Why is Crussaria Inactive?

Started by Pink!, 02-02-2011

Pink!

I greatly miss the experience it offered, and I wish it could once more become active.

Is it possible?

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

Duranblackraven

Because...it's pre-alpha...? And boreing. Those two things in one kinda makes it empty.

Ravanger

True as well rules and content still flying around like madness. Stuff changeing by the second etc.

Dug

Silver Knight

Because im currently busy in real life and don't have time to work on it.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

nKe

real life?
i dunno... wut is dat?

Turkey

Quote from: Nik3 on 03-02-2011
real life?
i dunno... wut is dat?

Real is good graphics
A Life is something you will never have.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Turkey on 03-02-2011
Quote from: Nik3 on 03-02-2011
real life?
i dunno... wut is dat?

Real is good graphics
A Life is something you will never have.
May I say pwned? And also From what I been hearing and seeing, this new Rp should be amazing when everything works out.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Pink!

One does not need authorizations and rules to savor the experience. Simply hop on and enjoy simple peasant roleplay, and you'll be surprised.

Silver Knight

Quote from: Pink! on 04-02-2011
One does not need authorizations and rules to savor the experience. Simply hop on and enjoy simple peasant roleplay, and you'll be surprised.

Some people thought that acting as a peasant was not for them and wanted to be wizards, dragon warriors, kings and such. Which is why i stated "no" to idea's people were dragging out of their arse or ones that were posted a year ago. By all means go roleplay a peasant.

OBrian

Quote from: Last.Exile on 04-02-2011
Quote from: Pink! on 04-02-2011

Some people thought that acting as a peasant was not for them and wanted to be wizards, dragon warriors, kings and such. Which is why i stated "no" to idea's people were dragging out of their arse or ones that were posted a year ago. By all means go roleplay a peasant.

I'm getting rather annoyed that you keep bringing up "wizards" Silver. I made a group application that was accepted by the appropriate administration at the time.

Characters - Stalker RP
Diederik 'Ghost' Sigmund - Mercenary - Alive
Archibald 'Joker' Jung - Freedom Trader - Alive
Characters - Crussaria RP
Durinos Rahl - First Wizard - Alive

Duranblackraven

Welcome to Crussaria. An RP to let your imagination go wild! Full of dark forces battleing good, knights fighting for your freedom! Now that you're roped in go ahead and forget that. You're only allowed to be a mindless drone. Hah, thought you'd actually be able to do something fun...ahahah...hah.

darkzerxx

Quote from: Duranblackraven on 04-02-2011
Welcome to Crussaria. An RP to let your imagination go wild! Full of dark forces battleing good, knights fighting for your freedom! Now that you're roped in go ahead and forget that. You're allowed allowed to be a mindless drone. Hah, thought you'd actually be able to do something fun...ahahah...hah.
Sounds like every game that ends up being one of the worst games of the year.
Flashy pictures and videos don't mean anything if the game sucks in the end.
Ex-Duty-converted Monolith:|Draco 'Dice' stellem|Decease
Stalker/Trader:|Dracovich Raka|Alive
Eco:|Dr.Richard L. Vangraff|In zone
Stalker:|Scarler 'becca' Owen|Alive
Ex-freedomer-duty:|Levi'Fox'Krillen|Alive
Stalker:|Taylor 'trinity'|Alive
Sucker:|Hunter|Alive
Military:|Scarlet Stroik|alive

Ravanger

Anyways people like said before its in alpha or whatever. So dont expect the most perfect experience known to man of Gayevial roleplay.

Cutch

Quote from: darkzerxx on 04-02-2011
Quote from: Duranblackraven on 04-02-2011
Welcome to Crussaria. An RP to let your imagination go wild! Full of dark forces battleing good, knights fighting for your freedom! Now that you're roped in go ahead and forget that. You're allowed allowed to be a mindless drone. Hah, thought you'd actually be able to do something fun...ahahah...hah.
Sounds like every game that ends up being one of the worst games of the year.
Flashy pictures and videos don't mean anything if the game sucks in the end.
Who are you?

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Pink!

But... if everyone roleplayed powerful characters, where would the joy be?

Turkey

Quote from: Pink! on 05-02-2011

This.

I am pretty sure if exile just made the script, left the cannon alone things would be fine. Player groups would handle magic, and you could just make a mage roster that requires to be apply'd and auth'd for. like female characters.

Ravanger

Well I mean what do you expect,its a young roleplay of course people are gonna try there limits away.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Turkey on 05-02-2011

This.

I am pretty sure if exile just made the script, left the cannon alone things would be fine. Player groups would handle magic, and you could just make a mage roster that requires to be apply'd and auth'd for. like female characters.

That's how it was and we were all happy and I don't think anyone had any problems with Cutch being the Baron dude or O'Brian and me having magic characters or Turkey being the anti-magic group.

The lack of a script or items is not what is holding it back.

At the risk of getting banned again (which would be very hypocritical since the like 8 posts after the one I posted that got me a 2 day ban said the same thing and none of those people got their posts deleted/banned) that was how it was going before the edict. Most of those "powerful" characters were from players like O'Brian and myself and we had our shit together and auth'd by the original Crussaria admin team A YEAR AGO. We didn't just asspull all this and decide "we're going to be unkillable badasses and all other players need to suck our dicks". Which is why we're upset. I know O'Brian spent hours getting his wizard shit in order and then to use it for a week and have fun with it and then be told "sorry you can't any more" shouldn't surprise anyone at all that it pissed him off. My character was the same way. The reason we're pissed is not because we have delusions of grandeur and want to power game, it's that we put the effort in, got told we could do this, and then after seemingly endless "Project canceled, project on hold, project not happening" it finally does come out and all our work is negated. And then it dies again and we're all back at square one. It isn't rocket science as to why we'd be pissed.

Turkey

Quote from: Paintcheck on 05-02-2011
Quote from: Turkey on 05-02-2011

This.

That's how it was and we were all happy and I don't think anyone had any problems with Cutch being the Baron dude or O'Brian and me having magic characters or Turkey being the anti-magic group.

The lack of a script or items is not what is holding it back.

At the risk of getting banned again (which would be very hypocritical since the like 8 posts after the one I posted that got me a 2 day ban said the same thing and none of those people got their posts deleted/banned) that was how it was going before the edict. Most of those "powerful" characters were from players like O'Brian and myself and we had our shit together and auth'd by the original Crussaria admin team A YEAR AGO. We didn't just asspull all this and decide "we're going to be unkillable badasses and all other players need to suck our dicks". Which is why we're upset. I know O'Brian spent hours getting his wizard shit in order and then to use it for a week and have fun with it and then be told "sorry you can't any more" shouldn't surprise anyone at all that it pissed him off. My character was the same way. The reason we're pissed is not because we have delusions of grandeur and want to power game, it's that we put the effort in, got told we could do this, and then after seemingly endless "Project canceled, project on hold, project not happening" it finally does come out and all our work is negated. And then it dies again and we're all back at square one. It isn't rocket science as to why we'd be pissed.

Fuck, I also thought it would be badass to have anti magic groups fighting mages. Already had some great RP fun on the server.

Tom

Exile got pissed when people got pissed about Fallout being canceled. I understand why O'Brain, and the people who where looking forward to FO coming out are angry, cause Crussaria is Just like Fallout in the sense that apparently its another one of those projects that has been "Coming out soon in two weeks" for three or more years. I've said it once and Ill say it again, he needs to understand that promising a product release date on a specific date, Like FO "Being out by Christmas" and then eventually falling through on it, not only pisses off the consumer but tarnishes your reputation and your reliability. Not to mention that FO/Crussaria has been promised on various dates and eventually "Delayed" due to any amount of reasons on multiple occasions. You may be thinking "Why is he discussing the Cancellation of FORP?". Good question. I am discussing it cause it appears as though the same thing has happened to crussaria in a different way. In this case people thought they would be allowed to RP the Mage characters/Mage hunter characters that they where waiting to RP for a while, Think of it as a promised game feature for a game. But later on the Head of the Community decided that, this was not good, and that a ton of people "Asspulling shit to be Knights and mages was stupid as fuck" So he implemented a ton of shit, and said "No more" the people who where RPing the chars that they had been wanting to RP for a year or two, suddenly had their characters Voided cause of the lack of normal folks, to be hounest their where lots of normal folks, but they where not doing peasant jobs. There where 4-5 mages total, and only 1-3 Mage hunters (Though I wish the mage hunters where more discrete about their dealings), Needless to say, even with the mages and witch hunters it was fun. It became a situation afterward, where the only "Fun" was in the Tavern, or in the few and far between Events. This was the problem.

So the "Lack of content" argument does not work in the sense that, we had 20+ people on the crussaria when there was NO content.

Though I will admit O'Brain over-reacted slightly, and that it was said that Mages would be allowed back in a couple weeks after the Edict was made. Then again his exact words where "When the Beta comes out" Which may not come out for months if we are lucky.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Silver Knight

After this week i am free for awhile to work on projects before i move onto my programming course and my new career job. Crussaria is still my main focus point but when i think about Fallout it's pretty much all there apart from a lack of playermodels which "blake" still has not given me. Crussaria needs alot of work to set the parameters to stop said "lol knights" "lol mages" and "lol kings" appearing. The current main flaw with Crussaria atm though is the map. Ive spent countless hours already looking for maps but to no such luck. Ralazo is working on a map at the momment and ill probably do some work on part of a map soon.

mikeywrenn

Could somebody give me the IP address? I feel stupid because I can't find it..
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: When do you actually need Cullinary?
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: Vat... are you trying to say cooking skill?
[OOC] Aleksandr Makarov: Yeah.
[OOC] Commissar Ruslan Turchin: It's for the women, of course. Which is why we don't see that skill much.

Mrtasker

What wrong with the current map? I think its great.

Seth Gecko - Freedomer

Paintcheck

It's "too small" apparently. And I think there might be some logic in that since when the server is actually up Exile wants 4 Houses going. But for now it's fine.