The only people that know of TI

Started by Turkey, 09-01-2011

Turkey

The only people that know of The Inquisitors are

Porktins
Turkey
Steven

Seeing as no one inside the group has mentioned it in public, The Inquisitors are anonymous.

Meaning don't go around saying
"Oh those damn Inquisitors lynched another mage"
Or "THAT GUYS A Inquisitor" , because we haven't made a public appearance, and few know about us.
Yes yes, I attacked mango, But i was just some random guy off the streets, you can't asssume i am a Inquisitor because of that, and because of your lack of knowledge about the Inquisitors.

Tl;dr
You don't know about The Inquisitors faction. Yet.. so dont metagame

QuoteThe group are to be kept secret by its members, at all cost.

This is a FYI to the people going around talkin' bout the faction\

drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr..
.drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...
drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...
drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...drrr...

Paintcheck

I think it would be fair to say mages are aware of a group like the Inquisitors existing since there is somewhat of an anti-magic prejudice (or at least I think there is, it's hard to keep track of the canon with the billion rewrites) in the world and so most mages are slightly paranoid. But I don't think they could point to a specific group.

Dug

Tom

I think it would be safe to say it is some form of inquisition, and apparently cutch is aware of said inquisition, and he made an announcement about it publicly calling them "Inquisitors" which is a very broad statement seeing as most people who persecute magic are also probably branded with the very generic name inquisitor. So it is not like we are metagaming, but we are on the lookout for your guy Turkey, since we KNOW your char is at the very least involved with people who persecute magic.
Quote from: TheAndyShandy on 05-12-2013
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

OBrian

Wouldn't I know of it as I'm the leader of the First Order? I mean I think it'd be obvious I'd know of any magic-hunting group since I lead a magic-using group.

Characters - Stalker RP
Diederik 'Ghost' Sigmund - Mercenary - Alive
Archibald 'Joker' Jung - Freedom Trader - Alive
Characters - Crussaria RP
Durinos Rahl - First Wizard - Alive

Steven :D

Quote from: OBrian on 10-01-2011
Wouldn't I know of it as I'm the leader of the First Order? I mean I think it'd be obvious I'd know of any magic-hunting group since I lead a magic-using group.
Nope. Unless your told of it I guess.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Tom on 10-01-2011
I think it would be safe to say it is some form of inquisition, and apparently cutch is aware of said inquisition, and he made an announcement about it publicly calling them "Inquisitors" which is a very broad statement seeing as most people who persecute magic are also probably branded with the very generic name inquisitor. So it is not like we are metagaming, but we are on the lookout for your guy Turkey, since we KNOW your char is at the very least involved with people who persecute magic.

Then again that was immediately after Turkey stabbed Mango in an extremely packed tavern. I think what we all decided about that was:

Turkey and Steven were killed in that fight we had on the bridge (and they were just random dudes, not the chars they are) and everyone thinks they are safe for now.

Ragolution

Quote from: Paintcheck on 10-01-2011

Then again that was immediately after Turkey stabbed Mango in an extremely packed tavern. I think what we all decided about that was:

Turkey and Steven were killed in that fight we had on the bridge (and they were just random dudes, not the chars they are) and everyone thinks they are safe for now.
I don't really think you could say I "Died" since you threw a fireball at me as I hit the water.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Steven :D on 10-01-2011

I don't really think you could say I "Died" since you threw a fireball at me as I hit the water.

Talk to Turkey about it Steven, he told me to treat the bridge right as you guys both being killed and the Inquisitors staying secret.

^ Confirmed it, alright.

Turkey

(04:08pm) Maximilian Carter says "That bastard of an old Inquisitor might be dead bu-"

Nostalgia Critic - "No" Scene - (Shortened Version)

Edit1: NO ONES HEARD OF IT, I HAVEN'T LAUNCHED THE FACTION YET.

Meaning, We don't even exist yet..

Edit2: Yes I stabbed mango, But you wouldn't have thought i was part of TI from that, You would have thought I am a sick murderer.

Ravanger

Just saying to most people who there we immediatly heard the word inquistor and so forth so and we all knew that Mango was a magic user. So it kind of connected so dont totally blam everyone. We just heard someone mention it.

Anyways it seems it is being worked out slowly some what and things we will get straightened out.

Tom

Turkey. You picked an incredibly generic name for your faction. "The Inquisitors" is REALLY generic. Now if you had something a bit more unique you would not be mistaking a common title for someone who persecutes magic (Inquisitor) for metagame.
Oh boy.
Strap yourselves in, it's time for the great 'obligatory' SRP resurrection of 2013/14/15/16/22

Turkey

Turkey. You picked an incredibly generic name for your faction. "The Inquisitors" is REALLY generic. Now if you had something a bit more unique you would not be mistaking a common title for someone who persecutes magic (Inquisitor) for metagame.

lol. Thats generic?

Cutch

The Inquisitors are a canon faction that has been around for around a millenia. They aren't just a rumored group that Turnkey made up anymore. There have been witchhunters/magic users around forever.The fact of the matter is is that when you run around shanking clerics in populated taverns, word spreads quick. The original Inquisitors would never assault non-combatant magic users such as clerics. Even Turnkey put that in his thread.

"Stop living life so that you can do a job with out pay"
-Blake/Last Exile

Paintcheck

This is irrelevant anyway since like was stated earlier the person who shanked Mango is being retconned to a random Inquisitor who I later killed (instead of it being Turkey) along with Steven (again, a random inquisitor, not STeven's main) so as of now treat them with NLR and don't start trying to fight.

It would also help if the canon got sorted out soon because Silver is trying to make up some new shit and Cutch and most of the others on the server are trying to follow the old story. And personally I think the old story is better. Silver is asking for trouble by saying "Anyone can unlock their magic potential"

Tom

* Tom over night goes from a Bar Maid/Miner to an archmage by unlocking her magical potential!
Oh boy.

Turkey

This is irrelevant anyway since like was stated earlier the person who shanked Mango is being retconned to a random Inquisitor who I later killed (instead of it being Turkey) along with Steven (again, a random inquisitor, not STeven's main) so as of now treat them with NLR and don't start trying to fight.

It would also help if the canon got sorted out soon because Silver is trying to make up some new shit and Cutch and most of the others on the server are trying to follow the old story. And personally I think the old story is better. Silver is asking for trouble by saying "Anyone can unlock their magic potential"

Ye but saves the whole debate over "OMG I WANT MAGICKS"

"NO I HAS IT ONLY"

deluxulous

in·quis·i·tor noun \in-ˈkwi-zə-tər\
Definition of INQUISITOR
: one who inquires or makes inquisition; especially : one who is unduly harsh, severe, or hostile in making an inquiry

in·qui·si·tion noun \ˌin-kwə-ˈzi-shən, ˌiŋ-\
Definition of INQUISITION
: the act of inquiring : examination
: a judicial or official inquiry or examination usually before a jury; also : the finding of the jury
a capitalized : a former Roman Catholic tribunal for the discovery and punishment of heresy
b : an investigation conducted with little regard for individual rights
c : a severe questioning

Yeah, I'd say it's a pretty broad definition

Tom

Quote from: Turkey on 10-01-2011

"NO I HAS IT ONLY"
Yeah but then we'd have like 9999 Battle mages, its best we keep them limited

Quote from: PistolKid on 10-01-2011
in·quis·i·tor noun \in-ˈkwi-zə-tər\
Definition of INQUISITOR
: one who inquires or makes inquisition; especially : one who is unduly harsh, severe, or hostile in making an inquiry

in·qui·si·tion noun \ˌin-kwə-ˈzi-shən, ˌiŋ-\
Definition of INQUISITION
: the act of inquiring : examination
: a judicial or official inquiry or examination usually before a jury; also : the finding of the jury
a capitalized : a former Roman Catholic tribunal for the discovery and punishment of heresy
b : an investigation conducted with little regard for individual rights
c : a severe questioning

Yeah, I'd say it's a pretty broad definition

What I've pretty much been saying
Oh boy.

Paintcheck

Quote from: Turkey on 10-01-2011

"NO I HAS IT ONLY"

Well originally it was supposed to be limited to the 8 people in the First Order and that was it. Granted that was a year ago but...