it looks likely to do since no one in HGN is interested in it. SRP and FORP can always fal back on the 20 HGN regulars they have if new players stop coming in. Crussaria can't do that because like 4 people in all of HGN have any interest in it.

Zen's right.

ZainMenloe

Alright, Im going to argue with the 'Not knowing the canon' statement... When I first got on CRP, I knew litterally nothing about it, I thought we were in england, I didnt know the gods, I didn't even know magic was in the game (Until my friend chippy told me OOC he was a mage) And withing a single week of playing, I learned quite a bit. I learned a few gods, I figured out we were not on Earth, as well as a few factions, what they did, why they were there, etc.

The canon is long, but I can shorten it very easily. If you compare the canon made for CRP to the canon of Fallout and Stalker, those are twice as long. The only two reasons I truely believe why CRP is dead, Is because 1: People would prefer to shoot guns and throw grenades, rather than going /me swings his sword at your chest, and 2: Because Fallout and Stalker are video games that can be bought at the store. I play the game to kill stuff, and get on the server to be normal, Though I would normally prefer a roleplay server over an actual game about 90% of the time.

Addressing another issue I read here, the 'Peasents are ignored in events' comment. I'm not going to filter this thought, that is a load of shit. I made a few events here recently, all of which were public and able to be joined by anyone at nearly anytime, and I also made a few smaller ones which were tailored to a small group, though those ones could have been easily joined as well. People dont want to do events if there is no reward for completing it. Only people who can truely roleplay a character would help a man fight wolves just to keep the town safe (unless the character is greedy, that I could see).

The problem with Crussaria isn't the lore, it isnt even the itemwhoring, its just the fact that people who play a first person shooter want just that, to be able to shoot instead of RP. Here is my suggestion on what to do, its a mix of wait, and get on anyway. Yes, CRP is dead right now, and it is showing little signs of climbing back out of the grave, but I'm going to keep pulling on it. I constantly check the server population, and even get on if I have nothing more productive to do, but after getting on, day after day, for weeks on end just hoping for a single person that I could RP with to get on as well, I quit getting on daily, I'll admit. I want to roleplay, not sit around in an empty world. So, anyone who still Likes this server, and wants to see it get back on its feet again, stop saying to yourself "Oh, no one is on, I'll go do something else," Because chances are, if you join, I'll join, then I can invite a few others who still want CRP to get back up, and right there, thats 3-5 people. We need to stop saying its dead and get on regardless of if there are people on or not. I check the server populace still about ever half hour, and I would leave whatever I'm doing to go RP on CRP in a heartbeat.

So there, anyone who still wants CRP to stay with HGN, then get on. If not, then I hate to say it, but rest in peace.

Plunger

Quote from: ZainMenloe on 17-04-2012
Alright, Im going to argue with the 'Not knowing the canon' statement... When I first got on CRP, I knew litterally nothing about it, I thought we were in england, I didnt know the gods, I didn't even know magic was in the game (Until my friend chippy told me OOC he was a mage) And withing a single week of playing, I learned quite a bit. I learned a few gods, I figured out we were not on Earth, as well as a few factions, what they did, why they were there, etc.

The canon is long, but I can shorten it very easily. If you compare the canon made for CRP to the canon of Fallout and Stalker, those are twice as long. The only two reasons I truely believe why CRP is dead, Is because 1: People would prefer to shoot guns and throw grenades, rather than going /me swings his sword at your chest, and 2: Because Fallout and Stalker are video games that can be bought at the store. I play the game to kill stuff, and get on the server to be normal, Though I would normally prefer a roleplay server over an actual game about 90% of the time.

Addressing another issue I read here, the 'Peasents are ignored in events' comment. I'm not going to filter this thought, that is a load of shit. I made a few events here recently, all of which were public and able to be joined by anyone at nearly anytime, and I also made a few smaller ones which were tailored to a small group, though those ones could have been easily joined as well. People dont want to do events if there is no reward for completing it. Only people who can truely roleplay a character would help a man fight wolves just to keep the town safe (unless the character is greedy, that I could see).

The problem with Crussaria isn't the lore, it isnt even the itemwhoring, its just the fact that people who play a first person shooter want just that, to be able to shoot instead of RP. Here is my suggestion on what to do, its a mix of wait, and get on anyway. Yes, CRP is dead right now, and it is showing little signs of climbing back out of the grave, but I'm going to keep pulling on it. I constantly check the server population, and even get on if I have nothing more productive to do, but after getting on, day after day, for weeks on end just hoping for a single person that I could RP with to get on as well, I quit getting on daily, I'll admit. I want to roleplay, not sit around in an empty world. So, anyone who still Likes this server, and wants to see it get back on its feet again, stop saying to yourself "Oh, no one is on, I'll go do something else," Because chances are, if you join, I'll join, then I can invite a few others who still want CRP to get back up, and right there, thats 3-5 people. We need to stop saying its dead and get on regardless of if there are people on or not. I check the server populace still about ever half hour, and I would leave whatever I'm doing to go RP on CRP in a heartbeat.

So there, anyone who still wants CRP to stay with HGN, then get on. If not, then I hate to say it, but rest in peace.

Pretty much this yes.

Zstan

Quotebut mom canon lore is confuuuusing

It's actually because it's boring

Gmod is boring
People are boring
Everything is boring

Gonztah

Quote from: Zstan on 18-04-2012
Quotebut mom canon lore is confuuuusing

It's actually because it's boring

Gmod is boring
People are boring
Everything is boring

And you're depressing as well as boring.

Ket

May I ask why the server has 0 out of 0 players on? I mean, we can't even join.

We just want activity nothing ELSE. UNDERSTAND FOR FUCKS SAKE
(°╭ ◡ ╮°)

lolKieck

Make Crussaria more appealing to peasants who are working for their iron sword and chainmail, mini-events generally. Although it would need a bigger administration team.
░░░░░░░▐▄▀▒▒▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▒▒▒▒▒▐
░░░░░▄▄▀▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▄█▒▐
░░░▄▀▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀██▀▒▌
░░▐▒▒▒▄▄▒▒▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▄▒▒
░░▌░░▌█▀▒▒▒▒▒▄▀█▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█▒
░▐░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▌██▀▒▒░░░▒▒▒▀ ▌
░▌░▒▄██▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▒▒ ▌
▀▒▀▐▄█▄█▌▄░▀▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒ ▐
▐▒▒▐▀▐▀▒░▄▄▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▒▌
▐▒▒▒▀▀▄▄▒▒▒▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒ ▐
░▌▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒░▒▒ ▌
░▐▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▒▄▒▒
░░▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░▒▄▒▒▒▒

INA7HAN

Quote from: lolKieck on 18-04-2012
Make Crussaria more appealing to peasants who are working for their iron sword and chainmail, mini-events generally. Although it would need a bigger administration team.
Please

SRP: Nicolai 'Thunder' Lagunov - Loner - Alive