The Werewolf Pack (Updated)

Started by ThY, 10-01-2011

Celtic

I do believe a werewolf is part man part wolf?  So if wolves live in packs surely it would be reasonable for werewolves to.

Quote from: Cutch on 16-01-2011
For the sake of balance, Werewolves cannot exist as a pack, otherwise being a normal human would be impossible.

I assume that you're referring to the fact that the pack all lives in the same shed or barn away from society.  If they were to try to live their lives normally in the village at night they'd probably break out of their house and start killing people.  They can still leave the lair and try to blend in with the rest of the people during the daytime, but they need somewhere safer to sleep at night.

If you're actually saying that life for all the other humans would be harder due to the werewolves existing in a pack, I'm pretty sure we can trust ThY not to take 5 werewolves out at once and go lolpwn on the entire server.

Khorn

Wolf man means half man and half wolf.
Werewolf means something that would transform into full wolf creature. Not just a plain wolf. This isn't Twilight.

But if Thy is running this show, then I know he is capable of making good decisions on how to run this group.

ThY

I've been thinking of concepts for Werewolves in Crussaria over a year. But im not perfect.
Even though I've thought of it a lot, I do still want to adapt and change it to people's demands.
This means speaking to me instead of making rushed comments of how you want it to be within your 12 seconds of thinking.

I'm the one who has donated $100 to be one, and others soon will.
If you have ideas on maximising roleplay opportunities for them please comment, instead of throwing shit at me with no constructive ideas to help.

For example, I respect what Cutch has said. And have put it into thought, but I disagree. And it seems most the people here do too. But I want to discuss so it can come out successfully.

I don't want werewolves in Crussaria be like what Bloodsuckers are in Stalker RP.
Aka roleplay eating, fighting. And even that's the same thing. Dont forget the amazing roleplay of dieing in combat. And trust me, I have alot of roleplay experience in that area. It would be good to have some pack system to roleplay.  Make things exciting, anyway it isnt like we will have lots of werewolves. There are much better options to ballance gameplay than cutting down roleplay. (Which we pay $100 for)

And Cutch, I don't think I sound like this. Lets be mature.
"K, guys. Werewolves are a pack aight? Cool."

OjManchow

Basically guys, at the end of the day
ThY has been a member of HGN for longer than I can remember, In fact , since Day one hes been his bloodsucker and hes never once abused that power. Now that hes admin hes hardly gonna start abusing this, and im pretty sure he aint gonna take shit from any of his members that piss about
Expect no abuse from this

Cutch

Listen, I really would have no problem with people roleplaying as a pack in SRP when it comes to werewolves. I, myself, think it might be an interesting concept. However, the possible risks might outweight the reward. We might experiment with this when Crussaria gets into beta. However, lets not get too far ahead of ourselves. Also, I would love to talk on SF, ThY, but I won't be on the comp until this Friday.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Ravanger

Cutch does have a point, A idea might seem good but it doesnt mean it will turn out so it will be good to have a discussion with Cutch and Thy as well as maybe try and test the idea and work out problems and such and see if it works.

KingArthur

Your arguing over soothing dumb. If the leader wants to have werewolves together, so be it. I see no problem with people that all have the same problem grouping up, the only problem would be controlling themselves once transformed. Otherwise, what ever, its not like they can change (want to change at all) when they want.

ThY

Exactly Arthur.
Once I speak to Cutch about this, it will be all over.

Aresty

I support this idea. I know ThY, he's a good guy and perfect to lead a faction of werewolves, as he can manage it perfectly. Knowing that he leads this stuff, the pack will be under strict-rules of attacking and so on, so no fear on gods now what. And Cutch, I don't understand what's the problem with this ? People will just learn to look out when travelling at night, which adds to the Fear RP.

Recreas

I'd say that new werewolves should just find out about the pack, and if they want they join it. If they don't they are just werewolf outlaws or something. I'm damn sure Thy can handle to run a pack and I agree with Ares.
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves

ThY

Thanks for the support, mean alot.
But as Cutch said, he sees it as a ballancing issue.
So I will try speak to him to sort something out.
But I dont see this as a argument, but a discussion.

Cutch

please excuse grammar as i am posting this from my cell phone. Anyway, adding to the fear Rp? When did people start fear RPing? Id love to be naive, but I do not have the same faith in HGN's donators. I see bloodsuckers(if on) break the rules without consequence. Giving already mischeavous people the power to fracture RP to a greater extent. Harsher punishment may be the answer. Even if this is implemented, this pack would might go under a different leader. ThY, myself and (maybe) LE will speak about it this friday.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

ThY

Ajustments have been made, and a conclusion has been reached.
Expect changes or updates soon.

May I remind everyone this is not a +support or -support thread.