The Tavern (Rename?)

Started by ZainMenloe, 10-12-2011

ZainMenloe

Well, In-Game, I recently bought the tavern, and I was wondering if a new name should be placed. The only problem, is I'm horrible at coming up with names, especially for inns/taverns. So, if you have any suggestions for a change, any and all would be appreciated, or, if you want the name to stay the same, please say that. I will use majority vote, with a few exceptions.

My idea is since the town's name is 'Ravendale' I think it would be appropriate for the taverns name to be similar to that. Off the top of my head, this is the name I got. 'The Squawking Crow" (See why I don't make up names?)

Alright... I stayed up a few nights trying to think of some good names for any tavern, so here is what I came up with:
Fiery Squire
Ninth Vixen
Eagle Spirits
Seven Crossroads
Scarlett Wolf

All of these may be subjected to change by you and I alike. Also note that Inn, Tavern, Bar, etc. Can become the suffix of the name, as well as "The" Becoming the prefix. Please, Choose your favorite, edit the names, or make your own, any is fine.

PS, If I am allowed, I will make a poll including the most popular/liked names, then we shall see which will become the new name. The original tavern name will be an option too.

whyku

Ravens Den

Ravens Nest

(I am same with the names)

Ps: I am your barkeep

ZainMenloe

Quote from: whyku on 10-12-2011
Ps: I am your barkeep

I know. Rames said your username in OOC, remember?

Madcombat

Abit old but I'll throw it here anyhow.  Names dont have to make sence or even seem serious, theres many inappropiate names for pubs here in England such as "Pigs arse."

Im sure I saw one to do with someones vagina too...

jaik

the winking skeever
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Archaeon

Something about mudcrabs.

ZainMenloe

Quote from: Jake on 14-12-2011
the winking skeever
I'm not copying Skyrim, I want something original.

Quote from: Archaeon on 14-12-2011
Something about mudcrabs.
Hmm... Maybe... The Melodic Mudcrab? No... Again, I don't make good names...
But Mudcrab might be a good start.

jaik

Annnnnnnnnnd forum strike
Blake.H: And im also working on whipping him into shape
Blake.H: He's nice
Blake.H: He doesn't moan
Blake.H: The sheer obedience is enough to fuel my erection anyway

Silver Knight

The Dancing Bear has been a tradition for some time now, what's wrong with the name?

Quotebreslau: if i cant cheat i dont wanna play
breslau: period

Madcombat

Quote from: Last.Exile on 15-12-2011
The Dancing Bear has been a tradition for some time now, what's wrong with the name?

To be fair I dont see a problem with the name, I guess its because since they own it they want to make it their own.

ZainMenloe

Quote from: Last.Exile on 15-12-2011

There isn't anything wrong with the name, I'm just seeing if people would like a change. If a majority of the people want it to stay the same, it can stay the same. All is fine by me.

Quote from: Madcombat on 15-12-2011

To be fair I dont see a problem with the name, I guess its because since they own it they want to make it their own.

Yeah, Sorta, but as stated above, I don't mind if it stays the same. I just thought I'd get some other people's opinions. If people want a change, I'll ask an admin to change, if they like it the same, I'll leave it be.

Chippy

The Scarlet Rift

:3