Why is Crussaria Inactive?

Started by Pink!, 02-02-2011

Paintcheck

True but when you use it to mean "pay" that is offensive.

Pink!

We should run a traditional peasant-only event. Like... a festival. Maybe a lord shows up for a few moments to make a speech, but for the most part, everyone has to play commoners and passive and it'll be fun.

For various reasons, I'm not at HGN much any more.
I'll see you all around, though, some time...

eroticduck

Quote from: Paintcheck on 15-02-2011
It's a bad theory because the server had 20+ people on it every day for two weeks when it first came out and it has always been donator access only.

It is not a bad theory because no theories can be bad; I digress.

If one were to increase usage of a service, one would decrease the price of said service in order for a broader audience to use it. You can't disagree with this logic because it's absolutely true, hence my point.

Paintcheck

Theories can be bad easily. If I said "I theorize that the Sun revolves around the Earth" you would probably tell me I was wrong because it flies in the face of scientific knowledge.

Since the server USED TO BE VERY POPULATED even at the current price point (and most people didn't donate FOR access to it, they already had donator status and got to play it) it would be safe to call your theory incorrect as we have already seen proof of numerous qualified (by qualified I mean people who donated) players that wanted to play before. And now they don't for some reason. There were 10ish on last week when the character ban was first lifted but since then it's been empty. The reason for it being empty now is probably not because of it being closed alpha.

Pink's probably on the right track with the lack of events.

eroticduck

Quote from: Paintcheck on 16-02-2011
Theories can be bad easily. If I said "I theorize that the Sun revolves around the Earth" you would probably tell me I was wrong because it flies in the face of scientific knowledge.

A theory cannot be "bad" per se. It can be wrong, but not bad.

Anyway, maybe people aren't playing because medieval roleplay is boring as fuck and has been done all the time???

Paintcheck

I would say that wrong = bad but if that is not how you see it then whatever.

If that's your view on medieval RP than why do you care why it's empty in the first place?

Name another Gmod Medieval RP server (that isn't full of furries ala Aria/Olden). I don't know where your "done all the time" statement comes from, and find it ironic that you say "It's boring because it's done all the time" when you play SRP (arguably as boring) which has had no fewer than 6 other servers (3 of which are still running right now) running it in the past/present (Minedog, The Zone RP.net, Paradox, TnB, the people who used to do it at TnB and stole TnB's script and founded their new community,  Anomaly RP, HGN (duh) etc).

eroticduck

why do you care why it's empty in the first place?

I don't. I just inserted a red herring to win the argument that I created for the sole purpose of winning.

jaik

Anomaly RP is dead for a while now.
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Paintcheck

It isn't convincing when Socrates did it and it's not convincing now.

And Jake that isn't a list of servers that are still up. Minedog and the ZoneRP have been dead for like 3 years now. We all know that. Which I said in my post "which has had no fewer than 6 other servers (3 of which are still running right now)" implying that only 3 of the listed ones are still going. lrn2read.

eroticduck

Socrates

I discredit Socrates a lot. He's so dumb.

Paintcheck

It's more Plato I have the problem with (finished the Republic recently, wanted to murder him) but Socrates invented that method of argument so yeah.

eroticduck

Quote from: Paintcheck on 16-02-2011but Socrates invented that method of argument so yeah.

Which I was doing long before I learned of it.

He invented it like Columbus invented America.

Paintcheck

Yet it is not referred to as "Eroticduckic argument" it is "Socratic Argument". Not knowing of something doesn't suddenly mean when you discover it you're the original inventor. Socrates was known for being a master arguer and therefore people associate that type of argument with him. Which is to say he popularized it. Which is probably about as close to inventing a method of speech as one can get short of actually inventing speech or argument.

The reason we say "Columbus discovered America" was not that he was the first but because he made Europe want to go there. Which led to the United States and all that shit. Whereas the Vikings didn't do uch other than get there first. Which is an accomplishment in itself but knowledge is only useful if people who can make use of said knowledge know of it.

eroticduck

Paintcheck

Really? It seemed like your point earlier was how Socrates offered nothing to ancient society because you used his methods before you knew of him. Which would make you either extremely ignorant or extremely arrogant. Good that we are more or less on the same page.

Now someone get Crussaria populated.

Nargotah

Really? It seemed like your point earlier was how Socrates offered nothing to ancient society because you used his methods before you knew of him. Which would make you either extremely ignorant or extremely arrogant. Good that we are more or less on the same page.

Now someone get Crussaria populated.

Okay, Eroticduck is a fucking terrible troll. And you just fell for it. Come on, man.

eroticduck

Quote from: Nargotah on 16-02-2011
Okay, Eroticduck is a fucking terrible troll.

shut up :(

Silver Knight

It isn't convincing when Socrates did it and it's not convincing now.

And Jake that isn't a list of servers that are still up. Minedog and the ZoneRP have been dead for like 3 years now. We all know that. Which I said in my post "which has had no fewer than 6 other servers (3 of which are still running right now)" implying that only 3 of the listed ones are still going. lrn2read.

...And our srp server has been alive for longer than 3 years. That makes us better than any competition that comes up. But please stay on track. This is Crussaria not Stalker.

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Paintcheck

...And that has absolutely nothing to do with the content of that post at all.

Cutch

Locking the thread. No more knowledge can be obtained from this thread, therefor it is now useless.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile